Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-24-2007, 08:09 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Shelby, of course you can post here! we'd be GLAD to have you here and we look forward to getting to know you! somedays it's quiet in here and somedays really busy. Just jump in and join the fun! this is a great group of gals!

CONGRATS on the 9 lb loss on South Beach. that is AWESOME!

hey skinny - we were missing you and wondering what you were up to? do you think the sun will ever shine again in LA? it's been a long time. are you still doing the techno gym stuff?

hey Marbles - CONGRATS on the loose pants! way to go girl! keep up the good work!

hey Leenie - how was your day? busy busy busy? how's everything going?

hugs
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:37 AM   #17  
CIN

Good Morning Gals!
I have not been here since November...my time flies!

Hope everyone had a joyous Holiday season and have made some good goals for New Years!

Needless to say I have been busy at work as Weight Watchers has long lines in January!

We have had very mild weather for Winter here in Ky. Yesterday we had a dusting of snow and they cancelled school.imagine that!

I never got back with my exercise like I should after surgery last April.......I am rededicating myself to it this week. I am starting out slowly and building up! I have had more trouble maintaining without it! (positively!)

Just wanted to send you all a wave!

Hope everyone is well!

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:27 AM   #18  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Shelby

Hi Girls.... can't play but wanted to say

BBL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:56 AM   #19  

GOOD MORNING GANG

WOW! I am thrilled to see a post from Cin this morning! boy how we have missed you! I'm glad you've had a mild winter. I was wondering how it was in Kentucky with all this crazy weather So? it has been harder to maintain your weight without the exercise? how hard? inquiring minds want to know but really, that is good to know. I know it certainly makes a difference for me in everything, the number on the scale, my frame of mind and my whole well being. What are you doing this week?....some walking? Are you feeling back to normal since your surgery?

Now after saying all that....I did not make it up in time to walk this morning. My poor dh is sick as a dog and was up ALL night coughing and I needed a little sleep. Between all of that and PMS I just couldn't make myself get up in time. but hey! there is always tomorrow. Hope I get some sleep tonight and I'm PRAYING I don't get what dh has.

Hey Leenie - I sure hope things slow down for you soon.

I am absolutely thrilled to see the sun this morning. It's been almost 2 weeks since it has peeked out.

Hope everybody has a blessed day
hugs,
Cathy
Old 01-25-2007, 02:52 PM   #20  
prepare for the BEST time

grrr, fiddled with netscape today, now it belches me off....lost my nice post!

Cathy, the nasty sinus, congestive cough thing is here too.....(i won't ask what color DH is)

It was 70 degrees the week after new years here....(if I'm lyin' I'm dyin', Leenie will verify)...I was strolling downtown Hoboken in open toe shoes that weekend....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:09 AM   #21  

Height: 5'6"

Just dropping in to say "Hi everyone"
Sorry I've been away, got the January blahs. But I'm still alive and kicking, so good start!
Thinking of you all,
Take care,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:06 AM   #22  
Moderator & Happy Chick

TGIF Everyone,

Marbles, yes it was 70 here. When I got married (January 1990) it was 65 degrees out... and that was 17 years ago tomorrow... I think the high for tomorrow is what? 20?? maybe LOLOL oh well, must be that global warming ((((ducking head))))) lolol.

Well kidlets, I'm going to have to run.... I get no peace anymore LOLOL

Catch up with you all tomorrow... any good plans for the weekend?

Old 01-26-2007, 10:22 AM   #23  
prepare for the BEST time

it was 9 degrees down by me thisAM...and the wind is brutal....my nose has not stopped running off my face and I'm sneezing but feel "fine"....allergies? the onset of a nasty, snotty cold? time to start popping the Zycam lozenges.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:30 AM   #24  

good morning gang

well it's official....dear hubby has the FLU. oh my gosh! i woke up with my head pounding but i don't know if that's from lack of sleep or if i'm coming down with the same.

the sky is blue and the sun is shining again today. wow 2 days in a row but suppose to rain again tomorrow

Hey Marbles - I know it's lonely over on the exercise thread. I'll get there girlie - I will - don't give up on us. sorry your allergies are driving you nuts. wow 9 degrees - that is COLD COLD COLD

Hey Buddly - we've been missing you! even when ya got the January blahs come chat with us. we might perk you up is it cold at your house?

Hey Leenie - no peace huh! I can relate. hope it gets better SOON! what ya doing this weekend? I plan to clean house tomorrow - I certainly need to - we'll see how it goes.

how's the rest of our gang today? I gotta get some 1099s out pronto so gotta run.
hugs,
Cathy
Old 01-27-2007, 08:43 AM   #25  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Cathy how is DH feeling today? ick ick ick, the flu is N A S T Y!!! Did you get the flu shot? You know my dear, its okay to miss a day of exercise, don't let it get you down.

Marbles, can you believe how cold it is.... 9 degrees ROFLMFAO!!! I am SO a warm weather person. Hurry summer LOL

Cin, good to see you. I also lost all my whim for exercising when I had my appendix out years and years ago.... and I let it get away from me totally. I wish I had gotten on the band wagon right away good luck to yah.

Buddly I too have the January blues.... these past two weeks for me have been painfully slow and my poor DH gets the brunt of it Hang in there hon. Did you know that daylight savings is starting 3 weeks early this year and one week later at the end of the year. I don't know if that effects you but I know it will help me MORE SUN SHINE !!!

Today is my 17 wedding anniversary so DH, DD and I are heading off to a nice place to eat tonight but before that we have a birthday party at noon, so my day is pretty much shot. Doubt I'll be doing much cleaning LOL.

Other than that.... sosdd

How about you?
Old 01-27-2007, 04:49 PM   #26  

good afternoon gang

I have been CLEANING ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY! I'm pooped. I think I need a day of fun rather than work or cleaning. what ya think? maybe I could put in (somewhere) for a day of fun. I'm tired of this routine

Leenie - it's good to see ya! and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY girlie! are y'all going to the Cheesecake Factory? wow that would be such a treat! the closest one we have is about 3 hours from us. BTW, what is your total weight loss these days. I know you're looking great!

DH is not feeling too good. Had fever again last night and felt rough. He's been sitting in the lazy boy all day watching movies and coughing and sneezing his head off. Everytime he does I Lysol something. My hands are really dry from all the cleaning I've done the past 3 or 4 days. I'm just trying hard to keep the flu germs away.

No we don't get the flu shot. It contains Thermosal which is a mercury compound and bad for the thyroid and as you know we don't need any more thyroid problems then we already have at my house. So we just take our chances with the flu. Up until this, it hasn't been a problem. My biggest concern is the timing bec I'm down to the end of the month and I have thing that have to get out at work no matter what.

where is the rest of our gang today? what is everybody up to?

hope all is well
hugs,
Cathy
Old 01-27-2007, 09:06 PM   #27  

wow it's quiet in here today
where is everybody?
Old 01-27-2007, 09:51 PM   #28  
CIN

Hi Gang
Sorry your hubby has the flu Cathy.................I really pray you dont get it .
Perthaps the Lysol and hand washing etc. will help.

I am almost afraid to brag on how well we have been thus far.......the Grandkids seem to keep something all the time! So far we still have remained "bug-free".

I have been doing a short video from WW..........not real into it yet but KNOW I must. I have only gained about 4 pounds but it feels like 40! All in the belly it seems! Ha!

I bragged on the warm weather a bit soon too. May have some snow this week end.

I measured my 12 1/2 yr old Grandaughter today Wow 6 ' even with bare feet! When she was a baby we used some statistic and it predicted she would be 6 feet tall and we thought it was a fluke! She is so pretty and doesnt seem to mind all the comments about her height. She is all legs.....beleive me I know.I helped her use that new product Veet for her legs last night.it took almnost the whole can ! Ha!

Happy Anniversary Leens! Enjoy the celebration. It is a celebration indeed. Every day of staying married!

Later taters!

Do Liz & Tippy still post? I hope so!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:20 PM   #29  

hey cin
it's always sooooooooo good to see a post from you.

wow your 12 year old granddaughter is 6 foot tall. that's awesome. I know she is taller than all the boys her age, those guys are late bloomers, but they'll be catching up with her in no time. actually, it'll be way too soon

thanks for the prayers - I certainly need them - and I'm praying I don't get it either.

Your short ww video is a walking tape?

I just got Leslie Sansone's new dvds called Walk Slim and I am so anxious to use them.

Yes Liz & Tippy still post here but Tippy doesn't get in here too often. I believe she is having computer problems and Liz is busy with work and family and not on the computer much. We are thrilled to see them post whenever they make it in here.

later gater & taters
Old 01-27-2007, 11:58 PM   #30  

HI gang

Wow great to see so many posts...old and new friends...great!

So I was completely overtired this morning and really hit the wall...quit work...at least one part of my job.

Working at it one day at a time.

So thankful for my friends here.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote