Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-16-2008, 10:17 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

thanks, hope4me. good point about the exercise and eating right - i KNOW i feel better when i'm doing both (or even just one) of those things, it's just harder to get back into when i'm in a rut.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:44 PM   #17  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Aww Hope knowing you feel bad doesn't make me feel better At least your gyro had some protein and I refuse to think of margaritas as naughty. They are too darned good.

Iris - for you too! I know how those down days feel. Keep your chin up and keep trying, eventually the dark clouds will lift.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:48 AM   #18  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face Hello

Hello.

Only 6 hrs to go!!! I so wished I could have left early this morning too (left early last week using up my Floating Holiday)........I am just not in the mood to work today. lol. Coming in yesterday evening was so beautiful I just wanted to keep on drivin. lol.

Well my mom is *tentavily* coming up May 22nd-25th. She is putting in those days for vacation. I requested May 25th off since we are going to be working new schedules by then. (If I get the 1st choice I chose.) I don't want to have to rush to take her home and then rush to come back to work. I hope it is nice those days. It would suck if it was all rainy. But at least we will be together (hopefully) I guess that is all that matters, right?

Amarie -- Yes we sure could swap "sucky work stories" But I am just happy to have a job right now as they are cutting jobs left and right here, DH and my depts are the two safest ones to be in right now as we keep getting new accounts. So yes it is "sucky" but being unemployed would be even suckier. lol. Yes one piece of pie, cake, candy, whatever your "poison" is won't kill ya. lol. Infact it keeps you in check so you don't keep thinking about that constantly until you totally binge on it. Well that is how I look at it anyways.

BIG to everybody having a difficult time right now. I will come in here on the weekend when I am off.

Big
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:38 AM   #19  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girls, I've been flying in and out of here lately but this morning I finally have a chance to stop and say hello... HELLO.

Nothing much is new here, just busy at work, busy at home, etc.

Heather

Hope everyone is doing ok.... this is my favorite goup

Love you guys,

TTYL, Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:42 PM   #20  
Just keep moving ...

Morning!

I hope everyone is having a great day! I am excited because I am wearing my new pants that I bought for $10 on clearance at Macy's that didn't fit yet, and now they do! I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

Well, tonight begins my house cleaning marathon. I need to get it done soon, the dusty bunnies are plotting a coup. This will be my first weekend home in 3 weeks If I have time left over I want to get out in my yard and start moving plants! Yeeha!

A quick note to Heather in case our angel is still lurking - Thank you so much for inspiring me to start C25K. I love it. And I love you and miss you. I hope you are well!

Last edited by Amarie2pt0; 04-17-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

WOW AMARIE! CONGRATS! that's awesome! nothing like finally getting into some pants that you couldn't get in before. you're doing great!!!

Hope - congrats on all the walking!

I got up early and did 2 1/2 miles

I've got a busy weekend ahead of me with teenagers but I'll try to pop in and lurk ;-)

hope everybody has a great weekend!
hugs,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 04-17-2008 at 02:37 PM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:48 PM   #22  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

You all seem so busy. Its hard to keep up with all of you!

Amarie congrats on the running, good for you And hooray! on the new pants.

Hope good for you for keep up with the exercise as well And I'm so glad that you were able to show that twit at pool! That'll show him! Did you contact the lady with the job yet? Still hoping for you!
We are still waiting to hear about the job my daughter had the interview for. They can't get into the store until April 30, so there is still time to hear.

Cathy, Leenie, Sassy, Jerzy,Heather and everyone else bit

Well I'm going to do some complaining, sorry, its just been one of those days. Not all bad of course. The sun is out, the regional district came out yesterday and thawed out our culvert, so the water is gone, I had tea and lunch with my friend, I have the shrug for my daughters prom finished. so you see tons of good things. Actually now that I think about it this is so rediculous its funny. This morning I did a load of laundry, surprise. And when I went to put it into the dryer I found a puddle of water. so I checked things out and sure enough if I put water in it drains out the bottom. So obviously a seal or the pump is gone. Alright so I get things drying and carry on, letting it dry for the hour. Then take A into town as she was going for lunch and a study session with her japanese class. I carried on and had a very nice day in town. We get home and I go to start the dryer as the one hour just doesn't dry things completely in this house and all I get is a click! So I check and make sure the little dot is where it belongs ect, still just a click. I called hubby to tell him what all is going on and when he called back (after he got stuck and was waiting for help) he told me to pull out the sears flyer. He wanted us to buy new last year when things were going. I just can't believe both appliances gone in one day. I know we've had them for 14 years, but really! (I also broke an egg cup and a little ornament this morning, I did want to crawl back into bed and start again) Oh and our printer keeps giving us a "print cartridge error" we've put new cartridges in and cleaned the contacts but it still doesn't want to work. I guess the only good thing is that the 3 in 1's are now quite cheap. Thank goodness these are just minor things, but boy are they adding up Oh well one more day....
Saturday will be busy as A has her last exam and B has her prom. I'm not sure what we are going to do with her hair. I'll have to experiment tonight. Oh and C is feeling better. She can put her shoe on now and is leaving her cane at home. Last night the bruise came to the surface and her foot looks terrible. She seems pretty proud of it though.

Anyway I've wrote a novel, sorry. Just had to get it out, I would have whined at my mom, but she is working until 10 tonight. (Besides that she would have just laughed at me anyway, sheesh! wheres the love)

Well take care everyone and have a most excellent Friday
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:37 AM   #23  

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone!

(we're quiet this week... ???)

buddly- I hate those days! I tend to just feel irritable and tingly all over when that happens. Good to whine about it! I wish my mom was easy to whine to. She is just a fixer and can't understand a little need to vent sometimes.

amarie and sassy- I'm full of job anxiety recently...clearly a common theme on this thread!(do I mean the job or the anxiety ?? ) Our contract meetings are nearing and I fear I will not be rightfully compensated. My job has more responsibilities than I was prepared for and my day will be three hours longer next year. I predict my boss will offer me the hourly difference and that is not enough. My job is full of extra responsibilities that the other teachers do not have and I am struggling to make ends meet. I qualify for housing in my city that is government subsidized!! (private school, terrible pay.) It's a killer year for me, not to mention I'm finally going through therapy with a clear mind to kick this depression habit I've had for years. ARGH.

dear all- I need some suggestions: I don't sleep well on an empty stomach. I have been counting calories, trying to stay 1200-1400 daily. So I am learning to stretch meals out by getting the most of my calories with snacking, etc. I think it's too hard to try to eat three meals a day. I am a closet binge eater (scary to admit here right now! ) and am used to just eating all day. so. dramatically jumping to three meals a day while counting calories is a hard commitment. What I am finding, however, is that when bedtime rolls around I can't find a filling snack that fits into my calorie count. I know it means finagling numbers earlier in the day, but what I am most interested in is finding something low calorie that is filling enough for me to sleep on. I toss and turn and wake up through the night on an empty stomach. Do any of you all have this problem? Or have ideas for delicious bedtime snacks?

Thanks ladies!

Last edited by jerzygal; 04-18-2008 at 01:38 AM. Reason: didn't make sense...oops! :)
jerzygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:01 AM   #24  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

I'm here guys - I'll try to check in and catch up this weekend.
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

jerzy gal, i'm not too good at sleeping on an empty stomach either. i like to have a cup of hot tea before bed, but of course sometimes that just leads to me in the bathroom all night - no fun!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #26  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Not a good day ladies.......
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:10 PM   #27  

Good morning ladies
TGIF for sure
Hope everyone is having a great day.

Jerzy, sorry I don't have any real suggestions for you other than the tea idea or maybe milk. Or what about something like a low fat bran muffin with some water. It would expand to fill the void and .....help.......void things out in the am(sorry couldn't resist) I use to eat air popped popcorn in the evening as a low fat crunchy snack that filled things up. Sorry, as you can tell I don't really know.

Hey Heather glad you are still around!

Well it sure is a yucky day out, boy am I glad we get to stay home today. Its below freezing and blowing brrrr! When hubby got home last night I told him what little I had found out about our washer and dryer. He figures the washer should be an easy fix and maybe the dryer just needs a new button. He'll take them apart when he gets back into town and have a look see. I was suppose to go to my mom's this evening, but she has to work and thankfully I found a shawl at the second hand store and don't have to go searching through boxes at my mom's house to find one. Tonight should be fun as I get to play with B's hair and see what we can come up with. And one good thing about this cold weather is that the kids are planning an after prom party out in the bush, well there isn't that much snow, so when they clear the area the "walls" can't be to high and the wind is just to cold. So I can't see them staying out to long to get themselves into to much trouble and I know my daughter and she's already decided it will be to uncomfortable so she isn't planning on going.(I was hoping to find a "thank goodness, relief" emoticon, hehe)

Anyway I should go and see what trouble I can get into today.

Take care all
K
Old 04-18-2008, 01:12 PM   #28  

Aww Sassy You take care.
K
Old 04-18-2008, 01:47 PM   #29  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Happy Friday!

Just doing a load of laundry today and maybe going to the grocery store. DF will be away tonight with his biker buddies so I have a friend coming over later for a light dinner and to workout. I'm thinking about making a grilled flank steak salad with fat free feta and balsalmic vinaigrette. Not too naughty as long as I limit my steak intake.

I did mail a thank you note to the hiring manager so he should be getting it today. Thanks for the continued well wishes.

Sassy: Thinking of you. Take care.

Jerzy: Hmmm... Do you like oatmeal? It's warm and kind of heavy. The fiber helps you stay full longer so that might be an option if you like it. How about a scrambled egg and FF cheese on a light english muffin. The protein should stay with you. Peanut butter on wheat toast. Maybe some warm veggie or chicken veggie soup. If you like beans (black bean, pinto, great northern) they are very filling. Sometimes I just sprinkle a little taco seasoning, or chili seasoning, or cumin in them and you get a southwest flair. Hope that helps. Have any of those with hot tea and they are extra filling.

Buddly: Stop touching electrical appliances! I hope you don't have to get a new washer and dryer. Sounds like you are just as busy as we are. And snow? Still? It's 85 degrees here today.

Yea! Heather's back!

BBL
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:17 PM   #30  
Just keep moving ...

Hi all!

Hope - what time is dinner? Would you like me to bring anything Sorry, but that salad sounds yummy!

Jerzy - if you can find calorie room for it I reccomend a bowl of fiber one and milk. 30g of cereal with 1/2 cup skim is only 100 calories, and it has the effect that Buddly refered to! If you can find even more calorie room, you can add 1/2 oz of pecans or almonds for another very worthwhile 100 calories. The combination of the fat and fiber keeps me full all night. I'm sorry you have job anxiety!

Sassy - I'm sending you pretty rainbows and happy thoughts. I hope the day gets better.

Buddly - Oh no! The laundry nightmare again! I hope your hubby gets them patched up ok My new pair basically drained my emergency fund. Sigh.

Heather - nice to see you!

Well, lots going on in Amarie world today. I walked to work today for exercise and will, of course, walk home as well. Tonight I have the red-shoe party (I'm going with ivory/nude tonails!) which should be a blast. At least I'll get to wear my little black dress before it becomes my way-too-big black dress. Also, I finally developed a little spine at work and told the obnoxious guys to stop trying to use me as a scapegoat for everything, grow a pair and do their own work. (OK, not those EXACT words) Knowing I'm only going to be here 4 more months is very freeing.

Well, off to the grind - have a great FRIDAY everyone!