Old 09-14-2010, 03:17 PM   #16  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Oh btw did I mention its Tommy's first day of preschool? We have orientation. I am barely holding it together.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #17  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcatron243 View Post
Oh btw did I mention its Tommy's first day of preschool? We have orientation. I am barely holding it together.
They grow up so fast. Enjoy every minute.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:51 PM   #18  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Heya WEEDIES

Jen – Here’s to the strong mommy! Tommy is going to thrive in preschool. It does go by quickly…. Enjoy every moment!

Mavie – hey chickie! I am yearning for a fix of my 21year old myself. He is only 1 hour away but has been dedicated to saving every dime to move out (currently lives with my mom & stepdad while in junior college). Here’s to filling mommy hearts with precious reconnect time! Looking forward to your weekend for ya!

Sea Wave and Spingirl9 - keep a it. Little slip ups and life sidetracks are what we are here for. To help each other regain focus! I’m taking your leads and plan on a better week than last with you!

Willsangel – the personals thing isn’t a requirement. WE are glad you are here simply to know you are working to take care of you!

MamaP and Rikki – I am a clean house stickler who is in the middle of a “paint” job that turned into a chaotic mini remodel. (Rikki, you are doing the tiling thing, right? I’m doing everything but that!) Good luck and YES pictures are a must! Are either of you familiar with flylady(.com). I learned a lot about managing and not obsessing. Baby steps! Hope your projects (basement and grouting) are a small celebration for ya by the end of the week!

Mtiggie, Popcorn, Emiloots, CapeBrinton, Jlea? – where you be chicks?

Welp, I am off to make a list of the remaining “project” needs. You know, a new sink, pendant light, flooring, baseboards, wall paper, paint, and ugh….. what happened to I’m just gonna “freshen” up a room?

Be good girls. Glad to see so many new faces!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Quick fly by!!

Kris, I am always so glad to see you!! Sounds like you are doing well!

Jeni Be strong for Tommy (extra workout time?)
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:24 AM   #20  
Calorie Counter

Yes, I will have 2 hours of alone time when he is at school so I will workout then. Tommy loved the class room and I did great until the teacher read the parents the "Kissing Hand" The teacher was shocked that not only did he know his birthday, address, and phone number, but he could also write his first name, and spell his last. (then he spelled sissy's name too )

Anyhow food was not good at all yesterday. but I did workout and get plenty of water.

W 64 oz
E 30 minutes
E 1400 cals
D behave myself. (I want to call in sick, but I cant)
Old 09-15-2010, 05:36 AM   #21  

Yesterday was an awesome workout day! Went to the Y before work, 5 minutes late for spinning class, so I didn't go in, but went to the cardio room and got my 45 minutes of cardio anyway, then went for a 4 mile run after work!!

W 100
E Elliptical tonight/30DS done this am!!
E OP
D Still praying for DH! Hoping whatever happens will be the right thing.

Last edited by mothermavis; 09-15-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:09 AM   #22  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Kris (MamaP) - Of course you're right, you're not tiling! It was meant for Rikki (brain synapsis misfire - sorry) Good luck with the basement project! I have one too, but doing it the Flylady way (babysteps) at this point.

Jeni - I try not to focus on the scale either (although it does count!). I'm focusing on my behaviour (cardio every day) rather than the outcome (losing 2 pounds this week) because I want this to be a forever change and that's what will work for me.

But now for the important question: How did Tommy like preschool???

Kris (Nixmom) - I've learned a lot about managing and not obsessing (and consistency) from Flylady too!

Mothermavis - WOW You did have an awsomely active day! Sending positive vibes over for hubby

W-64 oz
E - exercise (10 min cardio; 30 min weight training)
E - follow menu
D - Declutering! and 15-min zone
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #23  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

mothermavis~ Awesome job getting all that exercise in!!!

jcatron243
~ That's great that your son knows all that stuff already!!!

Nixmom~ Yikes! Sounds like you're completing re-doing a room!!! Good luck!!!

SeaWave
~ Great job incorporating strength training into your workout!!!

WillsAngel, spingirl9
~ How are you doing today?

shasha12
~

rdw1~ How is the tile job coming?

MamaP~ How are you doing so far this week?

I know, I've been MIA again, but for good reasons this time! I've been hiking, working out and doing some crazy cooking, which has left me with just enough time to get the 20-Somethings TBL stats up and then pass out to sleep. Glad to see everyone so active on here! I'm actually going to be gone all weekend, so I will disappear at the end of the week, but until then
New number on the scale this morning! Plus a new gym membership last night. Turns out when you get someone more knowledgeable, you save more money. The guy I talked to before wanted me to drop twice as much as I did last night, cuz it turns out if you carry the insurance I do, you get 50% off the sign up fee! Plannin on gettin some lifting in after school tonight, enjoying my WW pot roast that is simmering right now in a crock pot at home, and then hitting up some cardio after dinner!
Soooooo... HAPPY HUMP DAY!!! That much closer to Friday!!!

W~ 100oz H20
E~ 30-40 Min. Lift, 45-60 Min. Cardio
E~ Stay w/in WW points
D~ Get lunch and dinner planned and ready for tomorrow!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:10 PM   #24  

Height: 5'3"

Hey Ladies -

Just checking in quick - one more full day of vacation and then it's back to reality. Had a really nice time, but sad it went by so fast! Going to Cape Hatteras tomorrow and taking the ferry with the kids, I think Connor's going to really like it. I'll check in when we're home this weekend - hope everyone's doing well!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:18 PM   #25  
~~transforming Diva~

S/C/G: 368-heaviest 299/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!! OMG if any day was a test of patience and will, it was today!! My general manager screwed me - had a catering order for 180 tacos and chips and salsa for 180 kids - didn't replace a prep person who quit this weekend and left me and a cook until 9 am - had to use the dish wash and call in another prep just to get the catering done. we got it delivered and then come to find out the gm messed the order up and they needed another 180 tacos!! AARRGGHHH , then the fire department came in to do an inspection!!! Sooo ............ the "f' bomb was a frequent word in my vocabulary today because i am also pms'ing . Sorry for the rant!!

W- behind at 32oz so far - still drinking
E- below calories but on target with sod, carb, pro, etc even with 12oz michelob ultra after work
E- unloading a truck and cashiering and cooking my own orders for 3 hours
D-I did not turn to my usual carb binge to soothe my stress!!!

You guys are such an inspiration and I love reading your weeds!! HUGS!!
WillsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:50 PM   #26  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Wednesday already . . . or should I say "It's only Wednesday?"

So far so good this week. Picked up my dress for the ball today. When I was there two weeks ago the one in the store (the picture I posted a couple weeks ago) was too small and took two people to zip me into, so I had to order the next size up. It is quite a bit too big and I'm gonna have to have it altered. It was a lot too big through the chest. I tried on the smaller size again and it comes closer to fitting (only 2 weeks and about 3.5 lbs lost since I last tried), but not quite yet. Only took one person to zip it up this time. I'm gonna go back in a couple of weeks and try the smaller dress on again (if they still have it) and then decide whether or not I'm altering the larger size or exchanging it. They only have one dress in red in the smaller size so I said a little prayer that they don't sell it.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:26 AM   #27  
Calorie Counter

Good morning everyone. Sorry I didn't get to check in last night. Yesterday I over worked my arm/shoulder so the pain came back and it is so sore. I'm back on my anti-inflamatory's and muscle relaxers. I didn't workout yesterday because I was so sore, but I did spend about 20 minutes in the steam room.

I have a doctors appt on friday morning so I hope to find out what is going on with my PT.

W 64 oz
E hopefully 30 minutes, if not the steam room.
E 1500 cals
D keep busy at work so the day goes by fast.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:39 AM   #28  

Jeni, I hope it gets straightened out for you soon.

MamaP, good luck with the dress. I forgot, when is the ball? November? Myrtle Beach, right?

WA, Good job not letting the stress undo you!

Kim, Congrats on new number and the gym!

Seawave, Hope things are good for you too!

Emi, Enjoy what's left of vacation!

W 100
E Boot camp this am b4 work, running after
E On Plan
D Prayers for DH still
Old 09-16-2010, 05:45 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 117/113.5/110-112

Height: 5'4

Whoops, I missed checking in yesterday! Work has been insanely stressful. But thank you all for the kind words of encouragement after I got totally off-track this past weekend. That's why I love this challenge.

jcatron: nice job! You've been doing so well, and so consistently! Thanks for the advice in eating frequently and eating protein-rich snacks. I think the key for me is to ensure that I never get too hungry. I hope your arm/shoulder pain goes away -- that does not sound like fun.

MamaP: wow -- it sounds like you went down more than a dress size in just two weeks -- congrats! That must have felt really good.

I did well Tues and Wed. I'd like to get my exercise and my overall calorie deficit up just a little bit, but I am proud of myself for being consistent. I'd rather consistently drop 0.5 lb per week than be up and down and all over the place.

Tues: (achieved/goal)
W: 68/64
E: 352 burned / 500 burned (would really love to get this up just a little bit)
E: -323 / 400-600
D: two snacks / no more than two snacks (this is HUGE for me. I am determined to break my habit of grazing all afternoon long at work. Eating protein instead of sugar is really helping)

Wed: (achieved/goal)
W: 80/64
E: 472 burned / 500 burned
E: -389 / 400-600 (sooo close to being in range)
D: two snacks / no more than two snacks
spingirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:26 AM   #30  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Kim - How cool! I'll have to see if my insurance covers part of the cost of a gym membership. Never thought of that!

Emily - Bah humbug - end of vacation. Hoe your return to work isn't too much of a shock!

WillsAngel - Hopefully the rest of the week won't be such a trial, but kudos to you for resisting the call of the carbs!

Kris (MamaP) I'll cross my fingers for you on the smaller red dress - both that they don't sell it, and that it fits comfortably. Then you can dance the night away, lose more weight, so the dress is too big...

Jeni - Hang in there! Hopefully the doctor will have good news on Friday re: PT.

mothermavis - Boot camp and running?!? I can't wait to be that fit!

Spingirl - I agree, consistency is the key, along with a positive attitude. Slow and steady wins the race!

W-64 oz - don't seem to have a problem with this at all.
E - exercise (10 min cardio; 30 min weight training)***
E - follow menu - things are regularing here as well!
D - Declutering! and 15-min zone***

/Warning: whining ahead/ Seems I'm a bit too aggressive when I do the weights, and I had to skip yesterday. My underarms have been hurting, and the swelling has gone back up from the mastectomy. It's taking WAY TOO LONG to get back to normal (the operation was in mid-July!), but the doctors all kind of nod their heads and say it's normal. Also retain tons of water if I eat a little salt, so the edema gets worse. ARGH! /whining over/

All that being said, I'm determined to come out of this better than I went in, and the cardio and nutrition awareness are helping in that regard. Replaced the dead batteries in my pedometer last night too, so that will be motivating.
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote