Challenge for the nerds! Walk to Mordor!

You're on Page 9 of 14
Go to
  • Still chugging away at the miles...mostly running, but I'm going to try to get in the habit of using my pedometer during the day.
  • Traveled: 4.5 miles

I left bag end and have crossed the water on a plank bridge.
  • I'm joining in on this!

Miles Traveled: 4
  • I haven't been very diligent lately about keeping track but I know I've done at least 8 more miles from my running/pedometer.

Traveled: 12.5

I stop in a birch grove to eat a frugal supper.
  • I'm lagging here. 28 miles. I'm really hoping to start amping it up soon. I very much need the exercise!
  • Quote: I'm totally in. I'm a shortie with a small stride, and I found a website that suggested 2,400 steps is closer to a mile for someone like me. I'll double check with my bodybugg, but I think that should be accurate enough.

Such a fun challenge! I had kind of wondered why Samwise wasn't super fit by the end of it though
    I was wondering the same thing this morning!

Dear members of the fellowship, I am about to embark on this quest as well. I must obtain supplies first (a pedometer.) Maybe I'll catch up to you if I walk a lot.
  • I have left Bag End and am heading west. I found a fabulous walking stick on the side of the road, almost as if someone left it there for me...
  • I have done a total of 56.33 miles. 11.25 this week alone.
  • Have been gone from the board and not getting a lot of exercise, but I'm at 45 miles as of now.
  • My inner nerd LOVES YOU!

I am totally doing this!

To make it easier to keep up, I am going to make it a part of my signature
  • I think this sounds like a splendid challenge! Perhaps we can revive it!
    I've never read TLOR, just seen the movies. So I think it would be fun to read the books while on this journey.
    http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchal...d/bag_end.html
    First Stop- Rivendell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=sHjv0GS-f8Q
  • lunarsongbird~ I'm game! I think I'm going to try and either find or make a map where I can actually track my progress to Mordor!
  • Well, I finally got some really decent movement in today. I took a 3.5 mile walk!
    I've been using Map My Run and I'm looking forward to using their app.

So- I've only made it past the plank bridge in the Shire. I might try for another 2 miles today to make it into Tookland.
  • Well, I got 4 more miles in today at the gym!
    I've crossed the Brandywine bridge and made it into Tookland.

Tookland:

I also made it to the Green Hills Country.

ETA: Got 2 more miles in today. I won't be seeing Hobbiton again for quite sometime.