"Forming new habits "- 21 Day Challenge

You're on Page 6 of 34
Go to
  • So it turns out I forgot I was doing this and didn't keep track of my intake... I may or may not have drank 2 litres but to be fair to myself, today will be day 1!

Challenge: 21 days of drinking 2 litres of water (68oz)
    Challenge Started: April 15th 2014
    Challenge Finished: ???

Day 1, April 15: Completed
    Day 2
    Day 3
    Day 4
    Day 5
    Day 6
    Day 7
    Day 8
    Day 9
    Day 10
    Day 11
    Day 12
    Day 13
    Day 14
    Day 15
    Day 16
    Day 17
    Day 18
    Day 19
    Day 20
    Day 21
  • The "Just One" Challenge: after lunch I will have just one square of dark chocolate, and after dinner I will have just one dark chocolate truffle.

Day 1 - 3/29 Just one
    Day 2 - 3/30 Just one - turned down DH's well-meaning idea to go get ice cream and told him about the challenge. He immediately said he would support me in beating the challenge. First small victory!
    Day 3 - 3/31 Just one - As proof that one good habit naturally begets others, chose a side salad with dinner rather than the chips. Small changes will make a difference for me.
    Day 4 - 4/01 Just one. Thank you for your encouragement, Diana. What I appreciate about this challenge is that it is not about a number on the scale. I do not want my mood or self worth to be determined by daily weight fluctuations. Instead, I just want to feel good, be able to fit into my clothes, and establish better daily choices. This challenge is pushing me do that.
    4/02 PAUSE. I should not have underestimated how challenging this would be. I have forged a strong association between lentil soup and peanut butter. Weird, I know. But I had lentil soup and out came the peanut butter.
    Day 5 - 4/03 Just one. Picking myself up from my stumble and making a better choice today.
    Day 6 - 4/04 Just one. Velvet Bean, "Even God took a day off" is my new mantra!
    Day 7 - 4/05 Just one. "Just one" could be any sweet, not just dark chocolate, as long as it is the only one sweet after lunch and after dinner. Today I did not feel good about my choice of sweet, but I did keep it to just one, which in my world is still a victory.
    Day 8 - 4/06 Just one. Again, it is ironic that I succeeded in my challenge today with "just one" slice of chocolate cake after lunch and "just one" doughnut after dinner. But based on how I was eating before I started the challenge, this is actually progress. Trying to appreciate the positives instead of flogging myself for the negatives, and appreciating the support on this thread. Diana and other new friends, go go go!
    Day 9 - 4/07 Just one. I love Diana's perspective that this is a way we respect our bodies.
    Day 10 - 4/08 Just one. Hello JazzyPeggy, water intake sounds like a great goal!
    Day 11 - 4/09 Just one.
    Day 12 - 4/10 Just one. The challenge has been easy to keep when my life has been so busy, and no sweets waved under my face that I have to resist. I don't know what it will be like when those two conditions change, but hoping I will have built up enough of a habit to hang onto.
    Day 13 - 4/11 Just one. Passed up the cookies being handed around at a committee meeting, maybe for one of the first times in my life. That's a big win. Diana, you are winning big lately, too, remaining consistent in meeting your challenge and planning the next. How is everybody else doing? Go go go!
    Day 14 - 4/12 Just one.
    Day 15 - 4/13 Just one.

Day 16 - 4/14 Just one. Hello Dreamer and SeeMyFeet! It is great to see more inspiring activity in this thread. This is my first-ever challenge. The keys for me so far have been 1) setting a very modest goal, and 2) stocking a higher-quality chocolate in the house, so that my sweet tooth is genuinely satisfied by just one piece.
  • Morning Ladies,Wishing everyone a great day. My day is full with both indoor and outdoor activities. GO Dr Geri, Go Dreamer, Go Jazz, Go See.

4/8 - Day 14 - No Snacking - Yeah - back on track!
    4/9 - Day 15 - No Snacking - Really tired at night, just need to go to bed.
    4/10 - Day 16 - No Snacking - Tired again, early to bed.(so glad I had incentive not to snack - for energy!!!)
    4/11 - Day 17 - No Snacking - definitely thinking before putting food in my mouth, it helps to write it down/ claim it/ make it a conscious choice.
    4/12 - Day 18 - No Snacking - Almost there, keep a going!
    4/13 - Day 19 - No Snacking - Good thing this promise was in place, the erge to snack was strong.
    4/14 - Day 20 - No Snacking - Repeat of last night, May have to do this challenge again.

4/15 - Day 21
  • The "Just One" Challenge: after lunch I will have just one square of dark chocolate, and after dinner I will have just one dark chocolate truffle.

Day 10 - 4/08 Just one. Hello JazzyPeggy, water intake sounds like a great goal!
    Day 11 - 4/09 Just one.
    Day 12 - 4/10 Just one. The challenge has been easy to keep when my life has been so busy, and no sweets waved under my face that I have to resist. I don't know what it will be like when those two conditions change, but hoping I will have built up enough of a habit to hang onto.
    Day 13 - 4/11 Just one. Passed up the cookies being handed around at a committee meeting, maybe for one of the first times in my life. That's a big win. Diana, you are winning big lately, too, remaining consistent in meeting your challenge and planning the next. How is everybody else doing? Go go go!
    Day 14 - 4/12 Just one.
    Day 15 - 4/13 Just one.
    Day 16 - 4/14 Just one. Hello Dreamer and SeeMyFeet! It is great to see more inspiring activity in this thread. This is my first-ever challenge. The keys for me so far have been 1) setting a very modest goal, and 2) stocking a higher-quality chocolate in the house, so that my sweet tooth is genuinely satisfied by just one piece.

Day 17 - 4/15 Just one. Diana, can't wait to hear if you have successfully completed your challenge today.
  • Good Morning Chicks, rainy day & perfect for reflecting on the days ahead.

4/15 - Day 21 - NO SNACKING!!!!! Knew I had to be accountable.

Gonna take a day or two to refocus. Wondering about a toning challenge cause I looked at my middle today, ugh. I certainly could use 21 days of pilates. Not sure of my greatest need, still want to snack at night.

Hope everyone is doing welll - keep up the the great work!

Day 11 - 4/09 Just one.
    Day 14 - 4/12 Just one.
    Day 15 - 4/13 Just one.
    Day 17 - 4/15 Just one. Diana, can't wait to hear if you have successfully completed your challenge today.

Day 18 - 4/16 Just one. I can't believe I'm three days away from making it through. Time to start thinking about the next challenge, because this challenge format has been really helpful and I'd like to keep it up.

Day 11 - 4/09 Just one.
    Day 14 - 4/12 Just one.
    Day 15 - 4/13 Just one.
    Day 18 - 4/16 Just one. I can't believe I'm three days away from making it through. Time to start thinking about the next challenge, because this challenge format has been really helpful and I'd like to keep it up.

Day 19 - 4/17 Just one.
  • Good morning Chicks. Still working on what's most important to focus on, making some progress(in the studio)

Dr Geri, you are doing great, what an incredible challenge and commitment to yourself. Almost to day 21!

Gonna do another round of No pm snacking, this time with 3 pause days. So the habit I really am working on is snacking once a week as a treat is ok, but not every night. Today I begin Day 1! This is a key lifetime habit to obtain and retain no matter what. Special social events happen, so plan for them in advance and afterwards too! I can DO this.
    4/19 - Day 1

Day 11 - 4/09 Just one.
    Day 14 - 4/12 Just one.
    Day 15 - 4/13 Just one.
    Day 19 - 4/17 Just one.

PAUSE - 4/18 One chocolate birthday cake sitting in the office, and I fold like a bad hand of Texas Hold Em.
  • Dr Geri, Pick yourself up and refocus, I'm here to help you! You Can do it!

4/19 - Day 1 - No Snacking - although I ate all day long. Luckily tomorrow is a new day and a new week =New Beginning.

This is gonna be a great week cheers!

Day 11 - 4/09 Just one.
    Day 14 - 4/12 Just one.
    Day 15 - 4/13 Just one.
    Day 19 - 4/17 Just one.
    PAUSE - 4/18 One chocolate birthday cake sitting in the office, and I fold like a bad hand of Texas Hold Em.

Day 20 - 4/18 Just one.
    Day 21 - 4/19 Just one VICTORY! I feel grateful to have found one small corner of TFC for support and focus on forging habits for the better choices I need right now. I already know what my next challenge will be. Today, however, I'm just celebrating making it through my first-ever challenge and the holiday.
  • I'll join in, because I have been struggling to drink enough water. I'll challenge myself to drink 64 ounces a day. I'll say 2 pause days, because it feels like a 3, but I don't want to be a big baby about it, lol. Day one tomorrow. Oh boy...
  • Back to Day 1!

Challenge: 21 days of drinking 2 litres of water (68oz)
    Challenge Started: April 21st 2014
    Challenge Finished: ???

Day 1, April 21:
    Day 2
    Day 3
    Day 4
    Day 5
    Day 6
    Day 7
    Day 8
    Day 9
    Day 10
    Day 11
    Day 12
    Day 13
    Day 14
    Day 15
    Day 16
    Day 17
    Day 18
    Day 19
    Day 20
    Day 21
  • Nice to see you back, Dreamer. You and Jansk8r will be nourishing your bodies with hydration. SeeMyFeet and JazzyPeggy, where you at? Diana, I'm glad we are starting our next challenges at about the same time.

For my second challenge, I hope to maintain the Just One policy for another 21 days: just one sweet after lunch and just one after dinner. Geneen Roth divides compulsive eaters into restrictors and permitters. Two sweets a day likely sounds excessive to folks with a restrictor history. But as a permitter myself, two sweets a day is a difficult reduction and I succeeded in my first challenge by the skin of my teeth.

I will also add a Drink No Calories policy to my new challenge. I will drink only water, tea, and green smoothies made with almond milk (which of course has calories, but it's more just a catchy title intended to keep me away from superfluous sodas and juices). Level 3.

Day 1 - 4/21
  • Dr Geri, good to see you taking up the same challenge plus adding no sugar drinks. You should see some nice benefits from this. I am so glad to have you here(on this thread) to help me be accountable. While I didn't officially add exercise to my diet maybe I should report daily to help me get back to 30+ mins a day, will do!

Cheryl & Dreamer, Welcome to the thread Cheryl. I'm hoping you two will help each other with this important challenge. Keep up the good work!

4/19 - Day 1 - No Snacking - although I ate all day long. Luckily tomorrow is a new day and a new week =New Beginning.
    4/20 - Day 2 - No Snacking - still eating too much during the day(30 mins ex -am)
    4/21 - Day 3 - No Snacking - gaining weight & starting to get mad =hoping this means better focus for both food and exerise, ugh!!(25 mins ex -am)