3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Sarge's No Excuses / Boot Camp To Beach Weather #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/231648-sarges-no-excuses-boot-camp-beach-weather-4-a.html)

JayTee 04-25-2011 01:02 PM

The website MadamB refers to is: http://www.youregoingtosweat.com/the_challenge.html

They have a couple of new interesting titled exercise sessions in addition to Walk the Plank, such as Ball Buster, Armageddon, & Krabby Patty (which is how Sarge feels today)...so Sarge is returning to the gym after aerobic housecleaning to get rid of his gammon ham butt, carrot-cake flabby arms, and polish sausage jigglin belly.

later

p.s. Kendrab -- REALLY?!?!?! dark choc 1/2 price eggs?!?!!? ARGHHHHHHHHH!

K3LL3Y 04-25-2011 01:05 PM

The trouble with holidays....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendrab1223 (Post 3822885)
You know what sucks... 50% off Easter candy!......

I hope everyone is having a great day and sticking to their plans! My new classes start today and one of them is a math class- I am horrible with math. Hopefully this stress doesn't mess me all up!

Easter candy is evil and very difficult to deal with. I specifically asked my mother not to give me any chocolate this year when I came to visit for the holiday but of course, once again she didn't listen. She knows that I'm trying to be healthy but telling a Godiva representative not to give out chocolate is pretty much asking the impossible.
I've brought it all into the office to give away to co-workers. I of course can not tell my mother this but at least this way someone is enjoy the expensive chocolate even if it isn't me.
Everyone, stay strong and stay on plan!

patchworkpenguin 04-25-2011 01:20 PM

We get to take April <--- to the vet today. A few weeks back she had ACL surgery on her right leg {previously had the left leg done} so she's been restricted to her crate and walking slowly, poor thing doesn't understand we are doing this for her own good. :dizzy: The vet is across the street from the off leash dog park so she's going to think she's going to the park, until we pull into the vets. sigh.

Groc shopping and other fun stuff like that for today. I'm hoping to get Hubby to do weights with me later. Its supposed to rain the rest of the week.

Chickadee, I keep thinking I want to grow my hair back out but then it gets longer, starts hanging in my eyes and driving me nuts! Also summer may not be the right time to think about growing it out.

Kelly, welcome, glad to have you join us. This is my first week with Sarge also.

tschaff04 04-25-2011 01:26 PM

*Sigh* I can relate to the family that insists on cramming temptation in your face. We had my in-laws over for Easter, Saturday and my mother in law insisted on offering me all the fatty, carby, sweet, delicious goodness, foods they brought to the party. The more bizarre thing, I found, is when I denied them all even after she insisted a little wasn't that bad, she seemed to get annoyed/irritated with me. :rolleyes:

Like really?? I am trying to make a healthier lifestyle for myself and you get bothered by the fact that I won't eat anything you bring?? I guess she has never heard of trigger foods. A little bit leads to a lot of bits and that leads to 10 more pounds of fat and a lot of guilt.

I guess I am not surprised she doesn't understand. The whole family(including my husband) is normal weight and can pretty much eat what they please. Grrrr.. :dizzy:

Oh, and I can also relate to the evil Easter candy. My two kids got tons from family that is now sitting on top of my fridge taunting me. But I have not caved yet, and don't intend to. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by K3LL3Y (Post 3822903)
Easter candy is evil and very difficult to deal with. I specifically asked my mother not to give me any chocolate this year when I came to visit for the holiday but of course, once again she didn't listen. She knows that I'm trying to be healthy but telling a Godiva representative not to give out chocolate is pretty much asking the impossible.
I've brought it all into the office to give away to co-workers. I of course can not tell my mother this but at least this way someone is enjoy the expensive chocolate even if it isn't me.
Everyone, stay strong and stay on plan!

MadamButterfly 04-25-2011 01:43 PM

OK, getting ready for my bike ride, it's BEAUTIFUL outside with just a light breeze :woohoo:

Kendra: I have 30 day shred, I love it when I'm in a time crunch . . . you work hard but you start and are done with the cool down in under 25 min!! She does use weights, but you could do it without weights, or if you have 1-2lb ankle weights you could wrap them around your wrists (I did this with my BL Last Chance Workout, that is how I started) or do they make wrist weights ??? Oh and as far as the dark chocolate, I allow myself 5 dark hershey kisses a day . . . I think I've eaten all 5 two, maybe three times in 6 months . . . Just knowing I can have them keeps my mind happy ;)

Penguin: I've had that done (ACL surgery, YUP 3 times in three years, UGH) soon she'll be running and forget about having had to go to the vet (poor puppy)

K3: Great job taking the chocolate to work, I'm SURE your co-workers LOVED IT!!

tschaff: I know how frustrating that can be, but understand I don't think your in-laws are trying to sabbotage you, but want you to enjoy the fruits of their labor . . . somewhere, sometime, someone said what they did was to accept a small portion of whatever people were offering only later to dump in the bottom of the trash can, of course that wouldn't work at a sit down dinner . . . take the things that are the lesser of evils for you, then hang onto it for a few minutes, set it down to do something, get something to drink . . . I guess the environment would have to be right also (e.g. you could actually slip away and dump the goodies) Just a thought . . .

OK OFF TO RIDE THE BIKE!!! :D

SARGE THANKS FOR THE LINK TO "WALK THE PLANK"

JayTee 04-25-2011 02:17 PM

There will be a raid on all pup tents tonight. Anyone caught with frackin' easter candy will face court-martial!

BTW, WELCOME K3! DO NOT DISAPPOINT CRABBY SARGE THIS WEEK!

LucyF -- Ok, I'll put you down, but were those EXCUSES I was reading about break and off plan eating and ...my gym closed so no exercise. Sarge is NOT buying that malarky! Again, do NOT disappoint Sargent Crabby Pants!

updating Pledges week 4/24 - 5/1

Sarge = 2
Pokey = 1
VickieL= 3
DCap = 2
MadamB = .5
Resolute = 4
Peanutt =
Cheshire = 2
Chickadee = 2
Dreamer = 2
Sizzlin = 2
bnhtla = 2
linalin = 1
Deanna = 3
Kneed = 2
Koshi = 2
lucyf= 3

Yoyo = Maintain & and another 1/2" off waist

Newbie Prvts.
Penguin = 1
Kendrab = 2.5 (AND LOST 3.8 SINCE LAST SUNDAY!!!!)
Tschaff = 2 and start C25K program!
Phillygirl = .5 AND 5 DAYS OF EXERCISE GUARANTEED
K3K = 1.5
fatarnp =1.5

phillygirl2011 04-25-2011 02:22 PM

LOL...these stories remind me of the first episode of mike and molly. Molly is overweight and trying to lose weight. Her mom walks in the room with a big ole piece of cake and offers Molly some while she's on the elliptical doing her workout. I love that show!

BTW, I am glad that I do not have access to Easter candy.

Kendra-Jillian's workout of choice are intervals. You can do it without weight because she often does combo moves like lunges with curls.

Kendrab1223 04-25-2011 03:07 PM

Madam- thanks for the suggestion of using wrist weights instead! I have 3 lb ones so I used the wrist weight with my bad hand and a regular one with my good hand. The only thing that was tough (due to injury- the whole workout in general kicked my butt and left me really pissed off) was the push ups... I did figure out a way to do them "enough" to count.

My hubby watched all the moves to make sure I was doing them right and when he corrected my posture on them, I felt the burn so much more.

I'm proud of myself for getting through day one. I wanted to quit but with my baby girl sitting on daddys lap watching and my son "playing" along with me- I kept going.

Workout 2 of the c25k tonight and then a good nights sleep!

amylou 04-25-2011 04:24 PM

I didn't even BUY easter candy this year! :D I went today and bought snap peas, broccoli, kale, tomatoes, apples, canteloupe, quinoa and a rotisserie chicken. ;) Ha!

I helped my grandparents out this morning - push mowed their front yard and spent an hour slinging boxes/hauling things to their attic. I was BEET red when it was over - it was a very effective exercise idea, lol!

I weigh in on Tuesdays Sarge, sorry - I hope to have a loss reported in the morning!

lucyford 04-25-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayTee (Post 3823016)

LucyF -- Ok, I'll put you down, but were those EXCUSES I was reading about break and off plan eating and ...my gym closed so no exercise. Sarge is NOT buying that malarky! Again, do NOT disappoint Sargent Crabby Pants!

Aggh! I didn't even realize I was doing it!! My bad!! I will not disappoint!!

lilmomma2011 04-25-2011 04:49 PM

Sarge,

Sorry this is late, please put me down for 1.5 pounds!
What is but-ter

pokeycactus 04-25-2011 04:54 PM

Hello, lovelies!

I had a really nice Easter - I'm in charge of Youth Group at church and it's tradition that the group serves Easter breakfast. We (me and 24 teens!) served 411 people yesterday. I'm sure calories were burned as I ran around like crazy - and in heels, yet! :lol:

So great to see so many new people!!! I love hearing all those early victories! :)

I'm off to another meeting, then will be hitting the gym on the way home to C25k plus swimming laps!

JayTee 04-25-2011 05:25 PM

fatarnp--added your pledge above... "Butt-er" is our silliness for moving/melting our large "butt" - er by any means possible. Check MadamB signature. 4 sticks of butter = 1 lb and the silliness just went on from there.

Hope you're all in sugar withdrawal from Easter goodies! Is that bad?

Sarge done for day. Launched missile attacks to the tune of 1,231 machine cals burned over 3 workouts and cleaned the whole frackin' house. Clean eating and tons of water. Now it's time to open the mess hall and then start over again tomorrow. I will be victorious over these final 10 pounds!

:drill:

SMSDREAMER2007 04-25-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatarnp (Post 3823257)
Sarge,

Sorry this is late, please put me down for 1.5 pounds!
What is but-ter

Butt-er is your butt, or fat same difference. Butter is basically fat so we use butt-er as an analogy for burning fat or weight. I think for every 1 lb you lose youve lost the equivalent of 4 sticks of butter. Youd have to look at madamB's signature to know for sure

MadamButterfly 04-25-2011 05:28 PM

ALRIGHT, SARGE IS BAAAAACK!!

Kendra: WTG on JM's 30 day shred and glad you found a way to modify those push-ups . . . NO EXCUSES, YOU JUST MADE IT HAPPEN!!!

Fatarnp: BUTT-er, I guess is my thing, it originally started with a friend of mine, sometimes when she only lost 1/2 or 1 pound, she would tell me she lost 2 or 4 sticks-o-butter (1 lb = 4 sticks) and butter is just fat, which is what we all want to lose . . . and things have grown and developed into sayings like get your BUTT-er in gear, MELT YOUR BUTT-er (re: get your A@@ up and move it, so you can burn some fat off your FAT BUTT-er) LOLOLOL . . . I think it's funny, but I have a fairly twisted mind :D Yea, I'm wordy . . . :) that's ME!! You've lost 22 lbs, thats 88 sticks of butter, think about it, THAT'S A LOT-O-BUTT-ER!!!

OK, ladies & gent SARGE is BACK and on a ROLL so watch your BUTT-er because I thought I heard that helicopter warmin' up!!!

SARGE shared with us some time ago that only 12% of people succeed at weight loss and after thinking for a bit . . . I think a majority is because they make excuses not to do the work . . . I have a splinter, I cut my hand, my knee hurts (there are times when you can't do the work, pneumonia, stuck at the hospital with sick kids) life happens . . . it's so easy to make excuses . . . but this thread is about those who are willing to overcome ALL those obstacles that life throws our way, sometimes on a daily basis . . . that doesn't mean we're perfect (I know I'm a LOOOOONG way from that) we are all going to slip and fall off the wagon and eat 1/2 a bag of jelly beans :o TRUST ME, SARGE WILL KICK YOUR BUTT-ER UNTIL YOU'RE BACK ON TRACK . . .

SO LET'S KICK SOME BUTT-ER THIS WEEK AND MAKE SARGE PROUD!!!!

NO EXCUSES, JUST DO IT!!!