Old 08-31-2006, 09:07 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

woo hoo wtg kat and becky!!!

just doin aa quick read before work .. will catch up later *i hope* .. have an out of town football game tonite so doubt will be able to read tonite .. and i know i can't go 24 hours w/o checkin on this site .. its to much to catch up on!!
have a WONDERFUL day everyone!
owira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:35 AM   #47  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Morning gals,

Today is a brand new day and so far, I haven't made any bad choices. Never mind that its only 9:30 in the morning. I can do this today! It wont be easy, but I can do it.

Thanks for the kicks in the butt, and the encouragement. I'm going to need it over the next few days as I get back into my routine and past the horrible cravings.

new2luvnlife-Awwwgh! Mexican is such a hard one to fit in to an eating plan without killing your calorie intake. At least you got to enjoy a night out with your hubby.

pumpkin-thanks for the motivation. I need to get that affirmation in my sig. today. I had on a pair of size 6 jeans that were fitting really good back in May and they are a little tight now. I gotta nip this in the bud before they dont fit at all!

I am babysitting this morning, and then I think I'm starting a scrapbook from my 3 day walk. I'm hoping to add a bike ride later today also. My walk this morning was nice, but its amazing how dark it is compared to a month ago. So sad to see the daylight waning away.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:55 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 185/179/125

Height: 5'0"

Default Good Morning Ladies

Good Morning Ladies,

It is dreary and raining here in VA this morning. A little chilly compared to the rest of the summer. It isn't supposed to get over 71 today. I am gonna freeze at work today. They keep the AC like a morgue in here.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Artsygirl - I love scrapbooking. Wished we lived closer and I would help you.

Becky264 - way to go on your 6pound loss. That is amazing for a week. I might just have to give up Atkins and try WW.

Hey chaarli!!!!

Nightkat- congrats on your 12 lbs this month. That is wonderful. Glad your daughter is doing it with you. I look forward to seeing your daughters results. I know, how I wish I was young again. I used to be able to lose 10 pounds in no time flat.

Willmakeit- I know how you feel. I am stuck too. Kinda hovering around the same weight. I only started the beginning of August, let us both try not to get discouraged as if we stick with it - we will see the results.

owira - Hey! Wish I had a good looking chiropractor to go too. I am sooooooo jealous. Glad it is helping.

Tree - Hope you are doing okay and not stressing yourself out and running yourself ragged.

Ladies, Make it a great day!
n2luvnlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:28 PM   #49  
Queen of Rationalization

S/C/G: 260/257/135

Height: 5'3

Today was the first day of my class called Walking for Fitness which is essentially enforcing a 40 min power walk twice a week. But I didn't enjoy it. My best friend is in the class anlong with her sister. Both of whom are at least sixty pounds lighter and six inches taller than I am. I couldn't walk at the same pace as them and I sweat/got red faced a lot faster than they did. It was embarresing. I know that they care about me, and they weren't trying to make me feel bad but it was awful. I almost wish that I could just go by myself, but I bullied my friend into joining the class with me. *sigh*

I think I'm going to restart my diet tomorrow, no tonight at supper time. I really need to lose weight, and I need to get in shape. I never want to feel ashamed when spending time with my friends. This I guess is beyond the Christmas Challenge, but it is a great motivation to climb back on the wagon despite all of my excuses.
c_laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:48 PM   #50  
Dreamy Eyed

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'5

Kat and Becky!! GOOD JOB!!! KEEP ROCKING GIRLS! THAT IS AMAZING!!!

Well today has gone alot better than yesterday but I am choosing to forgive this entire week and on Saturday my life will be back on track.

N2~ I am running myself ragg'ed and I need to stop my immune system is lowering and I have acid reflux EVERYDAY ALL DAY! It hurts so bad...So I'm not really eating much because it hurts so much

Thank you all for your support I love you all! Gotta get ready for my Horror Film adn Fiction Class that is about to begin I hate scary movies...why am I here...
PumpkinPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:21 PM   #51  
Becky264

S/C/G: 210/177/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Vacation Plans

Jelly -- I read that you're planning a trip back to CA to see your family at Xmas time. Sometime after Christmas this year - I'm joining my sister and we're heading for Hawaii. I have never been there before but she has. We're going for a week. My cousin has a time-share we can use, so we'll have a blast. But . . . I want to be more comfortable - I want to weigh less, I want to feel a little better in a swimsuit, I want to have more stamina to walk -- got lots of shopping and hiking to do!!

Anyway -- we both have a goal - to look and feel better by Xmas. Well - everybody in here has the same goal -- Good luck to all!!
Becky264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:23 PM   #52  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

I know I said I would give myself forgiveness the first 2 weeks of school, but I'm gonna have to gain some control too. Today I ate 12 (count them...12) oreo cookies and 3 blueberry muffins.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:39 PM   #53  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Yesterday wasn't a binge. It was just high. Today is more of a binge. The nasty part about binging is it makes me want more (as opposed to being in control). 2250 calories. OUCH!
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:27 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

Okay so today has been good so far.
i always start off so good but this time I want to do it properly.
I'm trying to get my water intake back up to a good level.I do feel different this time and the fact that it is the start of Spring anbd beautiful weather helps.
chaarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:40 PM   #55  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Default Bleh

Hi girls

I have been doing well on my eating for 6 days straight... I am pretty excited about this accomplishment. The problem is that my tummy is feeling pretty messed up. I started going back over my fitday and realized I am getting almost no fiber... sorry if TMI, but I really just need to get my GI tract back on track!

Has anyone else had this problem? I feel all bloated and gross. I have two theories... 1. my body just isn't used to having mostly good foods in it, it was used to junk. 2. I am eating less food, so a greater percentage of my diet is dairy.

Any ideas? Encouragement?
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:35 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

Default Okay

Okay I just had the ultimate butt kicking...just found out that I have high cholesterol,luckily my ratios of good/bad are normal but my total is high.So if ever there was a time to get my diet sorted out it would be know.
My DH has high cholesterol and we both smoke although I have been trying to quit, so this is great motivation for me to get healthy.
chaarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:24 AM   #57  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Height: 5'7"

I am the Maid of Honor for my Best Friends wedding so I had to get my dress altered yesterday. I wear a size 22 pants and top...David's Bridal's 24 doesn't fit and they have to add fabric to it talk about a shot to the pride ...@*#*$&. My mom went with me to strap me in my corset. I know what sausage feels like...it ain't pretty. My friend was nice enough to put us in haltertops yeah now everyone can see my fat rolls over my top ...YIKES!!!

I have got to quit eating out. Mom wanted to go to Red Lobster which I was doing good I got crab legs. But those stupid cheddar bay biscuits were my downfall. I went over my calorie intake ...But today is a new day and I am going to get back on track. No matter WHAT!!
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:27 AM   #58  
Becky264

Default Scales - weighing in

Good morning --

I knew yesterday was too good to be true. My scale said I was 1.5 pounds more than yesterday!

Anyway - I have a question for you. Do you guys think it is best to just weigh in once a week - maybe twice? Or do you guys like to do it daily? I think I'm going to switch to once a week, cause there's so many variables - then things might not be toooo disappointing.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:57 PM   #59  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi ladies-

I'm doing fairly good eating wise today and its almost dinner time so that has me a bit cheerful. I had a tremendously good day yesterday-nothing to do with diet/exercise-everything just went well and I got 2 incredible things thrown in my lap. I'm still doing a happy dance!

Becky-I usually am on the scale every morning. I'm not sure if this is good for everyone, but it helps me with the whole process. You have to do what you're comfortable with. I'm going to Hawaii in mid October for my 10 year anniversary. I'd also like to be a little happier with my body by that time. With lots of hard work we'll both get our desire!

Scooter-What is it with formal gown sizing??? I hate that its alway AT LEAST 3 sizes bigger than your normal size. I'd like to string up some of those designers, and just about all of those smirking little salesgirls! Anyways, sorry for you had to experience such a tramatic thing. (By the way-those cheddar biscuits get me every time too.)

chaarli-Hope you can get a handle on the cholesteral before they put you on a medicine. Its so much easier on your body to just tweak your diet. Good luck.

NewDay-Great job on the 6 days!!! You're doing incredible! As for the gas and bloating-when you increase your consumption of green veggies (which most of us do as we try to eat healthier) you're likely to encounter this problem. Usually it'll take care of itself as your body adjusts to having more of these foods.

Deafinly-Hope you got your binge under control. Just move on and start to make each decision a healthier one.

claura-Hang in there with your class. I'm sure your friends just want to spend time with you. That's what friends are there for after all. I hope you stick with it and just go at a comfortable pace and try to enjoy as much of it as you can.

Pumpkin-glad that today is going better for you. Just think, you'll be into your new routine in no time and back to your program stronger than ever.

new2luvn-hope your weather improves quickly.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:28 PM   #60  
Becky264

Default Bridesmaids Dresses

Scooter --

Sorry you have to go through all that hassle for your dress. My daughter got married in July and she picked out dresses through David's. She had 3 bridesmaids - all different sizes. What she did was pick out the color and let the girls go pick out what looked good on them and what fit their style. It was great!! Too bad more brides don't do that.