3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Sarge's No Excuses / Boot Camp To Beach Weather #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/231648-sarges-no-excuses-boot-camp-beach-weather-4-a.html)

JayTee 04-24-2011 10:25 PM

Keep those losses rollling in... the platoon is up to 71% of goal for the week!

chickadee32 04-24-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickadee32 (Post 3821740)
I'm running down the list in my head of the reasons for a water gain... it's not muscles retaining water, not lack of sleep (I've slept very well this weekend), might be sodium but I actually tracked that yesterday and it was low... so it's either voodoo or hormonal, and I'm guessing the latter.

Ha!! I called it. Hormonal indeed; TOM started tonight. Because, you know, I only had it for 3 full weeks last cycle, and it only ended last weekend, so why wouldn't it start again this weekend? :mad: :mad: :mad: Sorry, way TMI I know, but really?? This is beyond frustrating, especially because I'm trying to conceive!!

*deep breath*

The good news is: my f'ed up cycle hasn't kept me from exercising or eating well. :) I drove to the gym today only to find it closed (somehow, I totally didn't make the connection between Easter and things possibly being closed), and so I came home and went out for a 2.3 mile walk instead. Calories are on plan, as usual.

Sarge: I forgot to mention it earlier, but thank you for the backstory on this thread. That seems completely bizarre. :?: I'm sorry that happened, but I'm glad you started this thread... its success certainly says something, doesn't it? :D

linalin 04-24-2011 11:05 PM

(I can't remember if I posted this, but will post again because I think it's nifty!)

Last week, my trainer told me that jumping rope for 10 minutes is the equivalent to 20 minutes of RUNNING! :)

Wanted to share for anyone else who may be intimidated by running, like I am... but would love to have the benefits of running! Jumping rope is a lot of run and brings me back to my school days! :)

(As for running... more and more each day I'm noticing that I have a random urge to jog. I think the running bug will be biting me very soon!)

chickadee32 04-24-2011 11:11 PM

DREAMER: Nice loss this week!! And your photos look great - I can definitely see the difference the 40 lbs has made!

penguin: Mine isn't nearly as long as yours was (maybe middle of my back?), but I'm thinking about getting it lopped off. A few years ago it was shorter, between chin and shoulder length, and I liked it a lot that way. Less fuss. And sorry about the migraines :( Hopefully you and your husband can get a hike in next weekend - that sounds really enjoyable.

jojo: The good news is, the peeps and choco/marshmallow egg will seem a lot less appealing next time!

amylou: Sounds like a good day, with some nice GF treats! Glad you were able to stay on track through the holiday meal; I know those can be tough. And it definitely sounds to me like your body is just retaining water due to all the activity yesterday. That seems to be my answer for everything, but I swear I think some people's bodies just work that way!

Kendra: Sorry about the injury!! Good for you though for not using it as an excuse to scale back. As others suggested, planks are good, plus you can do squats, lunges, calf raises, and balance exercises, all at home. :)

Resolute: 100K in a week is more than enough to deserve a day of rest, and a day off would do your body good. You already know that though. :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

Koshinogi 04-25-2011 02:38 AM

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy347/kielce/066.jpg

i guess a gammon is a ham ;)

so i forgot to pledge yesterday, so -2 for this week. yesterday was great good weather took my dog to the beach omg it was heaving. ive not seen so many people there.

I did some of TBL workout yesterday, my stupid dog started biting my feet so i had to stop.

Got some shallots and potatoes to plant today, and i'm restoring an old beetle with my hubby, so hard labour for moi, :( guess it all adds up tho..right :)

enjoy your mondays, what ever you do SALUTE

SMSDREAMER2007 04-25-2011 03:43 AM

The insomniac reporting in! Couldnt sleep so i decided to jump on here yet again! :p

Chikadee THANKS!

Koshi....I would say that looks great! (which it does) but im so stuffed still from the meal I ate umm...8-9 hrs ago now LOLOLOL .

Hopefully yal are having a better time sleeping than I am ! :D Hopeing to get back to running or something in the exercise arena next week this week is gonna be my chillax/De-stress, make sure im still on the eating plan week. Lat week was so yoyo I felt like crying when I saw the 3 lb loss, my eyes had bulged out and I was dumbstruck, I ha to step on the scale 6 times yes, SIX times to make sure that number was right and sure enough...it was. This is defo gonna be my mellow week ;) so, how was ya'lls sleep ? LOL

dcapulet 04-25-2011 06:08 AM

morning platoon-

chickadee - I'm doing better, thanks :)

madam - chocolate bunny ears... droool - too much instead of eating them this year, I'm going to burn them off

Today's goal - 90 min exercise

Cheshirecat 04-25-2011 07:26 AM

Happy Morning All.

Last week in April. Wow!

I got an hour bike ride in yesterday! It was great, lots of people out on the trails.

Start the week off right Platoon! I'm about to go fix lunch for today and grab a clementine to munch on.

JayTee 04-25-2011 07:49 AM

UP & AT 'EM PLATOON!

Sarge thought he'd wake up to find more privates reporting losses this morning, but sadly that is not the case. Are we happy with having met ONLY 71% of our goals?!?!?! HMMMMMMMM?!?!?!

As promised, I am officially waging all out war on the last 10 I want to lose and it starts right now.

Here are the pledges for this week:

Pledges week 4/24 - 5/1

Sarge = 2
Pokey = 1
VickieL= 3
DCap = 2
MadamB = .5
Resolute = 4
Peanutt =
Pokey =
Cheshire = 2
Chickadee = 2
Dreamer = 2
Sizzlin = 2
bnhtla = 2
linalin = 1
Deanna = 3
Kneed = 2
Koski = 2

Yoyo = Maintain & and another 1/2" off waist

Newbie Prvts.
Mochi =
Penguin = 1
Kendrab = 2.5 (AND LOST 3.8 SINCE LAST SUNDAY!!!!)
Tschaff = 2 and start C25K program!
Phillygirl = .5 AND 5 DAYS OF EXERCISE GUARANTEED

NOW GET OUT THERE AND MELT THAT BUTT-ER!

:drill:
Sarge

K3LL3Y 04-25-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayTee (Post 3822450)
UP & AT 'EM PLATOON!

Sarge thought he'd wake up to find more privates reporting losses this morning, but sadly that is not the case. Are we happy with having met ONLY 71% of our goals?!?!?! HMMMMMMMM?!?!?!

As promised, I am officially waging all out war on the last 10 I want to lose and it starts right now.

Here are the pledges for this week:

Sarge

Hi Everyone,
I am another newbie found by the Sarge. I've started a 100 day pledge with a small group and thought I would try and sign up with you ladies as well. I am seriously committed to meeting my goals this year and have been doing well so far but could always use an extra kick in the butt.
I am sorry to be late in checking in. I see the schedule is for Sundays so I promise not to be late again!
I had a good week last week and lost a total of 2 lbs.:carrot: My weekly goal is usually to get 1.5 so I'll stick with that again this week. I will stick with my calorie deficit 750 calories.
Hope everyone had a great weekend and I look forward to getting to know you all.
:hug:

Resolute 04-25-2011 09:42 AM

Good morning. :)

Four days sure does go by fast, everything is in order now, weather has been really nice all weekend, with another bright sunny day right now, i'm planning on cutting back a little on calories today because i want to ease up a bit on the exercise, i'm really beginning to think i am pushing to hard causing extra stress and actually working against weight loss.

Probably do a moderate walk this morning and a more relaxed bike ride later in the day, will be eating as clean as possible, lots of vegetables today, some fruit and a little bit of meat done on the BBQ.

Need to work on getting a little more sleep as well, i do believe it helps.

Have a good day ladies, lets all make smart choices.

MadamButterfly 04-25-2011 09:44 AM

GOOD MORNING PLATOON,
IT'S A NEW WEEK, WITH NEW PRIVATES,
LET'S SHOW 'EM HOW IT'S DONE!!!
TIME TO MELT SOME BIBLICAL BUTT-ER!!!

The scale is still in the trunk of my car and I think I've finally pooped the last of the jelly beans . . .
yea I know WAAAAAY TMI . . . :lol3:

K3: :welcome3: PLAN TO MELT SOME BUTT-ER HERE!!!

Week 2, Day 2 of C25K done . . . OMG I think it's gonna kill me, but feels soooooooo good!!! . . . knee is good, just took ibuprophen and I'll ice after breakfast . . . ran today without sweatpants and only one bunny hug . . . Temps will be in the 60s, so this afternoon a bike ride, (hopefully no wind) with bike shorts & long sleeve shirt only . . . NO BUNNY HUGS, SWEAT PANTS, RAIN OR SNOW . . . WOOHOO!!

OK TROOPS, HANG IN THERE . . . .
WE'VE GOT TO DO BETTER THAN 71% . . .
I KNOW I NEED TO START PULLING MY WEIGHT (no pun intended)

EVERYONE HAVE A BUTT-ER MELTING DAY, JUST GET UP AND DO
IT!!!

lucyford 04-25-2011 11:07 AM

Hi guys...
Sorry I was somewhat MIA last week. Had a busy spring break and haven't been on the computer until now. That said...I didn't meet my goal of 3 lbs....spring break and easter got the best of me. My gym was closed so no exercise. And, I'd be lying if I said I ate on plan. That said though, I somehow maintained. ?? Anyway. I'd like to pledge 3 lbs this week and this time I'm going to do it!!! I'm heading to the gym in a little bit and took all the left over easter "goodies" and have put them outside for the homeless to find.

MadamButterfly 04-25-2011 12:07 PM

Ok, I'm back, 2+ mile walk done

Also I meant to address someone, (can't remember who) but it was the person that was looking for exercises without using both hands . . . (I think you cut your hand or stabbed it . . . :sorry: I can't remember)

1. walking
2. jogging
3. crunches
4. more crunches (bicycle)
5. a back pack with the amount of weight you've lost so far . . . then walk!!!
6. do you have stairs in your house???? see how many times you can run up & down in 1 min, 5 min (no stairs in your house, is there a park or a city building with stairs ????)
7. boxing/kickboxing video
8. plank hold (get on the ground, like a push up position, but instead of on your hands, you're on your forearms and see if you can hold it for 5 min . . . not as easy as it sounds)
9. swimming (but I'm not sure if you have access to a pool)
10. Zumba, class or video
11. "WALK THE PLANK" . . . (SARGE, do you still have the website for this, I can't seem to find it) . . . this one WILL give you a full workout in a VERY SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME . . . time yourself and let us know :D

Kendrab1223 04-25-2011 12:59 PM

You know what sucks... 50% off Easter candy! I did cave and bought a bag of dark chocolate mini eggs. I don't know why I bought them, but dark chocolate has always been my weakness. I will not go overboard, but I am going to allow myself two of those little eggs a day. I had hubby hide the bag for me when I came home with them. I made it through the candy at my son's school Easter party, all of those plastic eggs he got filled with candy and chocolate, all through yesterday with him getting a sugar rush and did so well. Those dark dark chocolate eggs though.. I couldn't say no! boo!

With my recent hand injury- I'm trying something out (btw- thanks madam for all of the one hand exercise tips!!!). I am seeing what I am able to lose for a month without going to the gym. It's not close and I spend a lot in gas every week to get there. If I can still continue to lose, I will cancel my membership!

I bought the JM 30 day shred today (anyone know if I really need both hands for this?) and plan to stick with it in addition to my c25k. I also bought a hula hoop!!!!! I don't know if the hula hoop will do me any good, but it's fun to do and my son was having a blast playing outside with his while I used mine. Oooh, the little things :)

I hope everyone is having a great day and sticking to their plans! My new classes start today and one of them is a math class- I am horrible with math. Hopefully this stress doesn't mess me all up!