Old 07-19-2016, 08:02 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 276/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I'd like to join! I just started a new Ketogenic diet and need motivation to get working out, and stay in track with eating.

Sw:285.0
GW: 280.0
Kalymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:06 PM   #17  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

I actually don't eat a lot of bread. I just can't resist the church bread. I'm Greek Orthodox, so it's just sourdough bread but it's usually made with decades old starter, thanks to a tradition, so it's seriously amazing. I could eat pounds of it in a sitting. Also, if I were you, I'd get some bread and enjoy the sh!t that jam! No way I'd be able to just let it sit there. I don't know if I want to commend you on your willpower or urge you to cheat.

That cat is Regina, my first bottle baby. I found her when I was 14 and she was ~3 days old and managed to keep her alive out of miracle. I lost her in 2012 but she'll always hold a special place in my heart...

Summer is really not a good time to diet, is it? This is the first time I'm even attempting to do it and I don't like it one bit. All I want to do is go to taverns and eat fried fish and french fries and ice cream.

SW: 152
CW: 149.16 (-2.84)
GW: 148
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 02:20 AM   #18  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Marniadec - WOW! Your story about the kitty sounds so much like the one the picture reminds me of. She, Angel, was also a bottle fed kitty. Actually three kittens were found by a friend of my sister. They thought the little black one (Angel) was dead. They had her in a shoe box and just as they were putting her in the hole their son heard a meow ... and she was alive! My mom wanted her, and I ended up with her (it was planned, my mom had cancer and knew she'd be passing soon). We got Angel in 2004 and she died in 2012, like your kitty. She looked JUST like your picture!! I miss her and I'm sure you miss your little one too!
BelovedWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 02:25 PM   #19  
Maria

Oh, that was a lucky kitten! I'm sorry to hear about your mom...

Regina was thrown in the trash by a backyard breeder because she didn't have a Persian face and she was black, so he'd have a hard time selling her. A neighbor rescued her from the trash but she was married to a wife-beater who hated cats, so she left her out on the balcony and pretended her mom had left her there. My brother and I got her from her balcony after spending 3 days searching for her. I raised her with pasteurized cows' milk because I had no idea what I was doing and I'm convinced that she lived only because she ate so much that it was just impossible diarrhea it all out. I fed her every hour, I carried her around in my pocket or in a bed sheet that I wrapped around me at all times because she had separation anxiety and I fed it, rather than help her get over it, I had to teach her how to walk like we teach babies to walk when she was 8 weeks old and she didn't eat solid foods until she was 3 months old because she refused them. She started out as a really ugly, hairless little mouse with huge, bulging eyes and turned into the cat in the picture. She was much more impressive in the winter, though, when she was at her furriest. She also managed to become a normal, independent cat, an adept hunter (sadly) and an a$$hole. I still have her only daughter, whom I inherited after my brother passed away. She's 10 now and she reminds me so much of her mom that it's almost making me reconsider my stance on neutering. Almost She's climbing on me and chewing my hair and demanding cuddles as I type this. <3 Lol, I can go on about my cats for hours, sorry!

Also, I just noticed that the cat on your picture is real. What a gorgeous cat! His eyes are amazing!

CW: 148.5 (-3.5)
GW: 147
Old 07-20-2016, 07:10 PM   #20  

Yup ... I could go on on and about my babies too! The one in the picture is my first kitty. She lived to be 18 years old. Her name was "Pepe Le Peu!"
I loved that kitty ... she was sweety!!I loved both my babies, just the second died so expectantly it was very hard to get over. Now I am just an auntie to my neighbors kitties I am hoping to do extensive travels and I don't think it is right to have a baby at home waiting for you ... so, until I know I'm going to be stationary ... no pets in my home. ENJOY your day and thanks for reminiscing with me

OH! BTW - I am "toying" with the idea of doing a major trip ... one of the stops may be Greece

Last edited by BelovedWarrior; 07-20-2016 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:22 AM   #21  
Maria

What did happen to Angel? I was wondering because 8 years is really young but didn't know if I should ask...

I've wanted to do extensive traveling for a while, too, but it's not possible right now. You should totally do it! I've still planned several trips, though. You should definitely come to Greece! If you're thinking of going to an island or Athens, come in September. It's still pretty warm but it's cheaper and less crowded. I live in the mainland, in a city that's surrounded by mountains, so it's relatively cold. I wouldn't even think about going to warmer places during the summer.

CW: 147.6 (-4.4)

Just 0.6 to go! I've been on a roll lately!
Old 07-24-2016, 09:28 AM   #22  

Height: 5' 8"

It's been ages since I have been here! This is just what I need to keep me on track.

SW: 216
GW:211
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:42 PM   #23  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone

SW: 184.0
CW: 182.6
GW: 179.0
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:04 PM   #24  
Maria

CW: 147.2 (-4.8)

My ibs is acting up and I'm stalling. This better go away soon!
Old 07-28-2016, 11:08 AM   #25  

Marniadec ... sorry, I have been AWOL from 3FC's for awhile. Thanks for the info re: Greece. I'm hopefully going to meet up with the lady I know, who is from Greece, in a couple weeks.

I was moving and had little Angel in the bathroom so to not have her upset by all the commotion. It was late, and I was exhausted ... so, I stayed at a friend's as my stuff wasn't ready at the new place, and I still had stuff at the old place. I let Angel out of the bathroom and left. I came home about 7am and couldn't find her anywhere. Then, I found her in the closet, which was about the only place that had stuff left ... She was panting and foaming at the mouth. I felt horrible! I thought she was all upset because she thought I left her alone and left! All the furniture was gone and so was I. And I felt even more guilty because I'd told her when she was in the bathroom that I'd never leave her. And, here I left her.

So, we went to the vet. They took x-rays. Her one lung was black and the other we partially black. My sister was with me, she's been a vet-tech for 30 some years ... later she told me that when she saw the xray she thought "Oh Sh#%! Dead cat!" So, the vet took her and gave her 5 hours of oxygen. She died about 12:45. I was heart broken. It was one of the hardest things I experienced... because I didn't expect it, I blamed myself, and she was a connection with my mom -- so there was that too ... Some time later, I stopped blaming myself and realized she possibly had cancer. And, thankfully, my sister came across a text I'd sent her, probably about 7 weeks before Angel passed. I'd asked her something about if heat can make cats more sluggish and not eat as well. After Angel died I did some research about cats being sick and it stated that it's hard to detect a cat is sick. However, they may bet a bit sluggish and eat less. I realized that she'd been sick ... and I didn't know it. I sure do miss that little one... Oh well, what can I say.

I hope you don't mind the long version of the story. Give your little one a hug for me

Best of luck on your weight loss journey. If you're looking for an interactive, compassionate, group ... stop over and check out http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...e-welcome.html

Very fun, connective, and active.
ENJOY your day!
Gail
Old 07-28-2016, 11:33 AM   #26  

WOW!! AWESOME JOB Marniadec ... you have .2 to goal!! WTG!

WHOA!! Where'd everyone go?? Ennay you still there??

I thought I'd update things. I started this on 6/22 --
Looks like we are all moving slow in the month of July. Let’s blame it on the HEAT!!

It has been a terrible month for me… but, I’m not going to even let it cause me one iota of stress, tension, or upset … I’m just going to jump back on the horse and do what I’ve done for the last 5 months … the pounds will HAVE TO reflect the change!

SW 240.6 (6/22)
CW 236.8 (-3.8 7/26)
GW 235.6

7/25 - 237.4
7/26 - 236.8
7/27 - 239.0 Yesterday was a very high calorie day - by choice!
7/28 - 238.4
7/29 - 237.0
7/30 - 237.4
7/31 - 237.2

everyone!!

Last edited by BelovedWarrior; 07-31-2016 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:00 PM   #27  
Changing behaviours

Hey everybody!

CW: 181.4
Old 07-29-2016, 12:07 PM   #28  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Jumping in, hopefully for some motivation.
shea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 03:08 PM   #29  
Changing behaviours

Hey there Happy weekend, everybody!

CW: 181.6
Old 07-30-2016, 12:16 PM   #30  
Changing behaviours