Challenge for the nerds! Walk to Mordor!

You're on Page 14 of 14
Go to
  • I have MADE it to Rivendell! HOORAY! Look at all the Elves! WOW! LOL Rested 1 day and now onto (Gulp) MORDOR. This trip WILL take awhile as I am not up to the normal 18 mile day hikes that the Hobbits do. Unless something magical happens. Starting out tonight (while its dark so Prying eyes (Gollum) won't know I left..
  • Now off to Lothlorien (Tho I don't know that this is my journey's end for this part as we are hoping to go straight to Morder and drat that Mines of Moria debacle that I will be involved with!) I hate to leave the elves and the lovely people.. but I have the Lambas bread with me so I have the strength to go forward with NO CARBS! LOL
  • How have I never noticed this thread before?! I did the AHA walk challenge at work last year and did like 300 miles.

Well, right now I am at Bag End.

And Sue your tales and trails have been great.
  • Hello fellow Hobbit Mara! Welcome on this trail and journey!

I have to look around me to see where I am now...as I am 27+ miles out from Rivendell (ahhhh How I miss the waterfalls and the peace and quiet of that place!)
  • Perfect challenge for this larp geek!
    This is awesome and I think it's the challenge for me! I have found this rather late in the day for me but tomorrow I'm going to start. It's going to take me forever but I'm game. I love Tolkien!
  • This is an amazing challenge I am so in!!!
  • Resurrecting this from the dead. Lol... Does anyone want to continue walking? It looks like I took a pitstop on the Great East Road .... for like 2 years but I'm up 56 more miles since the beginning of January so I'm at 184.5 miles now. Camping in the Midgewater Marshes.