April Exercise Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • It's spring! An excellent time to sprout new exercise goals. On this thread, we set exercise goals for the month and track them together. See our sister thread, April Weight Loss Challenge for tracking the non-exercise goals that lead to weight loss.

I'll post a list of our goals as we set them at the beginning of the month. When you meet a goal, it gets turned red in our list.

Want some ideas for goals to set? Take a look at what we did in the March Exercise Challenge!
  • My goal for April is 1500 minutes of exercise.
  • Today is my first day of my life style change
    my goal this month will be at 1000 minutes but i will try for 1500
  • I did well with my March goal, so my goal for April is another 2000 minutes.
  • I'm back after a couple of weeks rest following my accident. Three cracked ribs which will take six weeks to heal but I've been gradually re adding activities. Cardio is ok but resistance is a problem. Anyway, I'm gona try for 1200 this month and see how I get on!
  • 1300 again this month - and a vow to actually track it here this time!!
  • I added up my exercise minutes from last month, and I was at 1000. So, my goal for April will be 1200 minutes. I also really am going to get new shoes and the arm strap for my iphone this month, I swear!
  • I lost track of my exercise last month, so my first goal this month is to track it! I'm also going to set a time related goal of 1000 mins this month, see how easy/hard that is to achieve and then I can make my May goal more challenging/realistic. A lot going on this month, so I don't want to set a challenge too high.

1) Log exercise for the whole month on here
    2) 1000 minutes
  • My goals are simple:
    1. Do C25K with my son (he wants to start running with me, so I agreed to train him) 3 days/wk
    2. Add some kind of strength activity 1 day/wk
  • April 1 - 55 minutes on the treadmill

Total: 55/1200 minutes

I finally bought the arm band for my iphone! Edit: And I'm going to return it, lol. I don't like the way it makes my arm fat look! And it will get in the way when I'm doing certain exercises (not sure why I didn't think of that before). I'll have to find a different solution.
  • April 1st and 2nd - 0 minutes. Not good enough, but at least I'm tracking it! Feeling poo with TOM and (hopefully not!) a cold brewing, HAVE to get onto it tomorrow.

0/1000
  • Welcome to the newbies, the returnees, and especially to CardboardCutoutCat, our walking wounded!

Here's our list so far. We have room for more! Let me know if there are any errors or I missed anything.
    Ms Perception: C25K with son, strength activity 1 day/wk
    takingcontrol: log exercise, 1000 minutes
    chicadee32: 1200 minutes
    dcapulet: 1300 minutes
    CardboardCutoutCat: 1200 minutes
    surrendertolis: 2000 minutes
    ImHereToChange: 1000 minutes
    gardenerjoy: 1500 minutes
  • takingcontrol: I got a big fat 0 for April 1, too. Oh well, we have a whole month to make up for it! Time to get moving.

The * means I did a different workout than the previous day
    4/1: 0*
  • April 1 - 55 minutes on the treadmill
    April 2 - 2.5 mile walk outside (45 minutes)

Total: 100/1200 minutes
  • I'm in also doing the weight loss challenge

Here's my routine I've set up for myself

Every Day:

50 regular crunches
    50 side cruches (50 each side)
    100 bicycle crunches (50 to each side)
    60 second plank
    100 push ups (the girlie ones I can't do the real ones just yet :S)

Monday - Friday

15-30 minutes on the elliptical 5 days a week
    1 hour of Zumba 1 day a week
    1 hour of a fitness class 1 day a week

Everyday

30 minutes of walking