I bake breaded chicken a couple of nights per week (Made some tonight). We don't have to have fried anymore. Use breadcrumbs laced with any seasonings you like. I usually use seasoned salt, onion powder and/or garlic powder.
Spray a foiled lined baking sheet (shallow pan works best) with cooking spray and heat it the 375 - 425 degree oven while breading the breasts. Just wet the breast (water) and place in crumbs. I use a fork and actually press and roll crumbs into the breast. Once the all the breasts are breaded, add them to the heated pan (all at once). Then spray each of them with more cooking spray. I bake at 375 - 425 for 24 -25 minutes. Cook until internal temp reaches 165 or until done. It is crunchy everytime!
- Use half breadcrumbs and half cornmeal
- Sometimes if I want them to be less crunchy I use ww flour for 1/4 portion of the bread crumb mix.
- I only use boneless skinless chicken (thighs or breasts).
- add dried basil or lemon pepper to the crumbs (anything you like)
- used soy sauce, mustard, or any other condiment in place of water.
SHORT TERM/ RESTART JAN 2009:
LONG TERM SINCE JAN 2007:
199lbs - November 5, 2009 170lbs - ? 147lbs - ?
Last edited by jenhai; 03-12-2008 at 11:38 PM.