Old 09-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #46  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls. No time to read at the moment. At work. Still alive, off tomorrow and hoping to get to catch up with ya! I have been good on cals, OK on water, and decent in exercise land. Still need to remember my squats and mmunches.

Talk to you all tonight or tomorrow! Be good!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 218/189/165

Height: 5'10"

I've been having a great week and was feeling like I was on a losing streak, then I went to Bunco last night and now I feel fat and bloated! Stayed away from the margaritas but I ate chocolate and this yummy artichoke and spinach dip that must've had 2000 grams of fat per serving but it was sooo good! Now I need to get to the gym and work it off!

How do the rest of you handle events with lots of good food? I hate feeling like I've sabotaged a weeks work in one night.
lisa43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:42 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 147/See Ticker/124

Height: 5'6''

Lisa 43 - I know how u feel, im going for dinner nxt week with friends and it will be difficult not to cheat as it might be an italian restaurant yikes!
Just have to forget it and keep at it

heres what ive eaten today:

B: Cereal
L: Egg sandwich with berry yogurt, 1 low calorie caramel choc bar
D: Salmon and pasta
Drinks: water, diet red bull and tea

going for a walk/jog later and cant wait!!!

Hope you're all doing well?

Dont think I'll weigh myself for a while cos scared will be disappointed if weight loss is slow and then i think whats the point and get unmotivated and binge. anyone else like this?

i just cant wait until i get just below 126lbs - 125lbs and id be estatic even though my goal is lower.
does anyone else have strange weight numbers that they would feel happy and would feel accepted at?
ja23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #49  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I totally thought I had posted last night. Woops!!! Well there isn't much to tell. I am just holding around 181ish. I seriously don't get this body sometimes. It just seems there are times when it doesn't matter what I do, it just won't give up any weight. Tonight is a long walk/jog night. Tomorrow is weigh-in Myabe I'll get lucky.

Hey. Whatcha think about my food for the day so far???

Oatmeal 240
rice cakes 90
Frozen meal 230
String cheese 60
pringles sticks 90

I will probably have shrimp and veggies for dinner, with a snack later.
I don't know!!! Your guess is as good as mine.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:36 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 218/189/165

Height: 5'10"

Stepped on the scale at the gym, how can you gain 2 pounds in 48 hours with just a few chocolates and and some artichoke dip?
lisa43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Snacky day today. TOM is here and I know I'm going to cave to the potatoe chips. TOM is the only time that I really enjoy chips. I know that tomorrow is going to be a gain for the week and I can handle it. 3 days of exercise in and feeling good despite TOM.

Happy Friday!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:26 PM   #52  
Calorie Counter

Lisa, Honestly unless you consumed 7000 more calories than you burned you wouldn't have gain real weight. My guess is that you are retaining water from the sodium, drink an extra 16-32 oz of water and you should see some relief. Two weeks ago on Friday I was at 142, Monday I was at 148. NOT HAPPY. As far as dealing with events with good food? Well they are a part of life. I am concious of what I eat, I make the best choices I can. I enjoy the event, but food doesn't have to be the event.

Ja, I don't like to feel like giving up but I have been there and done that. Over the past year I had my ups and downs, mostly when I have been dealing with depression for one reason or another. The scale not moving fast enough is a big issue, but I have been losing slowly for more than three years. Slow and steady wins the race (and keeps off the weight!)

Mindy, Maybe your sodium intake is too high for you. Frozen dinners are great for lunch, pre-planned and pre-made. But I think I remember having to cut out a bunch of my sodium intake because it was outrageously high and my weight loss had stalled.

Gypsy, You are not obligated to post personals! Just come here and let us know how you are doing!

Kris, Love having my fridays on Thursdays!!! Make sure you are getting in enough sleep too!!!!

Grazer, I hate TOM cravings. Of course mine start the week before and dont end until TOM is gone. I usually have to give in other wise the PMS is terrible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok heading off to swim lessons I was hoping to workout tonight, but not happening. Today was wonderfull both FOOD and WATER!!

Last edited by jcatron243; 09-17-2009 at 08:26 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:21 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 255/244.2/150

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy Friday

Well on the scale this morning and up not quite a lb. 246. from 245.4. I'm thinking it might be the exercise and muscle gain and that is possible ... but maybe the chocolate too .. . I will be even more diligent this week with my snacking. My weed for this week.

W - stay at 32 oz
E - no sweets and continue with portioned meals
E - 2 1 mile walks, 2 half mile walks, 3 strength - legs, arms, core
D - Just do it!

Greetings to all - sue

P.S. Wrote a long post last night and lost it when I tried to save it!

Last edited by waterlilli; 09-18-2009 at 09:24 AM.
waterlilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #54  
Calorie Counter

Morning Sue! Don't worry about the scale being up, just keep up the good work and it will come back off!

Well I had great plans to get up and go to my class ag 5 but NO, Tommy got me up just before 430 and I laid back down. WHY? I don't know. It may be because I was up for about 20 hours yesterday. I will be heading over to the gym at 830 and doing 45 of cardio then 20 of weights, then home for abs (mmunches) and squats.

Scale was finally back to 142 today. This weekend I will NOT overeat. The gym is open so I think that I will be ok. (for you new gals my gym was closed over laborday weekend and I didn't eat very well so my start weight for this challenge was UP).

I have to head to the grocery store, I am in a food rut. We are eating the same quick meals everyday. My kids get one thing and I get another, then DH gets another. I really need to get the family eating together again.

W 80 oz (maybe try for 100 today)
E gym time
E 1200 clean planned calories.
D Grocery shopping, housework
Old 09-18-2009, 12:00 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 245/219/160

Height: 5'9

good morning ladies. sounds like things are lookin up! Great jod gypsy! down to 190.5! whoop yesterday i weighted and it said 190 today i weighted and it said 194. i am happy with the change at all so weither it be 190 or 4 pounds more at least it is going down. well ive been doing well these last few days ive been getting my 64oz of water but i think it is time to up that and my exercise, im tying to get to the gym right now but i will wait a few more mins, but ya everything is going great over here.

w: 72oz
e: stay on my plan and snack smart
e: going for the legs today and cardio 20 mins
d: packing the house is and exercise all on its own....yaya!

Last edited by MrsVegan00; 09-18-2009 at 12:02 PM.
MrsVegan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #56  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

i'm back up to 176.4....booooo! well, i havent been exercising; i've been lazy and kind of depressed. but i know exersizing will help with both of those things. i just have to do it.

i'm going to go back on weight watchers. i already have the books and stuff. i just cant afford the meetings right now. but it worked for me before.

have a good day, ladies!

sw: 177
gw: 161

week 1: 174.6 good start
week 2: 176.4
week 3:
week 4:
week 5:
week 6:
week 7:
week 8:
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:16 PM   #57  
Calorie Counter

MrsV~I hope you have a good workout. Congrats on the loss!

Onestar, things will get better. Try little things throughout your day to ad a bit of exercise.

~~~~~~~

Gymtime is done. Got in a 5K. I haven't done one in a while so I increased my speeds to get the distance in. Strength training is going great!
Old 09-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Bad weigh in today- 173.6. Right back where I started and then some. Thankfully I can blame TOM & water retention. Gotta get the water in and the sodium out!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #59  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

As I was reading I realized I am actually close to a few of you with my weight. I was back down to 179.6 today. I've been here once before, now i need to get lower into those 170's. I need to get in a good workout tonight still.

We are going to a Renassaince Fair on Sunday. I love it. It is so much fun there. I think I'll wear one of my new tops that shows a little cleavage. I can be one of the wenches.There will be lots of walking. Should be fun.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #60  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

There must be some sort of mistake....I haven't posted since like TUESDAY!? That can't be right?! Just kidding, but wow, time can really get away from you. And ya know what? If I'm not posting here, I am proabably out eating badly and not exercising, because if I am doing those things, I am running back in here to brag about them. LOL

Yea, that first week of the challenge I went to the gym about four days, this week, I went MONDAY, and that was it! I think I'll get there today though.

Mike is taking the kids and they are going down to Columbus for our niece's birthday and spending the night. But it's out of the county and that's one of my probation rules that I can't leave the county (not to mention the curfew, which, is now 11pm up from 9pm it was a week ago so woohoo!). But I'm not complaining! It's gonna be ME time. We usually bowl on Saturday nights but tonight I am going to a baby shower with some old friends (more on that in a minute) then they are going out, but I'll probably go home and read. Or hit a meeting.

OK....so talk me through this. And for the new people, a little background. I got in some trouble back in April, kind of hit rock bottom and devastated my life. Literally the worst thing that's ever happened to me. Before that, I was Miss thing where I worked, everyone's best bud, the one who got everyone together to do fun things, ran the contests at work, planned all the showers and stuff like that. I was the social director, practically. I thought EVERYONE loooooved me right? So I go through all this really bad time, and who was there for me? NO ONE! Okay, that wasn't fair, I have two, maybe three people who showed their true friendship and still call me to this day. So I've been feeling so lonely, missing my old "friends", and feeling heartbroken that none of them were there for me.

Then I get an email from one of the real friends, saying another girl I worked with had her baby and they were getting together and having a thing for her this weekend (tonight!) and that EVERYONE was asking her to invite me, that EVERYONE just missssses me soooo much and would loooove to see me. (did that come across as sarcastic? That's what I was going for) And now I'm like, REALLY!? Where were all these people when I really needed them!? So I'm having these resentments about it. My first reaction was like, **** no, I'm not going. Then the girl that invited me was like, well I've been there this whole time, and I want you to come. Can't argue with that.

Plus I really did love these girls. I do miss them. Terribly. But I feel so hurt that I went through a really bad time without some of them. My sponsor says I need to turn this over to God and try to let it go, to pray for the resentment to be lifted. To go tonight, reconnect, and try to move on. That holding on to resentments can keep me sick.

So I have a baby gift and am prepared to go, but I feel all mixed up about the whole thing. Will it be uncomfortable (for me or for them)? Any advice?

I'm sorry I rambled on about myself for all that space. I'd love to do personals, I'm happy to see you're all still with us here. But Rach has a soccer game, and we're off to do that. I'll pop back in this afternoon. Love you all!!! xoooxoxx Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote