May Wii Challenge!

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • Fun challenge for Wii users!

Set a goal for the month of May on how many minutes you want to spend on your Wii workouts!

Log your workouts each day (what workout & how long) and at the end of the month we'll see how we did!

I'll even send everyone who completes this a little surprise at the end of the month! How's that for motivation!?

Also, use this thread to discuss your Wii workouts, or whatever!

Join me??

• I'm Danielle. I have 20 pounds left to lose. I'm hoping to lose 10 of those pounds by June 12 when I have a wedding to go to. I want to buy a new sexy dress as a reward for the occasion!

My goal is 930 minutes.

I chose this because at 30 minutes a day, 31 days in the month, it's 930 minutes. Some days I have rest days, but I also know a lot of days I do more than 30 minutes, so I don't think this goal will be too hard to achieve.
  • Hi, I'm Wendi! This sounds fun. I'm newly back after disappearing for quite some time. I've been lurking for a couple weeks now, but this has pulled me out =)

I'm going to make my goal 600 minutes. That would be 30 min a day, 5 days a week, for 4 weeks. I'm hoping I'll actually have time to go to the gym too, so I may log some gym time on my wiifit too, if that's kosher ;-p

I also have a wedding to go to in June, June 14th. And it's on a cruise, so not only do I have the dress to freak out about, but there's also going to be beaches afterward >.< In my most optimistic dreams I could lose 15 Lb between now and then, but I'll be happy simply with being less than I am now.
  • That's fun we both have weddings the same week in June! We can do it!!!
    Jealous about the cruise!
  • OOOh, I like this idea. I need motivation to get the Wii out and use it. I only have access to it three nights a week while at work but whole weeks go by and I never get it out once. And I always LOVE it when I do.

I have this weekend off work but I'm going to commit to 30 minutes a night Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights for the rest of May. And I'm going to do the yoga and the exercise ones at least 15 minutes and not just the fun balance things I love.

Thanks so much for starting this challenge!
  • Hi! I'm Marcia! Would love to join you. I don't really have a goal, but I use the Wii about 3 times a week. I'll be using Just Dance for my workouts. So far I've lost 12 lbs with it. Maybe this will motivate me to step it up a notch! Can't wait to see how much I lose over the month of May!
  • I've dded a ticker to my signature just for this challenge - that will help me stick with it! I hope this is such a success we do it every month!

oh, and I answer to both Vlad and jan.
  • Welcome!! So glad you all are joining!

Vlad, I do the same thing. I'll go weeks without getting it out, but I LOVE it when I do. I don't understand myself! :P I like your ticker too, I'm going to have to make one of those!
  • I use other games in addition to my wii fit plus but I like this idea. I also go to a yoga studio for classes so its not my only exercise but I like having it as an option. I'm going to commit to 30 minutes 3 times a week or 300 minutes. My piggy is close to turning bronze too, so that will be fun.
  • Welcome!

It's for logging any Wii game! Right now I have Wii Fit Plus, EA Active, & Gold's Cardio Boxing. I'd like to check out the dancing game though...hmm.
  • So, using my wiifit to weigh myself this morning, I got a perfect 50/50 balance! That has to be the first time I've ever done that =) for some reason I'm always on my left side just a tad more, 50.5/49.5 or something silly like that.

Since my 'real' scale broke I'm just using it to weigh myself, and check out my progress chart, but I'll start logging minutes on Saturday.
  • For right now I'll say 120 minutes for the month of May. That's 30 minutes one night a week I have fun with the Wii Dance and it's a great workout. But I've got other workout videos I bought so I better start using them! lol
  • Nice Wendi! I've never gotten a 50/50! And I've had Wii Fit since it first came out. I'm impressed! I think I've gotten a 49/51 though.

Glad you joined us Alicia! I'm going to have to try Wii Dance, I see a lot of people on here use it!
  • I'd like to join. My name is Allison. I need a reason to use my wii more often. We spend all this money on them and then they just sit there. I have Just Dance, Wii fit plus and Golds Gym Cardio Boxing. I'm gonna say 300 minutes.
  • Ok... decided it isn't much of a challange if I don't set an goal. I am going for 25 Mins (or 5 songs) 3 days a week. ^_^ I'm also going to start my suppliments on Saturday so I'm very excited!!!