Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 04:59 AM   #31  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

PS: Glad you came out of lurkdom ajkulig!

and to 707goddess to! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, to run again! WTG on the 1/2 mile!
Old 12-13-2006, 06:44 AM   #32  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning everyone and welcome to all the new people, glad to have you on board!

Rowdy first of all you don't have to defend me, though it was kinda sweet. I'm still just plain curious if there is any truth to the liver connection. But like I said there are enough OTHER benefits to h20 to keep me drinking a whole bunch of the stuff.
Family issues are the PITS, I have not spoke to my MIL in about 4 weeks and my FIL even longer and if I never speak to them again it will be too soon. But for the sake of the family I suppose I will have to. We were invited there this coming Saturday night for a holiday party with the rest of DH's family, I am dreading it,dreading it. THey don't deserve to have my family there, they are judgemental and downright mean to us, and take horrible, horrible advantage of my good-natured husband.
Rowdy I find I absolutely can not do this without planning, and planning and then more planning. It's the only thing that keeps this working for me I believe. Good luck with your list, I hope it works for you. I think writing down stuff is a great think, first the actual act of doing it and then re-reading it enforces it.

Jeni, do you really think you should wait til next week to check out the sinuses? It gets harder and harder to see a doc as we get so close to the holidays? Maybe you should get there sooner. And I keep bleach in a spray bottle, so I just spray away, like my shower stall, it does an amazing job.

Umm, yeah funny aud you were thinking menapause, and it's the opposite, menstruation, a very mature young women though, I could see where we were all fooled. And I could not agree with you more, the nail fungus thing is downright repulsive, yuck.

Went to the mall (maul) yesterday, bought 2 more skirts, just gotta tell you on a sad note, not all size 14's are the same. Although they both were size 14, one is really skin tight, but wearable and the other is on me, but barely and I will save it for the future (the near future) when I lose about 10 or 15 more pounds. It will be good to have something on reserve. I bought 2 really, really nice shirts, the kind I've always wanted. I could have bought a bunch more but stopped myself at 2, cause I don't expect them to fit me for very long. Hehe.

WEED was pretty decent yesterday, don't have time to do any right now, I gotta go wake up my daughter. I'll give a check in later. HAve a great day everyone!!
Old 12-13-2006, 08:56 AM   #33  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

well i blew my weed yesterday, not enough water, not good eating.
w: 120 oz
e: abs, rehearsal, resistance bands
e: 1450 cals
d: more work on crafts
Old 12-13-2006, 10:48 AM   #34  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Good morning, lean-loving chickadees!

Robin - yeah, I do kind of get overzealous, but it just steams me when a person like you comes in there and tries to be informational and objective about the whole thing and then other folks turn it into a who's right/who's wrong debate. As to the liver thing - well, I'm no doctor, but the logic seems right to me that if the liver is an organ that helps cleanse my body of nasties, it's going to need WATER to help move it through the liver so it can filter more efficiently. How much do we need? Who knows. I think that water, however, is one of G-d's precious few creations that we can have unlimited amounts of and it won't hurt us - so I raise my water glass in a toast to you. I'm sorry you have to deal with the dreaded in-laws... I call mine "the out-laws." Go in there with your head held high... because, really, they're only making themselves look ignorant by passing judgments and being nasty to you and your family.

100percentME - you sound SO MUCH like me when I was fifteen! Seriously, I could have written what you just wrote. First of all, I totally agree with the other girls here and all of their advice - listen to these ladies, they speak the truth!! Secondly - I'm concerned about you only getting 1200 calories in a day. For we who are over 25, 1200 calories is on the low side of getting enough calories in a day. It's enough - but it's the minimum. For a teenage woman, I think it might be a little too low. Best person to ask? Your doctor. Or you could go to your school nurse. Or maybe even your gym teacher. Third - when I was fifteen, I had a friend who was a dancer. She was thin and willowy, and she wore a size 4. I wanted so badly to have a body like that, so much so that I resorted to unhealthy ways to lose weight. But you know what? I had BOOBS; she didn't! I had HIPS; she didn't! I had CURVES; she didn't! No amount of exercising, sweating, dieting, etc. would have put me into a size 4 because I just don't have the body for it. I really regret spending so much time feeling so crappy about myself during those years... because now, I look at my yearbook and see the beautiful young woman I was; I wish I'd realized it back then. My point in saying all this is that focusing on a number (size, pounds, etc.) isn't always the best way to go when it comes to losing weight and feeling good. We have weight loss goals here in the form of numbers, sure - but that's because we've been around the block a few times and we know what weight we feel good at. You're still a young woman with a lot of changes ahead - so give yourself a break! By all means, keep eating a balanced, healthy diet with enough calories - but I encourage you to focus less on wanting to be a certain number and more on feeling good. It's hard - but you can do it! Fourth, as to exercise... yeah, I know what you mean, because I sit on my butt for eight hours a day at work staring at a computer. At least you get to get up and change classes! I can't believe how much homework you guys get nowadays. I used to be a music teacher and so I never gave homework, but I was astounded to see how much you guys have to do, every night! So yeah, squeezing in a workout is hard. I don't know what kind of holidays you're celebrating this December, but nearly all holidays involve gift-giving... maybe you could ask for some exercise DVD's? Exercise is so important in the healthy-weight equation; losing weight and burning fat is nearly impossible without it. I encourage you to try some way to fit exercise in... maybe take up a sport?

*~*~*~*~*

Okay girls, our computers are getting shut down for the fifth time this morning (MAJOR issues) and so my time here is cut short, but I'll be back a bit later...

It's going to be one of THOSE days...
Old 12-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #35  
3 + years maintaining

Rowdy, umm hello, it's a message board, really no big deal, no reason to let it get to ya. Didn't you know that everybody here is an expert? On everything. And everyone. Although I really, truly believe everybody is just trying to help everyone else and that everyone has the best of intentions. I don't think anything malicious was intended.

And that's EXACTLY what I call my in-laws - THE OUT-LAWS!!!!!
Old 12-13-2006, 12:08 PM   #36  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Okay Robin, Suz~ I wasn't on much yesterday but did I miss something??? I get it is about the water thing (which I agree 100% and was told a similar thing by my nutritionist).

Robin, do I THINK I shoud wait?? Not really, I get a sinus infection every year at this time, but I hate antibiotics and if my body will fight the infection on its own then I want to try and let it. My sisters son has the same crud that I have (down to the 3rd day vomiting) and his doctor said this is a nasty one that lasts 10-14 days, but it is just a virus no anti-biotics needed). My doctor will give me antibiotics just by looking at me ( I must be a bacteria, I swear he does!)

Suz, Computers going down for the 5th time, ooooo that would irratate me. You were a music teacher and now you work in a law office, what can't you do??

Ajkulig,

Aud: Thanks for the visual!! it made me 1. crack up to the point of spitting out my coffee, AND 2. Never want to eat again. Thanks!!!

Glad to see you again 707godess!!

Holyteror~I am having the same problem as you. I need to get my frame of mind set again!!

~*~*~*~*

W: 80 oz (did great yesterday )
E: 30 minutes
E: no calorie goal for today, just NOT TO EAT AT WORK!!
D: Not to eat at work, I have been having a problem with this lately because I cant taste anything so I make something deep fried that I can load with salt. and yes I am paying the price a the scale NO excuses today. My chicken is made, I am going to put my broccoli in the baggie and I am going to Eat healthy today.

Last edited by jcatron243; 12-13-2006 at 12:13 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:35 PM   #37  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcatron243 View Post
You were a music teacher and now you work in a law office, what can't you do??
Well, I can't seem to get past 174 lbs!! Seriously, the past ten years have been a wicked wild ride for me, and you wouldn't believe the circumstances that got me to where I am now - but it was totally worth it, every bit of it.

Jeni, I really hope you start to feel better soon... being sick sucks anyway, but around this time of year it's especially miserable.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Welcome ajkulig! Always glad to have another on board... just hop right in and let us get to know you!

*~*~*~*~*~*

My computer is back up for the time being, but I've been told that our techie-lady is on her way down here to put her foot up our office server's butt, so who knows how long it'll last!

I'm pleased to report that I did a great job with my WEED yesterday, hit every single goal, which felt awesome. I can't believe I drank a full 96 ounces of water yesterday (and got lots of exercise trotting to the loo a bunch of times), and I managed to eat very lean yesterday AND get to the gym. My workout felt a little rough, but I pushed through and persevered to the end, so I'm feeling pretty optimistic today.

I also followed through on my "Solutions List" yesterday. One of my solutions was to make efforts at the grocery store to find portable, convenient, healthy stuff that I can fix in a hurry, and I sure did! One of my more exciting finds was these ready-made Campbells Select soup bowls. They're less expensive than the Lean Cuisines, low in calories and they're only 1:45 in the microwave! They have different varieties - today I'm eating a 98% fat-free New England Clam Chowder, and there's only 220 calories in the whole bowl! It's a goodly-sized bowl, too, so I know I won't be hungry later.

I'm excited for weigh-in on Friday!

My WEED habit for today:

W - 95 oz (do you think I can do it again?)
E - Pilates workout today, for something different!
E - 1200
D - Get all the dark laundry washed and folded, pick up stuff for donation to needy family

Have a wonderful, healthy, well-planned, non-computer-crashing day, everyone!!

Old 12-13-2006, 01:00 PM   #38  
Calorie Counter

You know Suz, I have never thought about getting soup....I love soup and if I have a half a sandwich or a salad with it.....MMMMM. Thanks for that idea, I think it will help me, ALOT!!

WHINING ALERT!! (yes again)

I know I have been sick for just over a week now, but I really need to get back into my groove. Tomorrow starts month number 5 for me and I seem to have forgotten that AHA moment. I know what the moment was, but I have lost that urgent feeling I haven't lost in 3 weeks, and I know its because I have made poor choices since Thanksgiving. I woke up today thinking, I will just maintain for the rest of this month, but coming here motivates me so much!!!

I WANT IT SO BAD!! Okay enough whining, it is time to do something about it.
MY PLAN:
1. I am going to find a picture of me, at the weight I want to be at. Put it in the fridge!
2. I am going to write a list of everything that got me motivated to begin with and read it every time I want to eat something that is NOT right.
3. I am going to go back and see what I did at the begining and follow that.
4. Most importantly I am going to forgive myself for the last few weeks. Get back on my bike, go for my walks, and rack up the exercise minutes.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:13 PM   #39  
aud
lc lifestyle

You know what's so great about this Thread? (and Forum) . . . For me - its seeing everyone's thoughts/actions/lack of actions ( )--with DATES. By coming here everyday - the days just don't BLUR together.

Reading about rowdyb getting her WEED-ON yesterday - reminds me that I've only WEEDED myself successfully ONCE since joining the challenge. It also reminded me how GREAT that one time felt!

Resolve Reinforced:

W: 72 oz
E: OP
E: THE GYM OR ELSE!
D: Stay OFF the scooters at work and WALK everywhere!

PS: The human body can live for WEEKS w/o FOOD . . . a matter of DAYS w/o WATER!

Have a Great Day/Night Everyone!
Old 12-13-2006, 03:23 PM   #40  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Wow, so much to catch up with. Jen, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like I missed something....to do with a disagreement over the water thing. I usually read the posts pretty in depth but maybe I just skimmed today. Either way it's really hard to over do the water intake....risks of hyponatremia, etc. but most people don't hit that amt of water anyway.

So glad others are coming out of the woodwork or coming back! <warm hugs!>

aud-all the scooters at work!? What do you do! Good girl, getting back on track!!!!

Suz---should we be worried about you?!?! I'm sorry to pry but some family problem and you will be consulting a lawyer?! I hope that all works out okay, if you need to talk about it, let us know. But it sounds sticky.

Me--doing pretty good lately, been in a groove. Can definitely get to the gym tonight. DS had his Holiday singalong yesterday, those things are so darn cute. A bit of a hassle if your kid's not in it but when you see your baby on stage, a mom just gets THAT feeling. I just loved it. He got to be part of a line of kids hold and twirling these candy canes around. First graders don't get speaking lines yet, but I just could feel how those moms felt of the kids who did.

Work went well---funny story, well funny to us nurses....I had to call a doc sometime around midnight for something his patient needed and he got FURIOUS with me for calling at "an inappropriate time", proceded to scream for ten minutes (did NOT take care of the problem I'd called about but okay), he went on to call me back 15 minutes later-he'd apparently forgotten to call me certain names, berate me some more, and AGAIN- called me an hour later to continue his tirade!!! Such is my job on midnight shift, but really- calling me three times to scream at me?! So funny, you just grow really thick skin working as a nurse, I used to get all upset if a doc yelled at me, but now I just know I'm doing the best job I can for my patients and to **** with them. Be mad, yell, I don't care, just do your job.

I had this darling little old lady this week, she was so darn cute....said to me "My daughters keep getting on me, telling me I'm losing too much weight, getting too skinny, but just laying here in this bed....looking at myself...I really do think I'm looking a bit DYSLEXIC--you know, like those young girls with those eating disorders? Yes, I think I'm getting a bit dyslexic." Ya just gotta bite your tongue not to giggle right in front of them. LOL It reminds me of the time my FIL went to visit Grandma in the nursing home, I'd asked how is she doing and he just shook his head and said, "Oh Michelle, it's so sad, she just looks so EMANCIPATED." And I'm thinking "yes it is good to be FREE" but of course didn't say such a thing...LOL

Enough for now, be back in the morning....I think maybe the kids will go see Santa tonight, am I feeling that brave? Okay, lets WEED that-

W-Constant refills of the glass, today is technically a "short" day, slept all day and will go to bed on time tonight. Probably about 2L or so.
E-Gym tonight, probably for a training session with the Big Loser contest trainer. Maybe some free weights.
E- Tilapia and baked potato for supper, any tips on how to prepare the fish? Maybe a salad or some veggies. (broccoli?) and again, being a "short" day, I'll have my "breakfast" (just now) and will have dinner and maybe a snack so it won't be too bad.
D- Go to see Santa? Clean the house? Wrap some presents? Call and catch up with my Grandma?
Old 12-13-2006, 03:30 PM   #41  
Calorie Counter

Michelle: your story made me laugh. My friends mom told me once she had to go in for and AUTOPSY!! About 3 days later my friend was told by her mothers boss that she should correct her mother because it was embarassing for his clients to listen too.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:48 PM   #42  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

I just want to thank everyone for the advice. It has really helped and i appreciate it!
Old 12-13-2006, 10:27 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 184/175/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi guys, today went fabulous I am very proud of myself and my husband lol.
My Weed Was this:
W 64oz
E Tredmill 45 min
E 1200 Calories
D Do laundry, and clean up the gift wrap explosion down stairs!

Looks like every thing went great, I'm still working on the water part but I am about to ask Colin to get my a refill on my glass. I would go myself except that he just got done mopping downstairs and most of it is still wet! I made stir fry for dinner. I am not a big fruit or veggie person so getting my 5 a day in is very hard, this makes it super easy and I ate a ton of brocoli. Colin even said it was great and very suprisingly he ate every thing including the veggies!

Also I have started playing DDR again, for those of you who don't know what that is, it's short for Dance Dance Revolution and it's actually a video game where you dance. I knew a guy who lost 95lbs just playing that. I used to play it a lot in the arcade before I had kids and DH has a nice pad so I started playing it here again. It has a work out mode and can even tell you how many calories you burn.

Just thought I would add a little about me as well. I am 23, I have 2 kids Clover (17 months) and Violet (2 months) I am a SAHM sort of lol I have a part time job at GAP Kids/ BABY GAP which I love. The downside is I have to where GAP clothing, which I love don't get my wrong but I don't think I look the best in them right now. Plus when I went back to work after having my last daughter I had to buy a sz 16 jeans which was twice the size I wore when I started at GAP 6 years ago when I was still in highschool and still a dancer. I did just have a baby though so I am cutting myself some slack especially since I had to have an emergency c section this time around.

Angela
Old 12-14-2006, 04:23 AM   #44  
aud
lc lifestyle

Popping by to say g'night - got my h20 in and tons of scooterless walking (I'm a union official michelle--sounds like you need one! )
Old 12-14-2006, 07:34 AM   #45  
3 + years maintaining

Oh Michelle, that's funny the emancipated, dyslexic story NOT the mean, nasty, inappropriate, doctor story. I'm sorry, but what the heck is wrong with them? Why in the world would anybody do that to somebody who's just trying to do their job???? When my daughter was a senior in high school, she participated in a program where she got to actually be in operating rooms and witness surgeries. She told me that I would not believe the way the doctors spoke to the nurses. She was appalled, absolutely appalled.

You guys didn't miss anything on this thread. I posted the water thingy on the Support forum and Rowdy didn't appreciate the tone some of the people were taking. No big deal. I think Rowdy should run for political office or something.

As for transportable foods, have you tried the Morning Star Farms Products, I really, really like them, they're full of protein and very, very filling? They need to be kept frozen and then microwaved. But you could travel with them and they would probably thaw and that should not be a problem. I like the Chick Patties and the Spicy Bean Burger. I eat them almost every single day for lunch along with some veggies.

My daughter is coming home from college Friday, very excited to see her, she'll be home for a week and then she's off to Europe for 2 1/2 weeks. Very ambitious young lady I've got. Going to the out-laws Saturday night for a family/holiday get together. Am not in the least bit worried about overeating, cause like Rowdy's MIL she can't cook for anything. Not only can't she cook, she has the dirtiest looking kitchen I've ever seen. I used to say why can't I just go to my MIL for 6 months, I'd have this weight off in no time. Probably come outta there all dyslexic and emancipated. lol.

HAd a little bit of a craving, urging kind of a day yesterday, but did not give into it I'm happy to say.

Todays WEED

W - drink it like it's going out of style
E - under 1200 calories
E - yup, gotta do it.
D - see above, house stuff, work stuff, wrapping presents stuff, other stuff, lots and lots of stuff to do.

Have a terrific day everyone.
Closed Thread