Old 01-20-2006, 04:58 PM   #91  

finally 189 and this past week i did crappy mad at myself I know I could have done better BWAAAA this is hard. Good Goin to the losers and Keep at it to everyone who is struggling like me. hugs

194 189 174
fauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:04 PM   #92  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Stuck but Okay

You did good. It's my first challenge and I'm a little stuck. 175.8 I did lose 1/2 a lb this week. Won't make the 10lbs at this rate, but it's not from the lack of trying. I'm doing good and that's all that matters at this point.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 10:35 PM   #93  
Going to ONEderland

I hate to say this. I know sometimes people don't want to know. But what you eat, is as important as how much. When I was really fat and had never really been on a diet, I used to say that I didn't eat "that much" but that I ate the wrong foods.

I didn't realize how true this was, until I first tried Atkins. When your hunger is satisfied by real food (meats mostly and vegetables), you don't need to eat the starchy and sugary items. Those starchy and sugary foods are the ones who make you keep from losing the weight. For some us, just reducing by a great deal the foods you eat that are higher in carbohydrates, you will find that you will lose weight. You can eat just as many calories, but by eating way fewer starchy or sweet foods you can lose.

Maybe for some of you who are struggling you can look at what you ate, and see if tomorrow or the next day you can cut out some of the starchy foods and replace them with green veggys. The "what" matters as much as the "how much". You'd be surprised.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 03:06 AM   #94  

u r right SherryA....

a month ago...i was exercising religously and having just one meal a day not by choice....tax season gets very crazy...a'ight during that entire month i didn't lose single pound much alone just half of it....

what was i eating...well..i am a big chipotle fan...so after a hard day i treated myself to a beef/chicken burrito...thats it....until one day i found out that those things have 1300-1500 calories in themm....no wonder i couldn't lose weight....i ate 1500 calories and then went to bed...sheesh....bad days...

focus on the positive .....portion control is very important but also is what u eat.....
Juhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:25 PM   #95  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

No way I can catch up here! Been gone too long! This is what's been going on for me . . .
I have this tradition of sucky b-days. This year was no different! Ok, so we were in AZ, and it was nice and warm . . . but Mark forgot to say happy birthday to me until I reminded him around noon! His goofball parents were all pissy about Allen needing to be in bed at 730 WI time (630 AZ time) and then his best friend was being an a** . . that's a really long story. Needless to say I spent the evening listening to talk about breast pumps and pug dogs and eating way too much cake.
Eating too much . . . UG! Apparently nobady down there ever cooks! We ate out for almost every meal! I tried to eat good, but that's not easy when your at a place that only serves hot dogs! (Weinershnitzel)
I refuse to get myself down about my weight this week, and I'm sure I won't make my goal for the month.
Just very happy to be home!
Allensmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:37 PM   #96  

Another pound down! 174. 3 more to go!
Old 01-22-2006, 02:48 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 194/192/145

Height: 5'3

hey i think i may be kind of late but can i start this challenge?
KristenElizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 03:09 PM   #98  

Wink Late Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenElizabeth
hey i think i may be kind of late but can i start this challenge?
I don't think you can lose 10lbs in 2 weeks, but if you've been losing throughout the month, you can certainly count that!
Old 01-22-2006, 08:41 PM   #99  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

I'm up 3.5 pounds after my trip! YUCK!
Allensmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:20 PM   #100  

just curious....how many of u work full-time. I am an accountant and with busy season already crashing on me.....i can feel the effects....mindless nimbling and no exercise due to lack of time.

may be we can share info to stop the 8 - 5 weight gain
Juhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:36 PM   #101  

Default Walking at lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhi
just curious....how many of u work full-time. I am an accountant and with busy season already crashing on me.....i can feel the effects....mindless nimbling and no exercise due to lack of time.

may be we can share info to stop the 8 - 5 weight gain
I work full time and take care of 3 kiddos. Personally, I walk the first 15 min of my lunch hour (briskly), then eat. Then if I have time or energy leftover at the end of the day, I go to the gym. Sometimes I feel like good if I make it once a week.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:01 PM   #102  
dgpebbles

I work full time about 45 hours per week...I manage a blockbuster video...actually right now I'm running two stores....I find it hard to get in exercise sometimes too...After a long day I'm tired...So I try to do my workout before work and I ride my bike at night
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:18 AM   #103  
Determined

I've been experimenting between low fat and low carb diets. Can't seem to stay on just one of them for very long. So this week I mixed it up -- always staying around the same calories of 1200-1400, but some days low carb, some days low fat -- and 30 minutes of exercize a day -- it must have clicked -- I am down four this week! yeah
LouMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:23 AM   #104  

Hi all I am 186 a 2 lb loss since last friday good luck to all

jan 4th 194
jan 27th186 174
mini goal 175 (10 % loss)
fauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:34 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 210/154.4/135

Height: 5'6"

I work full time here @ 40 hours and since my hubby works 40 hours and goes to school full time I am only one that at home with our son. I am sure I am not the only one that does this lol. I gets hard for me to exercise but I make it must on my list to do and I figure it out. I tend to do better if I wake up at 4am to work out and if I have the energy I add some extra a night in between my son's bath lol.

I lost only 1 lb this week, been sick =)
Sweetloml is offline   Reply With Quote