Old 09-18-2006, 04:30 PM   #1  

Default Thanksgiving Challenge Chicks Week Of Sept 18-sept 24 Support Thread

HI EVERYONE,

I FIGURED WE SHOULD START A WEEKLY THREAD FOR SUPPORT. THANKSGIVING IS COMING AT US QUICKLY. TOM IS HERE SO I WILL NOT STEP ON THE SCALE FOR A WEEK. I THINK IT'S HORRIBLE THAT THE WEEK BEFORE(PMS) I FEEL BLOATED LIKE I'M RETAINING WATER. THEN OF COURSE WHEN I START I STILL RETAIN WATER THEN HE GOES AWAY AND IT TAKES LIKE THREE DAYS TO GET BACK TO NORMAL. SO IS NORMAL REATINING WATER BECAUSE I HAVE ONE "FEEL SKINNY" WEEK A MONTH. THATS AWFUL.
I ALWAYS STICK TO MY PLAN AND I AM LOSING WEIGHT WEEKLY BUT I ALWAYS WONDER IF I WEIGH EVEN LESS WITHOUT THE BLOATING.
I HATE TOM I HATE TOM...... I AM THINKING MY NEW BIRTH CONTROL PILLS ARE THE CULPRIT. DOES ANY ONE HAVE ADVICE ON THIS? OH, I DRINK TONS OF WATER AND AVOID SALT!

OTHER THAN THAT I DID MY MONDAY MORNING PILATES CLASS AND SAT IN THE SAUNA FOR 15 MINUTES.I WOULD HAVE DONE THE ELIPTICAL FOR 15 BUT I HAVE NO HEADPHONES FOR MY IPOD. MY HUBBY USED MY IPOD THIS WEEKEND WHILE HE WAS DOING YARD WORK NEEDLESS TO SAY HE ACCIDENTALLY CUT THE WIRE WITH THE TREE TRIMMER. I COULDN'T HELP BUT LAUGH WHEN HE TOLD ME THE STORY OF HIM ROCKIN OUT AND NOT PAYING ATTENTION

HOW IS EVERYONE ELSE DOING TODAY? ANY SLIP UPS ON THE WEEKEND. I WOULDN'T SAY I HAD A SLIP UP BUT I CREATED THIS TORTILLA DESSERT AND ATE THE WHOLE BAG OVER THE WEEKEND. NOT BAD THOUGH THE WHOLE BAG IS 500 CALS AND 30 CARBS OVER TWO DAYS ISN'T BAD.
SO, FOR ANYONE DOING LOW CARB TRY THIS..........
LOW CARB TORTILLAS-SPRAY I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NOT BUTTER (0CALS)OVER THE TORTILLA - MIX TOGETHER SLENDA AND CINNAMON(0CALS) AND SPRINKLE ON THE TORTILLA AND BROIL IN THE OVEN TO MAKE CRISPY.

NOW I KNOW I CAN NOT CONTROL MYSELF I CAN'T BUY THOSE THINGS FOR AWHILE
HOPE ALL IS WELL
flabbychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:22 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

I had a bad weekend. Boy was it bad! I had just gotten back from vacation and I kept eating like I did on vacation, without the 6-12 hours per day walking. I started this week on a mission. I am going to "detox" this week I am cutting down to 1200 calories, then next week I will be up to 1500 cals. I also am adding an extra cardio workout two days this week. My normal is 30 minutes on a stationary bike and alternate pilates/weightlifting, then I walk 2 miles a night after work. I think after this week's detox I will be back on track. I cant belive how quick Thanksgiving is coming....

Jeni
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:52 AM   #3  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi guys!! This kind of thread is a GREAT idea! Not that I minded going through the original post place, just hit last page and usually got there. But now I have two more places to look foreward to!

I finally had my first weekend out of 3 that I didn't go off plan! Even DH made the comment that we do SO well during the week and have crappy weekends then feel so sluggish come monday morning. I slept all day Saturday (work midnights friday night), woke up, had a smoothie (my new favorite treat! I like the Kashi GoLean Vanilla shake-protein mix-saturday it was strawberry banana) then we go to our bowling league around 6...I bowled a 210! I'm a 150 average this year so far...Last season when I was more overweight and swung the ball around these hips, I only managed around 135 average, but since I've been exercising and getting stronger, I throw the ball harder and hit my mark more often! Earlier this season, I had a 214, the women's high game, but then my own mother had a 226 and bumped me to 2nd! LOL! Any other bowlers here or am I just going on and on? So after bowling is usually a trigger time, wanting late night pizza or taco bell runs...but I came home and made a LC brick oven pizza, the yumyum without the guilt.

Sunday, ate well all day, played at the park with the kids-it was so warm and sunny for once! My gym is closed sundays so no workout, but did play and clean the house.

Monday, DS got off to school and DD and I played all day, went to lunch with Daddy-Mexican, I ordered chicken fajitas w/ peppers mushrooms and onions, just ate them, not the tortillas. well and a little of the refried beans. BUT went to the gym, 20 min elliptical, 40 min weights (day 1- legs, hips, lower body) I usually do another 20 min cardio (usually cross trainer) but blew it off that night, it was almost 8pm and wanted to see the kids a bit before bedtime. I didnt mention it but breakfast and dinner were good meals too- oatmeal and a banana, the aforementioned lunch, smoothie snack, dinner was grilled pork chop, roasted potatoes and stuffing, small portions of each. Snack after gym was multigrain tostitos with salsa, I think I could eat chips/salsa every day.

Well think I might go lay down while DD still in bed. DS on bus out the door-check- and I have to work tonight 7p-7a and if I don't rest now, I probably won't until I get home tomorrow morning! Hopefully I get an hour nap or so.

I got quite a chuckle out of your DH snipping your earphones from your iPod! My hubby listens to mine too when he does yardwork, but then he just complains he hates the music I listen to. Luckily, that part he cut isn't too expensive to replace. I doubt I'd work out as much as I do if I didn't have my headphones. Which reminds me----what is on your iPod/mp3 player? I love to add to my gym mix, I'll post some of my favorites later.

Be good Ya'll!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 11:38 AM   #4  
Calorie Counter

65 DAYS LEFT TILL THANKSGIVING!!!

I am feeling back on track already after one day of good eating and good workouts. It was raining too hard last night to go on my walk so I did extra on my stationary bike. (Although my husband was upset because he was trying to watch TV.)
I am also feeling good because I did my measurements yesterday and I have lost 4 inches around my belly and butt!!! overall average is 1.5! I also have lost about 1% body fat!!! I still have about 16 pounds left to reach my goal but I am re-motivated!!!
Good luck to everyone!
Old 09-19-2006, 01:28 PM   #5  

I'm in!! I want to lose at least 10 pounds by Thanksgiving!!
G-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:59 PM   #6  

Is there a weigh in day??
G-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:03 PM   #7  

every wednesday is weigh in.........
Old 09-20-2006, 11:18 AM   #8  

I Am On The Last Twenty!!!!! I've Heard It's The Hardest

I Have Been Low-carb And It Works But If I Do Eat Carbs My Body Holds Water For Days After. Even A Piece Of Fruit! I Don't Want My Body Like That So I Need To Switch My Way Of Eating.

So I Have Been Searching All The Diets And Am Curious What Everyone Else Is Doing And If They Have Any Advice For The Last Twenty To Be Easy.

I Work Out Five Days A Week And Drink Tons Of Water So I'm Good In Those Areas. I Need A New Way Of Eating, One That Can Be Long Term.

Thanks For The Imput....
Old 09-20-2006, 10:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

Exclamation I want to commit to losing 20lbs

want to lose 2o by turkey day...another 8 before CHRISTMAS....I am now 219.2....I love this program...thanks for the needed support..BC
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:48 AM   #10  
Calorie Counter

flabbychic: calorie counting is working for me. I use fitday to calculate my calories and to keep me in check. Even on a high calorie day I log it in. I like to keep my weekly average at about 1500. I have a lower calorie goal. Most people I think do 1700-1800 until they plateau then they lower it. Some days I do higher calories than others so I try to keep an average. I don't necessarily zig-zag my calories, which is two very low calorie days, two medium calorie days and two high calorie days. (the 7th day should be adjusted to get you to your weekly goal.)But If I have a high calorie day I use the rest of the week to get my average down.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:18 PM   #11  

jcatron- thanks so much!!!!!! i went yesterday and bought the book "the fat smash" which isn't a diet as much as eating whole foods nothing processed. i am a calorie counter with fit day too. now i am low carb but i don't like the way it has my body reacting when i do eat carbs. so for the last twenty i want to focus on how i want to eat to lose/maintain so i hope this book does it.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:39 PM   #12  

Can I join this Challenge??

I would like to lose 12 pounds by thanksgiving

Iam doing weight watchers at home right now

walking a few days a week, although my hips and knees are hurting like crazy
bbbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:13 PM   #13  
Calorie Counter

welcome to the Thanksgiving challenge!

Hows everyone doing this week. I have No energy. my "detox week started great but for some reason yesterday with no energy I ate extra hoping it would give me some (by extra I mean extra!) Today is even worse plus I feel like my incentive is wavering. Of my friends who all started this new lifestyle together I am the one the has lost weight, this should be incentive enough.....I know I will get back on track. I just hope I am not getting sick.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:18 PM   #14  

What kind of Detox are you doing?

I am not having such a good week, I am doing WW and I have gone above points all week. Today is actually the start of week 4. Week 3 I just didnt stay on points at all. I did gain too because of that.
bbbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:39 PM   #15  
Calorie Counter

My "detox" just is a 1200 calorie, no processed foods, 2 fruits (atleast)/day 2 veggies (atleast)/day and 30 minute stationary bike/day. I like the word detox to describe it, it is hard but I find that it gets me back on track when I start waivering. After this week I will go to a 1500-1600 calories for my weekly average.