Sexy by Labor Day 2009 Challenge!

You're on Page 6 of 30
Go to
  • Hello all,

I'm happy to share my good news: I am down 2 1/2 pounds!!! Remember, last week I had no loss at all, but it was my TOM so that is to be expected. The scale said 214.5, and I was at 217 before. Wow!!! That's a total of 7 pounds lost in May - I am so pleased! 15 pounds to go to make my goal by labor day - it's feeling really accessible.

Thanks for all of your support - take me as an example, you can have weeks when you don't lose, or even gain, but if you stay OP eventually you will see results. It's not always linear.

My June goals: I'm going to try to boost my weightlifting to 3x/week instead of 2, and now that our gardens are starting to produce, I was to increase my consumption of greens and have more salads.

Keep up the great work everybody!
  • Well, I weighed in today thinking that the scale would be very mean to me. I have a little friend named TOM and the scale doesn't like him very much. lol. I actually am down 1lb. I am going to continue doing what I'm doing and hopefully I'll continue to lose.

kpme- I never want someone else to have ankle pain too. Sorry. I hope your ankle feels better soon. Also, I would consider that amount in two weeks a great loss. Just keep going and the scale will follow.

leantoinette, Blueridge, takingcharge- Congrats on the loss!
  • Well I stayed at the same weight this week, 167.6. Better luck next week.
  • Congrats to everyone for another good week!

Zoochick - keep up the good work, it'll catch up with you!

kpme - I'm a calorie counter and I aim for about 1350 calories/day. I don't really cycle like a lot of people here do, but if I have a 1500 cal day (like last Saturday, too much wine...), I'll try to eat a little less the other days so I can have a weekly avg of 1350. Do you use thedailyplate or fitday or anything like that? I absolutely love it and it helps keep me very accountable for everything I eat.

Here's to another week of staying OP!
  • I know I'm really really late, but I hope it's okay to join your challenge. I plan to be 239 by Labor Day, a 21 pound loss. The black is my plan, and the red will be "actual" weigh in. I have a class reunion at the end of July where I plan to be 249, so I have "penciled that in" as sort of a mid-challenge goal.

June 1:260 260
    June 8:259
    June 15:257
    June 22:255
    June 29:254
    July 6:253
    July 13:251
    July 20:250
    July 27:249 (class reunion July 31st goal)
    Aug 3:248
    Aug 10:246
    Aug 17:245
    Aug 24:243
    Aug 31:241

LABOR DAY Sept 7: 239
  • Welcome CJZee! There is still plenty of time till Labor day to drop those lbs. You are going to look great at that class reunion.
  • You go girl
    Blueridgegirl, Congrads on the 2 and1/2 lbs. Keep up the good work

I am struggling a bit. doing the south beach. It is 4 weeks and 4 days and the first 2 weeks I lost 9 lbs. I haven't lost anything in 2 weeks and 4 days. I am working out but I think I need to eat smaller portions.

I can't wait to get my ticker on here, Its driving me crazy
  • Blondie, I want to get my ticker up and running, too...

Maybe the numbers on the scale aren't going down, but have you noticed differences in how your clothes fit? Maybe you aren't losing poundage, but you can lose fat and gain muscle, and that's a good thing. And esp after losing 9 lbs in 2 weeks, it can take some time for your body to recalibrate - that happens to me sometimes, I lose several pounds at once and then nothing happens for 2 weeks, and then all of a sudden I lose 2-3 more.

Portions are super important too - since I've been trying to limit to 30 g of carbs, I have been amazed at just how little pasta or rice, or just how few crackers, is equivalent to 30 g of carbs! Looking at lists on restaurants, so many of their items have more than 100 g of carbs in just one item - yikes!

Keep up the good work, blondie, and results will come...
  • I am proud to report that I'm doing great this week. I'm almost excited for weigh in on Monday. Now thats a first.
  • Howdy, ladies! I know I'm on the late side to be joining in - hope you don't mind a straggler : ) My friend's getting married the week after labor day and I have a very fitted bridesmaid's dress I need to wear so your timing is perfect for me, even though I missed a few weeks. I'm 191 right now and would like to be 170 or below by her wedding. That probably doesn't seem aggressive enough to some of you motivated folks out there but losing too quickly in the past has led to regaining too quickly and I'd like to kiss this extra weight goodbye for the last and final time this go-round. I'm shooting for 2lbs a week with a little bit of a buffer so I don't get too frustrated. No diet plan as such - just lean protein, lots of veggies and fruit, whole grains and running 4x/wk for 30min. So glad you guys are here! And thanks in advance for letting me tag along.
  • Forgot to add my goal schedule. God, I hope I stick to it this time!!!

June 8:190
    June 15:188
    June 22:188
    June 29:186
    July 6:184
    July 13:182
    July 20:182
    July 27:180
    Aug 3:178
    Aug 10:176
    Aug 17:176
    Aug 24:174
    Aug 31:172

LABOR DAY Sept 7: 170

Other than the automatic reward of looking even better, do you guys have any plans for non-food rewards along the way? I'm planning on a spa pedicure the weekend of 6/13 if I stick to plan. I can picture those pink toes already : )
  • Welcome Dancer! We are glad to have you join us. You are going to look great at that wedding. What great motivation.
  • Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been checking in lately. I just started summer classes this week and I've already had quite a few assignments to do. TOM is here this week and he brought some super horrible cramps and for some reason chocolate always seems to help with these. So I have given into sweets the past few days, but so far it has not caused me to gain, but I have not lost either. Due to the cramps and school, I also have not exercised yet this week, but I plan on getting in 30 min on the new wii game, as well as some crunches and wall pushups (I can't do normal ones because of my wrist). From now until the end of July I will have school Monday-Friday and work on Saturday and Sunday. But I am going on vacation in a week and actually think it will help me lose. I am going to Busch Gardens in Tampa, FL and will be doing TONS of walking and activities. Usually I also eat less at theme parks due to heat and not wanting to get sick on rides. Also my hotel has a gym that I plan on using the day we get there and when I wake up on the day we're going home. So I'm definitely looking forward to June 13!
  • Gatorgirl - Thanks for the kind welcome!
    Zoochick - so sorry to hear you're in pain! Isn't that a bummer? I think you're right though about your vacation plans - walking around all day in major heat and humidity completely kills my appetite too.

Since you ladies got me all inspired today, I upped my usual run from 30 to 45 min. I'm nervous about Monday weigh-in!! Off to eat chicken baked in salsa and sauteed spinach and to stay on plan : )

Totally random but have you guys tried crystal light popsicles? Sometimes helpful when you're craving something sweet...
  • Hi! I would like to join although I am late as well! Labor day is just a week after I am hoping to have moved out of my apartment (but first I have to find another place otherwise im stuck here another year --eep!! i better get to it!) just like losing the weight... =) it can be a countdown to both I guess! I really would like to find some place to live I actually enjoy...and looking great when I get there won't hurt! ...aiming for 2 lbs a week...

Current weight: 173.5
    Goal weight: 145 by labor day

June 8: 173
    June 15: 171
    June 22: 169
    June 29: 166
    July 6: 164
    July 13: 162
    July 20: 160
    July 27: 158
    Aug 3: 156
    Aug 10: 154