Old 06-12-2009, 01:10 PM   #31  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Nix that is a GREAT idea!

Suz I hope you get the part! The Wii fit really is what you make it. The games are fun and you move around alot. I haven't done it in a whie but the Yoga and strength training are my faves.

SO I made it to the gym!!! I didn't make it to my class though. I was awake, but ended up going back to sleep. I jogged on the treadmill at a random setting again. I like that setting! Tomorrow I think I may increase the speed to 4.5 mph though. I don't feel like I am going fast enough. OK so I used to stay at one incline setting but I can do 2.75 miles in 30 minutes so only doing 2 miles really plays with my head. But I know I am working different muscle groups this way so I have to ease myself into the incline running. I also used the random setting on the elliptical I did to 2.5 miles on that in 30 min with out using the rails to hold onto. Now I just have to get some strenght training and abs in and I will be happy!

W 100 oz
E 60 min cardio done, 20 min abs and strenght training to come
E1200 cals
D OH you know house work, clean the kids room, mow the lawn, chores. eww
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #32  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Jeni, be really super-careful when you start inclines and you're running - I know I'm just a nervous nellie about this , but it's really easy to get injured (shin splints and stress fractures) doing hills. I suspect it's how I re-injured myself. Just start slow!

I am supposed to go to a tapas place tonight with my girlfriends... ugh, I'm kind of dreading it because it's SO easy to overeat when you share a bunch of dishes with people like that. And none of them are dieting, either, so I'm going to have to really be super careful! I'm going to eat a banana now to help me feel full going in there so I don't stuff myself out of sheer hunger...
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:16 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Good weigh in today, down #2.2. I guess the work paid off for me this week. Not too excited though because I usually lose before TOM and then gain after TOM. I feel like I'm on the down 3 up 5 plan.

Nix- great envelope idea. What a way to keep committed.

JCat- I enjoy wii fit but I am over the moon about wii active. It comes with a resistance band that's a little crappy but I love the workouts. I thought I may continue running after I did C25K but I lost interest.

Rowdy- Congrats on the loss. Great idea to snack before going out to eat.

MTig- make sure you let us know about the 5K!

Happy Weekend!!!1
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #34  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Rowdy- A couple of things. What did you audition for??? And, I only did Wii fit once, but I found it way too easy. Now the Jillian game on Wii fit was much better and I've been hearing good things about that new EA game.

Jeni- Hav fun with your workouts. Great job on getting to the gym.

Grazer- Enjoy the loss while you've got it.

I am back down to my lowest, even saw a little lower. Now I've got to lose some more. Did an arm workout this morning and maybe a walk tonight. I don't want to work too hard before the big race tomorrow. I'll check in and let you know how it goes.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #35  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

WOOT WOOT Mtiggster! You go woman! And a 5k? tomorrow... holy moly girl. You rock! Stay on it. I'm coming after ya..... gonna follow ya and do an arm workout tonight. Haven't done one in months.

Grazie.... you rock too! that loss is great!!!! I hate the tom fluxuations!!! but at least there is a down slide when its gone! Stay with it!

Jen, Rowdy, HT, Jaya, !

Sorry for the intermittant short posts... my day keeps changing! I gotta go get ready to leave again. Fooey. Back later.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #36  
Calorie Counter

Suz, thanks for the worries. I was running 5.8 mph at a 1.0 incline (I actually got to my goal of a 10 minute mile before I got lazy in april)The random level I am doing takes it from 0-4.5 I barely realize I am at an incline so that is nice. But I am only at 4.0 mph my heart rate at the end of 30 minutes is only 150 (my old workout had my ticker t about 170)

Grazer~Wii active? I will have to look into it.

Mindy~Have a great time at the race

WEED is going GREAT!! didn't get a whole lot of house work done, but did do the lawn! getting ready for abs and strenght now!~
Old 06-13-2009, 12:51 PM   #37  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

RACE DAY!! Woke up to rain. YUCK!!! It stopped before the race started. NICE!! My friend and I were quite surprised when we crossed the line in 38:10. That ROCKS!!! I even got a bonus.... third place in my age division. That was FUN!!! We will certainly do it again.

Have a great weekend girls.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #38  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

HI! Happy weekending you all! xoxoxox

Busy week! I haven't been on my computer since Wednesday! Then I spend way too much time catching up. Facebook and whatnot. Glad to hear you're all doing so well! Lots of good motivation here! I've been pretty good this week! No exercise, but lots of eating on plan. I think I weighed somewhere around 264 this morning, better than the bloated 272 from last Monday. Must plan in some exercise this week, but it looks iffy. I start my new program Monday. It's four days week, four hrs a day and you can go either in the morning 10a-2p or evening 5:30-9:30p. Monday I have to meet with an attourney at 2 so I'll start IMPACT the evening session. Tuesday could go either way for me, day or evening. I'll look further than that later this week. Gotta make a plan, a schedule, for the inlaws to watch the kids and just to help keep my own sanity. So why not plan meals around a schedule too? And exercise?!

I LOVE the zipper steam bags, I too was so suprised that I actually LIKED the veggies I made in them. I am so not a veggie person. But these bags made me a convert. I haven't done the chicken or fish, make a whole meal in the bag thing yet, sounds like a cool idea.

And Mindy!!! Awesome job on the 5k! WOWZA! 3rd place too! So for the rest of us doing the c25k, I'm gonna join you week one day one, just as soon as I get goin on the gym thing. I downloaded a podcast so I know when to walk and when to jog. Just gotta get there.

I am totally digging doing the yardwork lately! I am so not a get-your-hands-dirty kind of girl. But I planted all my roses and azaleas yesterday, started mulching a little bit and am finishing up today. It's quite a workout on the legs and lower body. And it LOOKS so pretty. I'm thinking about doing a window sill type herb garden too. We'll see. My tomatoes and peppers are coming along pretty nice.

Hope you all have a fab weekend! Love to all. xoxox Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #39  
Calorie Counter

Mindy Congrats on the 5k 38 minutes is a great time!!!!!!!! 3rd place is great!

Michelle, I cant plant anything I have a black thumb, I kill everything I try to grow.

I got my DH to the gym today! He started going back at the beginning of May, but then had to use his lunch breaks to watch Makenna's swim lessons. So I got him back today and I am pushing at him to go on his lunch break now that swim lessons are over.

I pretty much did the same workout as yesterday but I increased my speed just a bit to 4.2 mph. I am glad I did. I also got to 2.75 miles on the elliptical. It was a great workout.

W 100 oz
E 60 cardio done (need to strenght train and abs)
E 1200 cals
D Don't overeat. It is so hard when I am out and about with DH and the kids and not overeat. We are planning a trip to the movies and then to costco.

Makenna is dying to go swimming so we may go tomorrow. I signed her up for swim lessons again. She did so good during her school swim lessons that We will do daily lessons this summer. Tommy is 3 1/2 so its time for him to start tooo. He is SO excited.

Last edited by jcatron243; 06-13-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:00 AM   #40  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

Sorry I've been MIA, I've just been spending all my internet time on putting in job apps. I hope you all are doing well. I lost .4 last weigh in, my eating has NOT been good. I've got to do better.

TTYL
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:17 AM   #41  

Hi All. Still PMSing like crazy. Yesterday was totallly off plan so I got to get back today. Fell alseep last night by 8pm and didn't get up until 8a.m. DH doesn't seem to get it when I tell him I'm not getting enough me time. He seems to be finding more to do away from home and leaving me with two toddlers a lot. Who wouldn't be exhausted? Anyway, that's my Man Rant for today.

MTIG- Happy Dance to you!! 5K in 38 mins- WOW!!!!

Nix- Glad to see you're getting back into the swing of things

JCAT- Yes, wii active- I love it!!!

Shout out to everyone I missed!!

MM, where are you?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:25 AM   #42  

Hi All. Still PMSing like crazy. Yesterday was totallly off plan so I got to get back today. Fell alseep last night by 8pm and didn't get up until 8a.m. DH doesn't seem to get it when I tell him I'm not getting enough me time. He seems to be finding more to do away from home and leaving me with two toddlers a lot. Who wouldn't be exhausted? Anyway, that's my Man Rant for today.

MTIG- Happy Dance to you!! 5K in 38 mins- WOW!!!!

Nix- Glad to see you're getting back into the swing of things

JCAT- Yes, wii active- I love it!!!

Shout out to everyone I missed!!

MM, where are you?
Old 06-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #43  
Calorie Counter

Good Morning.

Grazer, My DH doesn't get it much either. I'm not sue why men are like that. He doesn't understand why I had a hard time working out with the kids around. DUH!

Shari, good luck on finding a new job.

Today is another busy day first I am going to go for a run (outside since my gym isn't open until 1200 today. Then we are going swimming, doing some yardwork, shopping, having a bbq.

W 80 oz
E 60 minutes or so
E 1400 cals today
D Get in my run. Enjoy sunday.

Ok I am just editing this post. I ran for 30 minutes or so lost my count on laps. Thats probably the most I will get. (unless I convince DH to let me workout while he is swiming with the kids I doubt that will happen though.)

Last edited by jcatron243; 06-14-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:04 PM   #44  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Default As Week 9 comes to a close....

I find myself playing with the same 5 lbs...up down, up, up, down.....

Week 10 is going to be a new beginning though(it even starts with a 1). My kid is officially 20, yesterday, and I am still carrying baby weight. Something has got to give and if I dont get on it, its going to be the seams in the 1 pair of jeans I've been wearing for the last 6 months.

Hello to all you beautiful girls! I will see you tomorrow... Going to go finish the house (which is darn near immaculate) and then rest the rest of day... reflect, do a little reading and plan my week.

Have a great night ladies!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:53 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

nixmom...i feel your pain. I keep playing with the same two pounds. I'm 159, i'm 160...i'm 159...i'm 160. Over and over. But...I am really going to work hard now that vacation is over to eat healthier and cut back on what i eat and count my calories. Also, going to definately make it to one class a day, if not two.

Today's weed going good.
W- 64 ounces
E- 1.25 hours
E- 1500 calories
D- making each day count
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote