Old 12-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

What a challening week. Too many treats at home; too many treats at work; not enough discipline to stop eating when I feel satisfied. These past few days I'm feeling over full and stomache pain from eating the sweets. My system is crying out for mercy! My saving grace is I'm still doing C25K- staying at week 3 for this week.

Does this challenge end Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve? I'm hoping that by New Year's Eve I'll be at C25K W4. Not even going to mention the eating. I'm hoping to get through with minimal gain. My plan is to eat anything I want as long as I do it mindfully aka pay attention to my hunger signals! The Cynic in my wants to say "Yeah, Right"; but the WEEDie in me wants to say "Focus and You'll Do It"!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:38 PM   #17  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

So you all know I have been really struggling lately. Then got some bad turkey the other day. Well, shock of a lifetime, I was down almost 3 pounds today, 196.4. In one day. I hope it stays off, cuz Lord knows I need it. I have vowed to eat at least 1500 calories a day also. That may be helping. Who knows.

Nix- Did you sign up for the BL? Some of us here are on the red team. I don't know if you can request or not. It would be great to have you there.

Grazer- I want all treats to leave my sight. But, since I have upped my calories, I can have one a day.

Okay, gotta run. Must wrap some gifts tonight. Oh yeah, and put up the village sitting around in boxes still.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:15 PM   #18  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

I know what you mean about the treats. I finally polished off my Godiva chocolates I got from one of my students and TOM has arrived, so I should have more self control now, I figure.

Tomorrow's another day!

I commit to:

W - 5 blue bottles of water = 110 oz.
E - 40 minutes weights
E - Lots of fruits and vegetables mixed with protein
D - You'll feel better all around if you do!!

I have a busy day tomorrow. I'll have to be sure to pack some veggies for snacks while I am on the road.

I just joined the BL Challenge for the first time. I have been telling myself to join a gym for a long time now and have been telling myself that I will join soon. Why not join on Friday, Carolyn?! OK, I will!! Making commitments like this feels scary. What if I disappoint myself by wasting my money because I don't go?! ENOUGH!! DO IT!!!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #19  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning~

I'm going to work with swollen eyes this morning. Between my ailing gramma and my home world I can't stop crying. Gotta buck up, cant wait to that day to just have someone hold on to me and let me break. Just one of those days. Gonna try to keep myself busy.

Mtig - I joined BL. I have been stressing off my weight. Right behind you this morning at 197.4. I'm gonna just keep focus on me for a while. Lets get that 195 by NYE!

Clykk - good girl on the commitment. go for it. Big risk is the only way for big reward!

Grazer - nice C25k work woman! I did W1D1 this morning again. My knee has been killing me. But I had to do something.

W- Will find a way to get it down
E - Excercise is done for the day
E - Not hungry
D - At least it stopped raining.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:57 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Oh Grazer...i hear ya on the snacks. I just can't stop myself. And when i get home in the evening, i just can't hold out for dinner. Last night, i was cooking a meatloaf and while it was in the oven...i started eating on a bag of Dorittos. The only good thing is...i was able to stop before half the bag was gone. Actually, i can't eat too many because they are for the bf's lunch each day. And at work, it has been picking at the plain m&m's and peanut m&m's on my counter. Yikes...i don't know what to do. I just have the munchies these days. Going to try to eat somewhat healthy today. I haven't started off so good this morning but it's lunch time, so i am about to set out in search of something somewhat healthy. Wish me luck!!

Oh...and i am up to 157 today. Which is down one from yesterday. And with the amount of water i'm drinking today, i should be back down to 155 by tomorrow.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:41 PM   #21  

WEED was good yesterday. I actually got 2 hours of exercise in, 45min treadmill, 15min bike, and 60min pilates, got all my water in, and was within my calories. Now I'm only up 1.2lbs from Saturday instead of the 3lbs that I was up Monday.
I'm actually hoping no one has a Christmas dinner this year because after Thanksgiving, my birthday, and anniversary dinners, I'm tired of all the food, gains, and then having to work extra hard to get back to where I was before.
If a family member doesn't have a dinner then I think I will just have a simple dinner at home with DH and kids.

Have a great Thursday chickies!
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:52 PM   #22  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

I'm here.....i just hope to make it to the end of january. seriously.

I'm tired LOL
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:49 PM   #23  
Living Light

Man, did I so not toke up today!!! Unbelievable!! I got half my water in, no exercise and I ate shortbread cookies and chocolate chip granola bars today inbetween the healthier choices. If I expect to lose even 1 pound I have to stop with the sweets!!!!! When am I going to get serious about this?

TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll stick to my plans tomorrow.
Betch your bottom dollar that tomorrow
I'll stay on plan.

Just thinkin' about tomorrow.
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow.
Till there's none.

When I'm stuck with a day that's way off plan,
I just stick out my chin, and grin, and say...
Oh, I'll stick to my plans tomorrow
So, I gotta hang on till tomorrow,
Come what may!!!!

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow.
You're only a day away!
I'll smoke weed tomorrow.
I love ya tomorrow.
You're only a DAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:56 PM   #24  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

ladies.

I'm feeling a little crappy today, overheated and moody with a slight headache. Lovely TOM. No WI of course. Off to bed!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:39 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Weigh in this morning. I'm down from my TOM gain but still at 163. When will I see the 150s?

Nix- sorry to hear about your Gran. My home life isn't great right now either. I have a huge dislike for the in-laws who are around more these days.

Lumi- We'll get through the treat season! Thanks for the reminder about the water.

Ruth- WTG on the exercise!

JL- TOM always puts me on my butt.

HolyT- Hang in there. What's happening the end of January? The end of school?

Clykk- Love that song. I'll be humming that all day now. I have a staff meeting. Maybe after that I'll be singing "It's a Hard Knock Life" (Ha, ha).
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:47 AM   #26  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Friday~

Morning girls.

Grazer -thanks. My grandma passed away yesterday morning around 9am. Fortunately I was able to be there with my mom, 2 aunts, uncle, and grandpa. I am the oldest and only of the 8 grandkids that were in town. Although she was battling cancer, she had just finished her radiation and chemo, and we thought she was on her way to a few more good years. So in that sense, it was kinda sudden. She's in a better place, and gonna be eyeballing me from the sky all the time now. Better clean up my act I can tell you it put the rest of the stuff in my world on low priority status. I know my grandma was carrying quite a bit of resentment for my grandpa before she died, but prior to leaving us, she told my aunt to tell grandpa to be sure to give her a kiss. He did. Just a reminder to hold on to the love and not the bitterness because you never know when it will be your last opportunity to love someone and have them know it. I hope your in-law situation improves!

Jlea - TOM arrived with a vengence this morning. Bringing with him enough weight to start me off higher than last week. Grin and bear it huh?

Ruthie - bravo on the killer exercise yesterday. I am gonna do 3 miles for g-ma today. She was so pissed that she couldnt breathe well enough to go on walks of any length outside. Should get me a good hour in at least.

Clykk - thanks for the song. Needed the giggle this morning.

Lumi - how did the m&m avoidance go yesterday?

HolyT - Hope you're feeling better today.

Mtiggie - come on girl.... we're climbing out of the hole together.

WEED is on today. But its only 5 am anything could happen.....
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:47 AM   #27  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

After a bout with the bad turkey, and eating more calories, I m down to 196.4. Gotta be happy with that. Winter storm has struck full force here today. I have been outside getting cars unstuck and shoveling for a while. Got a good cardio workout in, plus some abs and arms. I barely made a dent in the mess. Tons more to do.

Nix- I feel for you on all fronts. It's hard to lose someone, even though we know it will be better for them. Send Boblian my way. I'll have a chat with him. Don't let it go down the toilet without close examination.

Grazer- Hang in there. Switch things up a bit and see what happens.

Shari- Hang on.

Clykk- Cute song. Don't worry, only a few more days before the holidays are past.

Ruth- Quite the workout. Good job.

Lumi- Like I said already, the holidays are almost over. Hang on.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #28  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning gals, happy weekend-ing!

Today is my eleven years anniversary! I can tell ya, we earned it. Highs and lows, sickness and health, the good with the bad, the trials/tribulations, the celebrations. Two beautiful healthy children, a lovely home, a good marriage, two successful careers, and the debts that go with the above, but we made it. LOL, I'm feeling philosophical today!!! We are going out tonight for dinner....and ?? we don't know where to go next. Are there any good movies out to see?

I'll take my weigh in for this morning....one, I liked the number, two, going out tonight and three, TOM starting up, feeling ravenous and bloaty. Plus I can blame the holiday gorge (No, seriously, I will try to keep it in moderation) on TOM, ya gotta be glad the two go together and not TOM one week,the holiday the other week, then it would be two sucky weeks and I know I'd be off plan by then. Oh so I'm at 255.5!!! Down 4.5 in two weeks, I'll take it girls. I'm getting all MTiger-y though, stepping on the scale a million times a day, I'm gonna try not to get too obsessed.

Well back to the housework, I have more to say! Nixie, sorry about grandma! But how proud I am of you, the first thing you said you were going to do it go out and walk a mile for her, NOT eat a bag of chips or whatever we do when we're grieving! Maybe we are learning something, huh? Hope Amy, your grandma is well. Did the dialysis start yet? I'm thinking of you all, we're in the home stretch, right? When does this challenge end anyways? Can we go til New Year's Day? Winter wonderland could mean anything and I looked back and we didn't say at the begining?

Love you all xooxoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #29  

Nix: Sorry to hear about your Grandma Hope you are doing ok.

Michelle: Happy Anniversary!! and congratulations on the weight loss, that is awesome!!

mtiger: Congratulations on your weight loss too!!

grazer: I'm anxious to see the 150s too, but I'm hoping to at least be 165 by the end of this month.

I didn't exercise yesterday, I don't know whats been wrong with me this week, just haven't felt good. I hope to get some in today. Still drinking my water though and watching my calories.
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #30  
Living Light

Default Down two pounds!!!

Did my WI today and am happy to report that I am in the 150s...158 to be exact. I didn't join the gym yet though! I know that would get me into regular weight lifting. I have a yearly swim membership which finds me going swimming on a regular basis twice a week and I regularly go to a Sunday yoga class that I pay for in advance, so...with that track record I figure a gym membership will cause me to make a more solid commitment to weight training and even some extra cardio choices. DH and I are having a family meeting soon where we discuss anything and everything that we feel is getting shoved to the back burner and then we commit to doing something in the week following before we meet again. We got out of those meetings at least a year ago, but when we were doing it, it felt GREAT!!! I think I will put exercise on the agenda, because DH could use a work-out schedule too. I'm going to schedule that meeting right after I'm done here.

ruth135 Good for you on keeping up the water and the calorie counting! Every little bit helps.

NurseMichelle Congrats on the weight loss!!!! I'm game to go to the New Year.

mtiger Congrats on the weight loss!!!! We were hit with the same storm which found me out in the thick of it all bundled up (no skin showing) playing in the snow with my DS who is 10. When I was trudging through the snow which was up to my knees at times, I just gave thanks for the needed workout and the precious time I got to spend with my DS. As he gets older, there are less of those opportunities to play with him.

Nixmom Glad I could give you a laugh in your time of grieving. I will be singing on Christmas Eve and so have been walking around the house for 2 days now trying to memorize the words to three new songs. Funny how a song can make life go by a little easier.

Grazer I feel your frustration with not seeing the 150s. I realise I am in the 150s as of today, but I have been longing to see the 140s for YEARS! Obviously, not enough desire though.

JasonsLea Hoping you're feeling better!

W - 5 blue bottles of water = 110 oz.
E - 40 minutes weights + 20 yoga
E - Lots of fruits and vegetables mixed with protein
D - I will schedule a meeting with DH and talk about exercise plan!