Old 10-06-2004, 09:37 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 194/190/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default Made it Through the Park (Well Almost)

I made it to the park yesterday to do my 3 laps (1.25 miles each), and only made it 1 mile through the last lap because I suddenly had to PEE. Could it have been the gallon of water that I had been sipping on all day long, and the fact that I didn't go to the pottie before I went to the park...hmmmm Could be.. LOL

Walktober Miles: 4.75

Boy do I have some catching up to do. I'll be back at the park today...with a goal of 5 miles.
lil2sweet5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 01:36 PM   #32  

I am glad I realize there is no way I'm going to put in 100 miles in October. BUT it does give me accountablilty to do something as far as miles are concerned each day.

Today I jogged/walked 1.1 miles on

Total now is 3.4 Not much is it? LOL

Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:34 PM   #33  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Ok, so while there was no formal exercise today, I did wear the pedometer the whole time I was at work, and until I changed my clothes shortly after I got home. Then I forgot to put it back on. Today I only logged 7069 all day, but I wasn't nearly as busy today either, at least not running back and forth, I was pretty stationary. I did measure my stride though, and 7069 steps equals about 2.4 miles, and the 6216 steps I took yesterday evening come to around 2.1 miles.
However, I have to ask...
I haven't been counting "normal daily activity" in my exercise totals, and since I've been working at this job for over a year, this is pretty normal for me. I consider "exercise" to be what is done over and above that "normal" level. So the question is, since I don't count it as exercise, do I get to count the miles walked? If so, let me just say that I'm going to blow you all away!
I do a lot of walking. I think I might keep separate totals, just so I keep going with the stairclimber. I'd really like to reach 70-75 miles on just that by the end of the month, in addition to my normal everyday walking. But I did buy the pedometer, so I might as well use it. And it is kind of nifty. I have a new toy.

So anyway, do those miles really count? I can understand if I was actually increasing the amount of walking I do, but I'm not, I'm just counting and measuring. Does that makes sense? Let me know what you think.
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 09:25 AM   #34  

Default My Butt Hurts!

I made it that extra lap around the track last night for a total of 5 miles for yesterday. Wanna know how? Read my journal

Today's Journal

October miles walked: 9.75

Whoo Hoo

Have a gr8t day everyone!
Old 10-07-2004, 09:36 AM   #35  
"workin' on my fitness"

Elisha, I'd count the pedometer miles, now that you're aware of just how much activity you have in a regular day. In my tiny office, I'm lucky to get 5000 steps in, so for me, trying to get up, check the fax, check the front work room for mail, drop off files, anything I can do to get extra steps in helps. I know for me, I'm counting my WATP miles, plus looking at increasing daily movement to add more steps. And really, both benefit us, right? The more "active" we are in our normal day, the healthier we're going to be, right?

I think wearing the pedometer encourages me to be less of a slug- gotta get some steps in & get to the next 1000 step mark. Otherwise, I would just plop down once I'm done for the day & not move.
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 06:53 PM   #36  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Just checking in

I'm only up to 4.1 miles . Eek! I'll never make it to 100. Glad I didn't put money on this bet. LOL I did get a late start, but I'm still staying positive and hoping I'll make it up somehow. It may be impossible, but it's something to strive for. I'm hoping there are days that I can pick up the slack by doing a whole bunch. I know a girl that wasn't quite as motivated as her girlfriends that joined WW and they caught her with her pedometer strapped to her dog . She claimed it wasn't registering all her steps and so, since she was WALKING the dog, it would still count. Uhhhhh noooo

I did two miles on the track last night in the very cold late evening. I think it was upper 30's maybe lower 40's. Lots of stars. A little bit scary, but I saw one of our cruisers checking on me a couple of times. My OLD police department wouldn't have done that. I'm so lucky I fell into this job.

I've got to find a way to make these miles up. Hmmmm shaking my pedometer back and fourth seems to work well. Just kidding, honest.

How do you all respond to everyone's comments? I've been seeing that and I want to do it too. Is there a trick to it? Or are you guys just really good at this stuff. And the different colored text for each person you respond to, wow. I'm so antiquated on this thing. Geesh.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:56 PM   #37  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Well, I got my 10,000 steps in today. It almost killed me!! I jogged in place while doing all kinds of chores...I looked like an idiot!! DH came in to talk to me, and I was marching in place while he was trying to tell me about his day..and he said, "Would you be still!!!!???" I explained to him that I was trying to get in my 10,000 steps!! He just smiled and "allowed" me to continue - LOL!!! Gosh, this is hard! And, I feel like I am constantly on the move...with managing the kids, etc!!

O.K., then are we supposed to exercise on top of the 10,000 steps? I just can't tonight. I'm sore and still feeling sick...I think I have an ear infection - .
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:16 PM   #38  
Bound and Determined

Ok, so I got in 2.98 miles today, or 8622 steps, so far. And I've still got stuff to do. I'm absolutely positive I will top 3 miles, and if not I will take Lisa's cue and march in place for a while. Because I'm not quite done for the day, I'll change my totals in the morning.

As for exercising and walking in one day, right now I'm thinking that a 3-mile or more day is enough to wear me out. I didn't do my planned stairclimbing today, #1 because I stayed almost an hour late at work (which is highly unusual), and #2 because my body is telling me it's tired. "Listen to your body; it knows what it needs." (Do you need to use quotation marks when you quote yourself?) Ok, body, we'll rest. But don't go getting lazy on me! That way leads to destruction and disappointment!

That's the bad thing I'm seeing about this pedometer. I'm thinking, "oh, I've already walked 3 miles today, I don't need to move anymore." That's not good. I mean, it will help me get more active on my days off from exercise, and I'm certainly more conscious of taking more steps during the day, but at the same time, it almost feels like cheating, because I'm not working up a sweat, I'm not doing any more than I usually do.

*shrugs*

I dunno. Anyway, like I said, I'll update totals in the morning. Have a good night.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:12 AM   #39  

Nothing to post for thursday but I will be back!!! LOL No, I'm not Arnold.

Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 09:16 AM   #40  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Donna- LOL!!! Did you just say that in Arnold's voice..."I'll be back!" For some reason that just cracked me up!!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 10:06 AM   #41  

Unhappy More Miles

Went to the track again... Could not make that extra lap (butt still sore from the 5 miles the day before) but I made it 3.75 miles.

October Miles Walked: 13.5
Old 10-08-2004, 02:58 PM   #42  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Question

I know I will be short on days to get in my 100 miles, but better late then never, and I've got to start sometime. I just registered at the site and would like to join in, will start my walking tomorrow. No chance of me making a hundred, but each step counts, correct?!?! Now all I have to do is dig out my pedometer. Hmmmm.... Which pile of "stuff" could it be under?.

Artmaker
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:18 PM   #43  
"workin' on my fitness"

Welcome, Artmaker! In addition to the 100 miles, come join us on the other threads in this forum. I promise, everyone here is wonderful!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 08:36 PM   #44  
Bound and Determined

Well well well, chickies! As of 8:30 this evening I've got 3.17 miles under my belt for the day, and I've still got a ton of stuff to do. I'm going to Cincinnati tomorrow morning, so I won't be posting for a couple of days, but I should get plenty of walking in, and my pedometer is going with me! I think I'm just going to let it run steady without resetting until I get back so I won't have to do any addition! I'll just update my totals once when I return.

Have a great weekend, and keep up the good work everyone!
~Elisha

Oh, and welcome Artmaker! We've got a great bunch of chicks here! I'll talk to you again soon!
Old 10-08-2004, 08:39 PM   #45  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default The Slow turtle

I've only got 10.1 for the entire month. But I'm trying.
It's too busy in here right now to walk in place. They'll think I've done lost my mind! Good luck to everyone. Enjoy Cinci, Miss Elisha
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote