3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   "Forming new habits "- 21 Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/293440-forming-new-habits-21-day-challenge.html)

workinglikeadog 08-31-2014 03:55 PM

Any one else up for a challenge?

This is an old challenge I need to re-instate into my routine. NO P.M. snacking with 3 pause days possible.
Day 1 Aug 22nd - No Snacking
Day 2 Aug 23rd - No Snacking, have to remind myself as I start to reach for something, gotta break this nightly habit.
Day 3 Aug 24th - No Snacking. What a great challenge, has me thinking more about exercise and food choices!
Day 4 Aug 25th- No Snacking in P.M. feeling normal, just a bit of resistance. Think I have a doable exercise plan, now to begin and keep it up.
Day 5 Aug 26th-No p.m. snacking
Day 6 Aug 27th-No p. m. snacking, really hard tonight.
Day 7 Aug 28th- No snacking
Day 8 Aug 29th - No snacking
Day 9 Aug 30th - No snacking, almost 1/2 way there!
Day 10 Aug 31st -
Day 11 Sept 1st -
Day 12 Sept 2nd -
Day 13 Sept 3rd -
Day 14 Sept 4th -
Day 15 Sept 5th -
Day 16 Sept 6th -
Day 17 Sept 7th -
Day 18 Sept 8th -
Day 19 Sept 9th -
Day 20 Sept 10th -
Day 21 Sept 11th -

workinglikeadog 09-03-2014 11:14 AM

This is an old challenge I need to re-instate into my routine. NO P.M. snacking with 3 pause days possible.
Day 2 Aug 23rd - No Snacking, have to remind myself as I start to reach for something, gotta break this nightly habit.
Day 3 Aug 24th - No Snacking. What a great challenge, has me thinking more about exercise and food choices!
Day 4 Aug 25th- No Snacking in P.M. feeling normal, just a bit of resistance. Think I have a doable exercise plan, now to begin and keep it up.
Day 10 Aug 31st - No snacking
Day 11 Sept 1st -No snacking
--------Sept 2nd - 1st pause day.
Day 12 Sept 3rd -
Day 13 Sept 4rd -
Day 14 Sept 5th -
Day 15 Sept 6th -
Day 16 Sept 7th -
Day 17 Sept 8th -
Day 18 Sept 9th -
Day 19 Sept 10th -
Day 20 Sept 11th -
Day 21 Sept 12th - -

Jb1975 09-03-2014 11:56 AM

I need to take the challenge to drink more water each day! I think I will start with 64 oz and work my way up to a gallon. Also, I need to work on getting 8 hours of sleep at night!
Starting 9/3!
2 Pause days.

wannaskipandlaugh 09-03-2014 09:11 PM

Okay ... I NEED to be accountable as I have been slacking - BIG TIME.. tho alot has to do with traveling an hour (round trip) after work to take care of my parents house and cat and neighbors mail.. and.... but that all ends This Sunday! Hooray (My P's have been gone a MONTH on a cruise)..

SO my challenge is 2 things... Walk Minimum of 8500 steps and do Minimum 20 squats in a day! allowed 2 pauses before having to have to restart... This will start tomorrow as it is too late to walk (9:00 pm) and I am just eating dinner...

9/4 - 8752 steps and 20 squats! (its been 3 weeks since I did those.. Yikes!)

Jb1975 09-04-2014 06:53 AM

Day 1: 70 ounces of water and 8 hours sleep.

workinglikeadog 09-05-2014 10:13 AM

Day 10 Aug 31st - No snacking
Day 11 Sept 1st -No snacking
--------Sept 2nd - 1st pause day.
Day 12 Sept 3rd - No snacking - I can do this!
Day 13 Sept 4rd - No snacking
Day 14 Sept 5th -
Day 15 Sept 6th -
Day 16 Sept 7th -
Day 17 Sept 8th -
Day 18 Sept 9th -
Day 19 Sept 10th -
Day 20 Sept 11th -
Day 21 Sept 12th - -

Sue, Your schedule sounds crazy, thank goodness your parents will be home soon. I giggled when you mentioned squats, oh my, I need to start doing more of those too. Good to see you back.

JB, :welcome2: to 3 fat chicks and to this challenge thread. Hopefully we can motivate each other. I have found starting one good habit can lead to another and soon you are back on track. Good start on the water.

Jb1975 09-06-2014 08:34 AM

Day 2: 75 oz of water and 8 hours sleep
Day 3: Pause day, already! I got 70 oz water done but only got about 6 hours of sleep. My hubby and I spent part of the night checking in on and looking all over our pasture, in the dark and fog, for a cow that was having trouble calving. When we finally found her she had managed to have he calf but it was dead. So we had to make sure she was up and ok before we could come in an hit the sack. Not happy about the lost calf but the mama is fine.

workinglikeadog 09-07-2014 12:26 PM

Jb, Since you have two goals I would only count that as half a rest day, mostly cause I don't want you to get discouraged. Sleep hours are hard to control for me and fluctuate from night to night. Keep up the good work. Also sounds like you might live on a farm? I do but dh just rotates crops, no ag animals. Sorry for the loss of your calf.

workinglikeadog 09-09-2014 01:45 PM

Day 14 Sept 5th - No snacking
Day 15 Sept 6th - No snacking
Day 16 Sept 7th - No snacking
Day 17 Sept 8th - No snacking - beginning to feel like a habit again!
Day 18 Sept 9th -
Day 19 Sept 10th -
Day 20 Sept 11th -
Day 21 Sept 12th - -

Jb1975 09-09-2014 04:10 PM

Haven't check in in a few days!
Working, maybe I will give myself 2 pause days PER goal. Good idea!
As for the farm....I'm not even sure you could classify ours 52 acres as such. We have about 30 beef cattle, 3 donkeys and 4 dogs. We have had as many as 45 cattle at a time but do not currently. We are wanting to add a few but with prices right now.....well, you have to be on the selling end of the deal! We have the donkeys to keep the coyotes away and the dogs to drive me insane! We will be getting a hand full of chickens in the spring (4-H) we use to have 4 hens but one of the dogs killed them all. I want enough to keep us in eggs and my kids love them! We have a small garden spot that keeps us in some fresh veggies through the summer and allows for canning. This was the first year we have had out own garden, we did just help with my in-laws.

Day 2: 75 oz of water and 8 hours sleep
Day 3: Pause day, already! I got 70 oz water done but only got about 6 hours of sleep. My hubby and I spent part of the night checking in on and looking all over our pasture, in the dark and fog, for a cow that was having trouble calving. When we finally found her she had managed to have he calf but it was dead. So we had to make sure she was up and ok before we could come in an hit the sack. Not happy about the lost calf but the mama is fine.
Day 4: 74 oz and 8.25 hours of sleep
Day 6: 78 oz and 8 hours sleep.

workinglikeadog 09-11-2014 12:52 PM

Day 14 Sept 5th - No snacking
Day 15 Sept 6th - No snacking
Day 16 Sept 7th - No snacking
Day 18 Sept 9th - No snacking
Pause day two Sept 10th - family movie night, popcorn, was fun - just can't be a habit!
Day 19 Sept 11th -
Day 20 Sept 12th -
Day 21 Sept 13th -

Jb - 52 acres is more than enough farm to keep you busy, esp with animals. We use to have coyote problems(missing cats), they must currently be on a low cycle. Do the donkeys run the coyotes off? We have 5 hens and more eggs than needed for 3 most of the year. I let my chickens free range cause they entertain us and do help with bugs. Thirty cows sounds like a lot of work. Keep up the good habits, you are doing great!

workinglikeadog 09-14-2014 11:50 AM

Day 18 Sept 9th - No snacking
Pause day two Sept 10th - family movie night, popcorn, was fun - just can't be a habit!
Day 19 Sept 11th -No snacking
Day 20 Sept 12th - No snacking
Day 21 Sept 13th - No snacking---Yeah I did IT!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Jb1975 09-19-2014 05:45 AM

Haven't checked in in FOREVER!
Working, as far as the donkeys are concerned.....yes, they help with coyotes. It's funny, they "babysit" the new calves. We keep a close eye on the new babies (at least for the first couple of weeks), especially now that we no longer have a vet that doctors cows. Anyway, the cows will hide the new calves in the tall grass and my husband has to find them. Almost always, if he finds the donkeys (who ALWAYS stay together) he will find the babies lying within about 10 feet. Also, if the cows get too far away from their babies they, the donkeys, will call to them and then go "herd" them over. The 3 that we have do a great job with the small amount of cattle that we have. My father-in-law has just over twice the cattle that we have and he has 2 more donkeys. We've had them for about 8 years and we have only lost one cow and my father-in-law has lost 1 cow and 2 calves in that time. The 8 months before we got them, together, we lost 3 cows and 6 calves! The latest calf we lost was the one my FIL was saving for our freezers. It was born with a bad leg and walked with a slight limp.....it wandered too far away from the donkeys and that was just what the coyotes needed, along with it's slowed run. They have been HORRID this year! So bad that there was one that ran through our yard, right beside me, a few weeks ago. And a guy that lives just over from us went hunting in the spring/early summer and saw a pack of about 15 just behind our fence line. We can hear them making all kinds of noise at night.
Now, about this challenge.....
I have been on track with water but I'm going to have to start all over on the sleep thing! I've been waking up every morning at about 4:30. I have some weird internal alarm that wakes me up.....after getting to sleep at about 11.
So, the water I'm good with, right now. But I will start on Monday with the sleep. I know it ain't happening this weekend!

Dr Geri 01-05-2015 12:06 PM

Ugh boy. Five months ago, my already stressful life got exponentially worse and I disappeared from TFC. Five months of stress eating later, I don't fit into any of my clothes and I get winded just talking and singing. I have to take better care of myself in 2015, despite the fact that my stress level remains high. Indeed *because* my stress level remains high. So I am back.

Last spring and summer, I was doing pretty well with my Just One challenge: Just one piece of chocolate after a meal. I want to modify it this time, though. For this current challenge, I am going to eat just one little cup of mandarin oranges after a meal as my sweet dessert instead of chocolate. If I break down and insist on having chocolate instead of mandarin oranges, that will be ok, but I can still only have one piece. Three skip days permitted: this is going to be a tall order to get back into this habit and make better choices when all I want to do is eat sweets endlessly.

Day 1 -- January 05

Dr Geri 01-06-2015 01:00 PM

Last spring and summer, I was doing pretty well with my Just One challenge: Just one piece of chocolate after a meal. I want to modify it this time, though. For this current challenge, I am going to eat just one little cup of mandarin oranges after a meal as my sweet dessert instead of chocolate. If I break down and insist on having chocolate instead of mandarin oranges, that will be ok, but I can still only have one piece. Three skip days permitted.

Day 1 -- Monday January 05: Just one mandarin cup. Yeay first day back on the better-choices wagon! :)