Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #31  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Reso - You'd better stick around! Love that calendar. Steady, consistent effort as always!

PacSun - Hope the move goes well! Think of all the calories burned lugging boxes and furniture!

pokey - Sorry I missed you! I've added you to the maintainers/coffee break category.

Joyful - I've been meaning to make kale chips and apple chips. How do you make yours?

Thinsole - Added you to the board!

josey - I've quit using Fitocracy too. Even with the changes they made not too long ago, I still found tracking fairly tedious for anything other than the Runkeeper data which is automatically synced. Let us know what you think of fleetly! I've never checked it out.

iron - We're working on doing burpees everday for 100 days. We started a couple of weeks ago doing 1 burpee on the first day, 2 burpees on the second....today should be 15 burpees. By day 100, we'll do 100 burpees!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #32  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Hey ironlovehandles! Peanutt put forth a 100 day burpee challenge last week. Each day we add one more burpee to the set,(ei: day 1=1; day 14=14 )

Here's a link to how to do a burpee.click here

The whole thing started on 10/13 so we are still early on in the trek, feel free to jump in today and start off with 15

Edit: Of course Peanutt beat me to it <3

Last edited by K3LL3Y; 10-28-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #33  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
pokey - Sorry I missed you! I've added you to the maintainers/coffee break category.
Please add me to the same category as well. I am actively working on losing and am participating in other challenges here (BlackOps, cheat free), but I am not making pledges right now for a reason similar to pokey's. Thank you.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #34  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Fitocracy vs Fleetly comments:

Fleetly looks good so far. Way less points but they also show you different fitness levels you can aim for (lean, toned, strong, pumped). Sounds more like a tool to get you where you want to be with some social features (challenges, friends network etc). They have medals for different milestones and leaderboard like Fitocracy but they are more geared towards your preferences.

Fitocracy in my opinion is competition against eachother by points only, no relation to real physical fitness. It also doesn't show you any progress on your fitness.

Fleetly has one really, really cool awesome feature that makes total sense to me: Your points are dropping when you are inactive!! That is sure motivating and keeps you going! Really love that idea!

One thing that really bugged me on Fitocracy was that you can save a routine but only use ONE per day, not two, three, etc. Seems like on Fleetly you can use whatever you want and log several times throughout the day. You can set up the routines and they remember what kind of reps, sets you use most. And you can share routines (e.g. saw somebody was sharing the 30 Shred levels etc.). YAY for that! They also have a really nifty app for the iphone.

I just started using it though I can't say much about the friends features. Anybody interested in signing up and adding me as a friend? You can check it out on fleetly.com

Edit: Fleetly also has lots of suggestions and pre-set workouts to try out. I love the categories: travel, quick, beginner, advanced, different sports (e.g. for hockey players etc.) and body areas.

Last edited by josey; 10-28-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 315/293/275

Height: 5'3"

Josey- I agree with your explanation of fitocracy. In the beginning the points and quests were a really good motivator for me. But now that I'm not such a newbie to fitness I'm starting to see that the points system is a little arbitrary sometimes. It definitely doesn't help me track my actual level of fitness.

Fleetly sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #36  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey View Post
One thing that really bugged me on Fitocracy was that you can save a routine but only use ONE per day, not two, three, etc.
I use multiple routines in a day all the time on Fitocracy.

I might check out fleetly, fitocracy was interesting at first because of the quests but without quests and without the ability to see old workouts it has very little value to me. If I cant see a history, what is the point?
Old 10-28-2011, 05:19 PM   #37  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Wow - Get sick for a week or so and look what all happens, new threads, new managements, new fitness tracking websites, oh my! Ok, everyone try your very best to never have shingles because that sucked a lot and I didn't even have it very bad since I caught it extremely early. I'm back with a vengeance now though. I did my normal gym routine today plus 30 minutes of spin class. Since it is directly after I have done an hour long weights class and an hour of zumba I will have to work up to the full hour. I'm also starting the 100 burpee challenge over since I was certainly not doing burpees while I had jolts of pain going through my nerves. Today is now day 1 for me and is complete.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:37 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 160/163/120

Height: 5'2"

I'd like to be added to the spreadsheet please!

Yikes, I'm having some serious energy issues now that winter's practically here. I hate that it's dark by 6pm. And cold! All I want to do is snuggle up on the couch with a blanket when I get home from work, not head back out to the gym. I think it's time to dust off the fitness dvds!
Old 10-29-2011, 12:29 AM   #39  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby5839 View Post
Yikes, I'm having some serious energy issues now that winter's practically here. I hate that it's dark by 6pm. And cold! All I want to do is snuggle up on the couch with a blanket when I get home from work, not head back out to the gym. I think it's time to dust off the fitness dvds!
ruby, I am SO with you. I've felt that exact same way this week. Normally I look forward to the gym, but I had to drag myself there the last two nights. Blech.

Edit: ruby, maybe think about joining the monthly exercise challenge in this forum for November (October thread is here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...challenge.html) if setting goals is helpful for you. The only thing that's been getting me to the gym this week is that if I don't go every day through the end of the month I won't meet my monthly exercise goal, and I HATE not meeting a goal I've set. Whatever works, right?

Cheat free challenge is going well; day 5/30 complete.

Last edited by chickadee32; 10-29-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #40  

Height: 5' 8"

Just woke up and looked outside and it is SNOWING. The kids and I are going trick or treating at the zoo today. At least I will get in some extra steps today, and maybe the cold will help me burn off a few extra calories trying to stay warm.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:17 AM   #41  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Good morning peeps! I am up and ready to wrestle the spreadsheet today :-)
You have 5 more hours (until 2pm EST) to log in the existing (old) one and also let me know (if you haven't already) if you want to stay on the sheet.

I will post when I start working on the sheet i.e. when you shouldn't access the old one anymore.

I will let you know when I am done with the changes, post the link to the new sheet and explain what changes.

If somebody misses the deadline and is dropped off the sheet, I think we will treat it as a new member sign on. I will post more information on how to get added to the sheet later on.

Any questions? comments?

Edit:
Here is the list so far again:
Budget
Chick
Ennay
Envelope
FitGirl
Jeanettey
Josey
Joyful
K3
Ksquared
MadamB
PacSunMama
Peanutt
Pokey
Rainbow
Rated
Reso
Ruby
Sarge
Sindaena
SolarPlant
Tate
Thinsole

Last edited by josey; 10-29-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #42  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Bleh, someone gave me the flu , i knew i had something coming on the last few days, yesterday was pretty rough but i surprised myself and pushed ahead through work, my walk, cleaning the entire house in the evening, good thing because it's pretty much full blown today and i'm not going to be the most energetic, but i still need to do my walk.

Weigh in yesterday i was into the 193,s... again... on the new scale so i'm making some headway once again.

Pokey : Thanks, , i hope to participate a little more again now that i'm actively working towards something, you almost feel like a fifth wheel when you can't contribute.

Thinsole: Yeah, i didn't know what i was missing without a smartphone, now that i have one it's my new favorite device. You should get one.

josey: It does seem rather sluggish, i tried to be a little slower and more deliberate and it worked better but still it would be nice if they updated the app and it smoothed out. Maybe if i upgraded to iMapmyrun + it would work better, costs 2.99 so not horrible cost ( one of the things i really like is apps seem so inexpensive ), i might try it if i get curious.

peanutt: Steady and consistent is how we make progress peanutt, can you tell what day i started to use the app ? LOL, anyways yeah i have a bad day now and again but i don't let it get to me, seems it takes a string of success or failure to make for large swings so if one can stay somewhat engaged you are going to at least maintain or stay darn close to it without much effort.

FitGirlyGirl: I'm sorry you just had shingles, i too had them, years ago now but i remember they were unpleasant for sure, glad you are feeling better.

chickadee32: Is it just me or does your weight just keep dropping ? I know it can get gruelling don't lose sight of your goals, even though losses slow as you get closer, it can seem like nothing is happening but changes are still taking place just harder to recognize, stay strong. Weren't you going to post pictures ? Or am i remembering wrong ?

envelope: Brrrr, so sorry to hear of your early snow, hopefully it doesn't last, unless you like that sort of thing, supposed to rain here today but temps are hanging tough around 10C which is nice, would like to make it to december befroe any snow, just seems to make it so much colder.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:58 AM   #43  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute View Post
josey: It does seem rather sluggish, i tried to be a little slower and more deliberate and it worked better but still it would be nice if they updated the app and it smoothed out. Maybe if i upgraded to iMapmyrun + it would work better, costs 2.99 so not horrible cost ( one of the things i really like is apps seem so inexpensive ), i might try it if i get curious.
Reso, first of all get well soon!!! Don't pay for the + version yet! I have the + version (they had it on for free a while ago) and is the same sluggish thing. I would wait until the non+ works better and then upgrade. Also, I find that lots and lots of workout apps get really cheaper or even go free over Christmas and January. I think it is kind of a season for those apps and they usual have deals then. I can definitely post here when something interesting comes up for free!
Old 10-29-2011, 01:30 PM   #44  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Hope you feel better soon Reso!

I'm excited about stepping on the scale tomorrow. It has been a very good week, even with my little cheats on Wednesday, and I've been rocking the no-cheat challenge since then. I don't think I'm going to use fitocracy anymore though. I don't think it's very accurate for me right now. I get a few points for what is a HUGE challenge to me and I'd rather focus on the positives- like the fact that I'm actually out there doing it! I haven't run again since the last time, but I am going to tonight. I have, however, been walking. I guess you really need to take it easy when transitioning to these shoes, and I have felt the repercussions of that run all week long! I've been walking every single day though, with my 23-pound chubby baby on my back. There is a fitness trainer on base who is going to start a 2 day/week program with an hour for the gym, an hour for walkers, and an hour for runners, as well as a one day/weekend long run for people (like me!) training for distance races! I'm VERY excited, she is offering to do this for FREE for military spouses on base. It's incredible, really!

21 weeks till the half marathon! One more week of breaking in my shoes, and then I start the 20-week program! I might buy some sneakers so I can supplement my running- breaking in these shoes, with them as my only option, has meant extremely low mileage, and lots of walking.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #45  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Ok, guys, I am going to start working on the spreadsheet now.

Please do not edit the old spreadsheet any longer. Any changes will be lost!

I will let you know as soon as the new spreadsheet is available.
Closed Thread