Old 07-06-2009, 07:37 AM   #1  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

Default The Mind, Body and Soul Challenge

Hello everyone Okay, I've never started a challenge before but I came up with this idea yesterday when I realised how I am constantly thinking about my body and losing weight and being healthy but I rarely give my mind and soul that same consideration.

So, here is my Mind, Body and Soul challenge.

This challenge is about not only looking after one's body but also looking after our minds and our souls. After all, man cannot live by bread alone

So, for each category (mind, body and soul) you must commit to one (or more) ways to give it the attention it so greatly deserves.

For example:
Mind - read a specific book, take up a specific hobby, do a crossword each day, play brain training each day, etc
Body - (needs no introduction) exercise each day, lose 5lb etc
Soul - read the bible, meditate, spent time with nature etc

I hope that makes sense. There is no time limit on this challenge (so pop in and join anytime) - it is completely up to you whether to devote a month or two weeks to this challenge and to the attention you give each category. And you are welcome to add new challenges for each category at any time.

Just tell me what you plan to do for each category and the time limit in which you hope to achieve them and then we can keep track of our achievements together

So here's my declaration:

Mind: Read Brideshead Revisited this month (what's the point of buying so many books if I never read them! lol) and practice my maths on Brain Training every day.

Body: Perform some type of exercise each day (no less than thirty minutes) and use the gym AT LEAST three times a week. Drink AT LEAST two pints of water a day.

Soul: Read a passage from the bible every day

Who's with me? I don't know that many of you here but i'm looking forward to meeting you

Last edited by BeautyandtheBeast; 07-06-2009 at 07:47 AM.
BeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #2  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

I am w/you. I think this is a great idea to help improve other area of your life also. I keep telling myself,I am going to read the bible everyday. But,never get around to it.
Mind:Not sure yetI do have some books I didn't read yet. But,I am not sure I want toright now. I'll get back to you ,on this.
Body:30 min of exercise at least 5 days a week.Stay w/in cal.level.Drink at least 50 oz water daily.
Soul:Read Bible for at least 10 min a day.

Last edited by Tracy; 07-12-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote