Old 01-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #16  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Can I join in? I am also a preschool special ed. assistant. I love working with the little ones but they do have their challenges as well. I am a little over halfway to my goal. I started out right after Labor Day. I count points but am not attending WW meetings. As for exercise, I alternate between the treadmill, stationary bike and step workouts.

Last edited by Onmyway; 01-08-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:54 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I usually get home around 4:30 and this is the worst time of day for my eating. I try to bring snacks and a good lunch, but it is hard to eat throughout the day. Does anyone else have this problem?
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:39 AM   #18  

Okay Ladies...Today is FRIDAY!!!! We made it through the first week back to school!! Sorry I have been MIA, but things have been hectic here!! I will catch up this weekend.
TTYL
Niki
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 218/218/168

Height: 5'8"

keeping the same goals as last week, too busy to change anything.
trob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:28 PM   #20  

Onmyway- Glad to have you join us.

rileyozzy- After school is the worst for me also. I eat a good breakfast, always take my lunch and try to take something like a banana or nuts for a snack but nothing seems to help. I know that it has very little to do with real hunger but more the need to sooth my nerves after a hard day.

Today was another crazy day. Tomorrow we are having our standards review and everyone has been on pins and needles tyring to get all of out T's crossed and I's dotted. I will be glad when the day is over.
My eating has not been great this week. I do fine at school but it all seems to fall apart when I get home.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #21  

Today was a very stressful day for me. We found out it has been reccomended that 8 of our schools in our district be taken over by the state. Luckily it is not the school I am at, but they have to find positions for all of the staff at the other schools. I dont think I am in a position to lose my job, but I dont know for sure. I did NOT stress eat...instead I came home and did a 2 mile WATP dvd.. Yay me!!
Old 01-15-2009, 08:31 PM   #22  

Neast- How does that work? Do they replace everyone with their own people? I have heard about schools in our state being taken over but never understood the process.

Did okay with eating today. Didn't get in my exercise or all of my water but all in all a pretty good day.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #23  

Trob -All of the employees have the option to stay with the school district. They could choose to go with the state, but have to apply, interview etc. If they chose to stay with the school system, the system has to make a place for them in other schools. Those with more time, get the positions, those with less time get the boot. Kinda stinks, but I know I will be able to find another job because not many people want my job, but I LOVE it
Old 01-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #24  
~Ro

S/C/G: 148.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone- is it too late to join? I teach 6th grade and am on my way to losing about 15 pounds. Thanks!
1200cal_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:16 AM   #25  

Welcome Ro! We are just here to support each other! Glad that you found us. I for one, feel that teachers have unique weight-loss challenges that fellow teachers understand.

Today is a holiday for us MLK Day, so we are out of school. I love the days off but it is much harder for me to keep my eating in check but exercise will not be a problem because when I am home I never sit down.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #26  

What a week. I have not gotten home until after 5 every day this week. I am totally worn out and my goals have suffered because of it.
My eating has been okay, I have gotten my water in most days and have been able to get some strength training in but no cardio.