Old 09-11-2005, 05:52 PM   #1  

Default 10 lbs. in 5 weeks?

Hi,

I need to lose about 15 lbs. Doesn't sound like much but I have been saying this for 3 YEARS!! Every few weeks, I "start" my diet only to fall off the wagon after a few days. Anyone in the same boat?

I have run out of excuses and realize that only through exercise and giving up my sweet tooth will I ever really lose the weight.

Anyone want to join me to support each other for the next 5 weeks to lose 10 lbs. on any diet plan you may be doing? I would love some buddies!

Last edited by Riverside; 09-11-2005 at 07:25 PM.
Riverside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 06:08 PM   #2  

Default 10 pounds in five weeks

I'd like to lose 10 pounds in five weeks. I started Weight Watchers two years ago at 135.8. Today I weighed in at 137.2. The lowest I've been in the two years was 133; the highest 137.9. I eat and drink (love wine) at the rate for a 135 pound person but I should be 125. My drivers license still says 115 but that's not possible unless I didn't eat or drink anything I liked. I'm going to a music festival with a lot of old fogies at the end of October and would like to be lighter. Meeting the performers after (especially Jackson Browne who's only a year younger than me but still skinny) is an incentive.

So, I identified with the lady who has been wanting to lose 15 pounds in five weeks! Linda
almost58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 10:36 PM   #3  

Hi Linda,

Jackson Browne and old friends, what an incentive! I can relate to the love of wine. I actually think I crave dessert less when I have wine but maybe that is just my imagination. Are you going to do WW for the next few weeks?

My "plan" is to not eat sweets and heavy white carbs and to get some type of exercise everyday (walking) including 3 days a week of lifting weights. I am planning on going to a body sculpting class at the gym tomorrow but I am already dreading it. I am so out of shape!

Have you ever done one of the weight loss sites like www.fitday?
Riverside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 01:01 PM   #4  

Default starting with 10 lbs

I have 45 lbs to lose, but would like to lose 10 lbs in 5 weeks as a short term goal.....that will bring me to onderland by Christmas
Kimquilts55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 06:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

I'd like to lose 10 lbs in 5 weeks too! Then I'd only have 10 left! I'm sort of following ww by myself, but it has worked before so it should be no problem.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 10:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

I am right there with you...I need to lose 10 more pounds and I think if I work *really* hard I can get there in 5 weeks or at least get 5 of the remaining 10 lbs gone...it's doable and what a wonderful Christmas present this would be to myself. I've been trying to take these last 10 lbs off forever (well...almost a year now) but everytime I get into it something happens, I get sick or have some sort of problem (ruptured disc in my back, torn ligament in my leg etc...) this time I'm hopeful nothing will stop me. I've let those things derail me longer than necessary always before, although I do recognize all the injuries or things meant stopping for at least a little while. This time I'm hoping for no problems. None were caused by weight loss efforts btw, just odd things that have happened. I'm going to start working on this again tomorrow...I'm in...I look forward to supporting each other as we work toward our 10 lb goal.
Lobacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:30 PM   #7  

Yep I 2 need to lose a few pounds. 10lbs would be great. I'm trying hard but it doesn't seem to budge! Lets all do it together

Forestdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:04 PM   #8  

Default Count Me In!!

I'm on a Caribbean cruise starting April 9. I would love to lose 10 pounds. Unfortunately the only way I can do it is get on the treadmill every day, yep, every single day.....for the rest of the time before I leave. Not easy when you come home from work every night wanting to do nothing but eat dinner and sit on the sofa.

But I'm going to give it my best! I'm at 143 pounds right now, 54 yrs old!

Jane
JaneR. is offline   Reply With Quote