3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   "Forming new habits "- 21 Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/293440-forming-new-habits-21-day-challenge.html)

Dr Geri 04-06-2014 06:46 PM

I am calling my challenge the "Just One" Challenge. Meaning that after lunch I will have just one square of dark chocolate, and after dinner I will have just one dark chocolate truffle.

Day 1 - 3/29 Just one
Day 2 - 3/30 Just one - turned down DH's well-meaning idea to go get ice cream and told him about the challenge. He immediately said he would support me in beating the challenge. First small victory!
Day 3 - 3/31 Just one - As proof that one good habit naturally begets others, chose a side salad with dinner rather than the chips. Small changes will make a difference for me.
Day 4 - 4/01 Just one. Thank you for your encouragement, Diana. What I appreciate about this challenge is that it is not about a number on the scale. I do not want my mood or self worth to be determined by daily weight fluctuations. Instead, I just want to feel good, be able to fit into my clothes, and establish better daily choices. This challenge is pushing me do that.
4/02 PAUSE. I should not have underestimated how challenging this would be. I have forged a strong association between lentil soup and peanut butter. Weird, I know. But I had lentil soup and out came the peanut butter. :(
Day 5 - 4/03 Just one. Picking myself up from my stumble and making a better choice today.
Day 6 - 4/04 Just one. Velvet Bean, "Even God took a day off" is my new mantra!
Day 7 - 4/05 Just one. "Just one" could be any sweet, not just dark chocolate, as long as it is the only one sweet after lunch and after dinner. Today I did not feel good about my choice of sweet, but I did keep it to just one, which in my world is still a victory. :shrug:

workinglikeadog 04-07-2014 10:53 AM

Morning Chicks, have a great Day!

NO p.m. snacking with 2 pause days possible
3/24- Day 1 - No snacking -
3/25- Day 2 - No snacking -
3/26- Day 3 - No snacking - Oh My, I almost picked up a strawberry without thinking tonight. I know that would be o.k. but also know if I start snacking I tend to keep it up - so NO!!!!
3/27- Day 4 - No snacking - Made sandwiches at night for next day, boy did I have to fight impulsed to lick the jelly that landed on the counter and lick the knife with left over peanut butter. Makes me wonder in the past.how many calories I ate and had no remembrance of eating. Something to think about - just one little bad habit(there are more where that come from )
3/28- Day 5 - No snacking - and ready to go to bed.
3/29- Day 6 - No snacking
3/30- Day 7 - No snacking - been Hungry, so it's a good thing I have extra incentive not to snack at night.
3/31- Day 8 - No snacking -
4/1 - Day 9 - No snacking
4/2 - Day 10 - No snacking - Boy, snacking is still tempting. I wonder how long it will take to break this habit for a lifetime. Gonna have to give this some serious thought.
4/3 - Day 11 - No Snacking
4/4 - PAUSE DAY #1
4/5 - Day 12 - No Snacking - Gotta stay focused, more weight to loss and I need this habit to be ingrained.
4/6 - Day 13 - No Snacking (Did not even think of it)
4/7 - Day 14
4/8 - Day 15
4/9 - Day 16
4/10 - Day 17
4/11 - Day 18
4/12 - Day 19
4/13 - Day 20
4/14 - Day 21

Dr Geri 04-07-2014 12:21 PM

I am calling my challenge the "Just One" Challenge. Meaning that after lunch I will have just one square of dark chocolate, and after dinner I will have just one dark chocolate truffle.

Day 1 - 3/29 Just one
Day 2 - 3/30 Just one - turned down DH's well-meaning idea to go get ice cream and told him about the challenge. He immediately said he would support me in beating the challenge. First small victory!
Day 3 - 3/31 Just one - As proof that one good habit naturally begets others, chose a side salad with dinner rather than the chips. Small changes will make a difference for me.
Day 4 - 4/01 Just one. Thank you for your encouragement, Diana. What I appreciate about this challenge is that it is not about a number on the scale. I do not want my mood or self worth to be determined by daily weight fluctuations. Instead, I just want to feel good, be able to fit into my clothes, and establish better daily choices. This challenge is pushing me do that.
4/02 PAUSE. I should not have underestimated how challenging this would be. I have forged a strong association between lentil soup and peanut butter. Weird, I know. But I had lentil soup and out came the peanut butter. :(
Day 5 - 4/03 Just one. Picking myself up from my stumble and making a better choice today.
Day 7 - 4/05 Just one. "Just one" could be any sweet, not just dark chocolate, as long as it is the only one sweet after lunch and after dinner. Today I did not feel good about my choice of sweet, but I did keep it to just one, which in my world is still a victory. :shrug:

Day 8 - 4/06 Just one. Again, it is ironic that I succeeded in my challenge today with "just one" slice of chocolate cake after lunch and "just one" doughnut after dinner. But based on how I was eating before I started the challenge, this is actually progress. Trying to appreciate the positives instead of flogging myself for the negatives, and appreciating the support on this thread. Diana and other new friends, go go go!

workinglikeadog 04-08-2014 11:31 AM

Dr. Geri, Keep on improving your diet, your body will love you for it. YOU can do it!

NO p.m. snacking with 2 pause days possible
3/24- Day 1 - No snacking -
3/25- Day 2 - No snacking -
3/26- Day 3 - No snacking - Oh My, I almost picked up a strawberry without thinking tonight. I know that would be o.k. but also know if I start snacking I tend to keep it up - so NO!!!!
3/27- Day 4 - No snacking - Made sandwiches at night for next day, boy did I have to fight impulsed to lick the jelly that landed on the counter and lick the knife with left over peanut butter. Makes me wonder in the past.how many calories I ate and had no remembrance of eating. Something to think about - just one little bad habit(there are more where that come from )
3/28- Day 5 - No snacking - and ready to go to bed.
3/29- Day 6 - No snacking
3/30- Day 7 - No snacking - been Hungry, so it's a good thing I have extra incentive not to snack at night.
3/31- Day 8 - No snacking -
4/1 - Day 9 - No snacking
4/2 - Day 10 - No snacking - Boy, snacking is still tempting. I wonder how long it will take to break this habit for a lifetime. Gonna have to give this some serious thought.
4/3 - Day 11 - No Snacking
4/4 - PAUSE DAY #1
4/5 - Day 12 - No Snacking - Gotta stay focused, more weight to loss and I need this habit to be ingrained.
4/6 - Day 13- No Snacking (Did not even think of it)
4/7 -PAUSE DAY #2 - After eating well all day I ate a huge piece of cake at 7pm and this morning I'm paying the tune to a 1 1/2 pound weight gain, I vow to respect my body more.
4/8 - Day 14
4/9 - Day 15
4/10 - Day 16
4/11 - Day 17
4/12 - Day 18
4/13 - Day 19
4/14 - Day 20
4/15 - Day 21

Dr Geri 04-08-2014 04:32 PM

The "Just One" Challenge: after lunch I will have just one square of dark chocolate, and after dinner I will have just one dark chocolate truffle.

Day 1 - 3/29 Just one
Day 7 - 4/05 Just one. "Just one" could be any sweet, not just dark chocolate, as long as it is the only one sweet after lunch and after dinner. Today I did not feel good about my choice of sweet, but I did keep it to just one, which in my world is still a victory.
Day 8 - 4/06 Just one. Again, it is ironic that I succeeded in my challenge today with "just one" slice of chocolate cake after lunch and "just one" doughnut after dinner. But based on how I was eating before I started the challenge, this is actually progress. Trying to appreciate the positives instead of flogging myself for the negatives, and appreciating the support on this thread. Diana and other new friends, go go go!

Day 9 - 4/07 Just one. I love Diana's perspective that this is a way we respect our bodies.

JazzyPeggy 04-09-2014 02:22 AM

Thanks Diana. I have had such a busy life. I'm trying to get back on the diet bandwagon.

Habit 1: Drink a minimum of 24 oz water. Level 3. (Once I complete level 3, I will do level 2, and then level 1.) I have to do this.

Dr Geri 04-09-2014 11:33 AM

The "Just One" Challenge: after lunch I will have just one square of dark chocolate, and after dinner I will have just one dark chocolate truffle.

Day 1 - 3/29 Just one
Day 7 - 4/05 Just one. "Just one" could be any sweet, not just dark chocolate, as long as it is the only one sweet after lunch and after dinner. Today I did not feel good about my choice of sweet, but I did keep it to just one, which in my world is still a victory.
Day 9 - 4/07 Just one. I love Diana's perspective that this is a way we respect our bodies.

Day 10 - 4/08 Just one. Hello JazzyPeggy, water intake sounds like a great goal!

workinglikeadog 04-09-2014 11:46 AM

:welcome3: Jazz, I like your plan and determination. By the way, I grew up in Cincy, so Kentucky is dear to my heart.

Morning Dr Geri, hope yesterday went well for you, keep up the good habit!

4/8 - Day 14 - No Snacking - Yeah - back on track!

Dr Geri 04-11-2014 11:01 AM

Day 1 - 3/29 Just one
Day 10 - 4/08 Just one. Hello JazzyPeggy, water intake sounds like a great goal!

Day 11 - 4/09 Just one.
Day 12 - 4/10 Just one. The challenge has been easy to keep when my life has been so busy, and no sweets waved under my face that I have to resist. I don't know what it will be like when those two conditions change, but hoping I will have built up enough of a habit to hang onto.

workinglikeadog 04-11-2014 11:23 AM

Morning Chicks, only 5 more days for this round. Wondering what I want to challenge myself with next round? Dr Geri, I sorta like your just one challenge - do you mind if I copy you? This would be very challenging, but might help me adjust to a new mental attitude as well(toward dessert/treat).

4/9 - Day 15 - No Snacking - Really tired at night, just need to go to bed.
4/10 - Day 16 - No Snacking - Tired again, early to bed.(so glad I had incentive not to snack - for energy!!!)
4/11 - Day 17
4/12 - Day 18
4/13 - Day 19
4/14 - Day 20
4/15 - Day 21

Have a great day :dust:

Dr Geri 04-11-2014 02:19 PM

Of course, Diana. Fellow Ohio natives (I'm from outside of Canton) and everyone else are welcome to try the Just One challenge!

Dr Geri 04-12-2014 02:43 PM

Day 1 - 3/29 Just one
Day 11 - 4/09 Just one.
Day 12 - 4/10 Just one. The challenge has been easy to keep when my life has been so busy, and no sweets waved under my face that I have to resist. I don't know what it will be like when those two conditions change, but hoping I will have built up enough of a habit to hang onto.

Day 13 - 4/11 Just one. Passed up the cookies being handed around at a committee meeting, maybe for one of the first times in my life. ;) That's a big win. Diana, you are winning big lately, too, remaining consistent in meeting your challenge and planning the next. How is everybody else doing? Go go go!

Dreamer2012 04-13-2014 06:39 AM

I used to do these challenges all the time back in 2012/2013. I have sort of fallen back into old ways and I'm so desperate to get back and start losing again. I think this a perfect for me and to start again. I'm going to be really strict on myself and if I fail, it's back to Day 1. No pause days allowed.

My challenge is going to be water intake. I used to be great with this one and now I suck at it.

Challenge: 21 days of drinking 2 litres of water (68oz)
Challenge Started: April 13th 2014
Challenge Finished: ???

Day 1, April 13:
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
Day 21

:carrot:

workinglikeadog 04-13-2014 11:31 AM

Good morning Ladies, Spring has sprung here, sunny and not as much wind as we normally get. I'm working on my vegie garden and weeds in general this weekend, so many weeds/debree. Things are GREEN here which is saying a lot for the desert, Purr-fect weather.

:welcome: Dreamer. Water is a good place to begin, like that you are focusing on one challenge to begin refocusing on yourself.

Dr Geri, How interesting you were from OH too, and now in the Pacific NW. Great job of passing on the Cookies at a meeting, way to GO!!!

4/9 - Day 15 - No Snacking - Really tired at night, just need to go to bed.
4/10 - Day 16 - No Snacking - Tired again, early to bed.(so glad I had incentive not to snack - for energy!!!)
4/11 - Day 17 - No Snacking - definitely thinking before putting food in my mouth, it helps to write it down/ claim it/ make it a conscious choice.
4/12 - Day 18 - No Snacking - Almost there, keep a going!
4/13 - Day 19
4/14 - Day 20
4/15 - Day 21

SeeMyFeet 04-13-2014 06:09 PM

Howdy all you habitual habit-formers!

Looks like the only new habit I've acquired is staying away from this thread! My "new habit" was supposed to be sleep-related, but I have failed thoroughly in every attempt. Sigh.

OK...a more reasonable, and maybe achievable, new habit....(Now don't you laugh, ladies)....I only recently discovered the annoyingly addictive 2048 game (thanks, boys!) and I need to give it up. My April 14 resolution is to stop playing that time-wasting game. Ready, set, go!