Old 11-29-2008, 10:38 PM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Arrow W.O.W Winter Wonderland Challenge

ladies! We're a little behind, but it's here! The W.O.W Christmas Challenge! Dive in!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!

P.S. I think it would be a good idea if we just use this thread for the challenge so no one has to remember to make a new one every Sunday. What do yall think?
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:44 PM   #2  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

I hope everyone finds their way here!

My WEED for this challenge:

W ~ 64 oz min

E ~ JM 30 Day Shred!

E ~ intuitive eating, tracking on SparkPeople

D ~ Rome wasn't built in a day but it sure burned down in one. Suck it up and push through!
Old 11-29-2008, 11:37 PM   #3  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Awright awright, I'm in....I totally blew off the last challenge...I got lost in all the new posts and got a bit overwhelmed. Plus I wasn't being on plan at all. I will weigh in and make my goals on Monday morning. I'd be happy if my goal was just to TRY this time. I know it'll be somewhere in the 260's, and I didn't want to get higher than the 250s again.

I'm Michelle from Ohio, 32, mom to Robert (who just had his NINTH birthday, on Nov 25th!!!! One year til double digits!) and Rachel who is four. Hubby to Mike, our 11 year anniversary is during this challenge, Dec 20th. I'm an RN on a med-surg (focus on dialysis and diabetic teaching) floor at the local hospital. I work 12 hr nights so that is a whole other challenge. Exercise-wise I go the gym, lift weights, and cardio like mad. I would like to check out the 30 day shred, but I don't work out at home much. I mostly just sit down in the middle. LOL....diet wise, I just try to make better choices, lean proteins, fruits/veggies, no sugar/flour, low cal. I do well with my water, usually around 3-4 liters a day.

Lately all I do is eat and sleep! I'm in a funk! Hopefully I can get motivated BEFORE the New year's resolution's posers....!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Can I join?

I've been gaining weight back that I worked so HARD to lose and need to snap out of it. I've been down as low as 169 so I know I can do it, I just need to stick with it. Every week I start out with good intentions, mess up, then binge all week until Monday comes again. Crazy

Anyway, I'm around 195 right now and would like to be 188 by Christmas. Here are my goals:

Water: 4 sports bottles per day
Exercise: C25K supplemented with walking and yoga
Eats: Calorie counting using fitday
Daily Goal/Affirmation: Read a book, watch a movie, play a game, meditate, etc. Basically any "me" time to relax or reflect on my progress.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

JL- Thanks for getting us started without delay.

NurseM- I've been wondering about you. Now, where's AUD?

StaceyL- Welcome. I'm sure you'll enjoy this thread. I'm currently doing week 2 of C25K and I love it!

My goals for this challenge is to get in the 150s by Christmas. I can't seem to find my way there.

WEED for today:

W- drink it. I've become such a slacker
E- Mindful
E- C25KW2D3
D- positive thoughts
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:26 AM   #6  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Morning Grazie, Nchellie, Jlea! Welcome Stacy! Okay... getting ready to head to the grocery store today and undo the last 8 days of crap eating. Will do official kick off weigh in tomorrow (MTiggie... when you get here, know that I am apologizing in advance if I come in over 200. I will ride into NYE in low 190s come **** or high water!)

WEED for the Week:
W-64 or more a day
E- 1500 or less a day
E- C25K gonna do week 1 again
D- Looking fine for 2009.

Hope you all had a fantastic holiday. I am SOOOOO looking forward to getting my booty in gear this challenge.

Last edited by Nixmom; 11-30-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:22 PM   #7  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Nix- Don't fear. You are in good company. I am 200 today. I knew I would be though because of my mid-cycle gain. It's time to take it back off though and move forward. 194 is my goal for X-mas. How bout you???

For new people, my name is Mindy and I have been on this journey since Jan. 1 of last year. I have taken off about 52 pounds. It is and up and down ride for me. I teach 5th grade this year, but did teach kindergarten for 6 years. Long, sad story. I am here for the long haul and will work as hard as anyone. Let's pack this weight up and send it away on sleigh.

Michelle- You can do it. Here's some extra motivation coming your way!!

Grazer- Look out 150. Here you come.

Stacy- Welcome and good luck.

Shari- I know you've been struggling, but you really can do this. Come on girl!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:56 PM   #8  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

girls!

Stacy!

OMG, you all have GOT to go see Twilight! Saw it last night, will definitely go see it again....and again.....and again! I feel like a kid, I love it!

Got in a 45 min walk today. Can't wait to start 30DS!
Old 11-30-2008, 06:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Hi all. Not too bad of a day. I drank some water, exercised, and ate mindfully. I'm feeling charged and ready to get in the 150s by Christmas.

JL- I saw the Twilight books at Cosco. They look good. Looking forward to hearing about the 30 day shred.

Nix & MIg- We have a destination in mind. Let's get there for Christmas!!!

WEED for Monday:

W- something other than coffee
E- OP & Mindful
E- YBB
D- "Good, good, good, good vibrations.."
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:55 PM   #10  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

I'd like to join as well! This sounds like a really fun idea for a challenge. Thanks for starting the thread Shari.

My name is Jen, I turned 26 earlier this month and live in Arizona, where we earn our nice, mild, snow-free, 70's/80's degree winter weather by enduring summer (read: 100-115 degree temps...lol) for 6 months out of the year!

I started my journey in May of this year at my HW (186), lost 11 lbs. in my first month, gained 5 back in June, then started over in mid-July at 180. I have been on the losing path ever since. I am now down to the lowest weight I have ever been in my adult life (157), and am excited to have a "normal" BMI for the first time I know of in my adult life when I reach 154 lbs. I am even more excited to be within reach of the 140's. Can't wait to get to 149 (it's my not-so-secret-anymore New Year's wish!).

Now that I have shed 30 lbs. and am down to within a couple lbs. of a normal BMI, I have realized that becoming a runner (one of my lifelong dreams) is within my reach. I am starting the Couch25k program tomorrow, as well as the 30 Day Shred. I've previewed Level 1 of the Shred, and it looks doable, altho I've heard it's harder than it looks! I would love to be a size 10 (or lower ) by Christmas. I am in a 12 now.

I struggle with binge eating, altho I have learned how to control it better than I have ever been able to in the past. I attribute this to 1) getting back on the healthy eating track ASAP after a binge 2) confronting the emotions I am trying to stuff down with food and 3) exercise! I am currently 6 Days Binge-Free. Before this latest binge I was 30 days binge-free. There is a great forum here called Chicks in Control that deals with bingeing if anybody needs help with this.

And now that I have written an epistle, here is my WEED:

W(ater)-64+ oz. I drink 99% water anyway (don't like milk or juice all that much, and have never liked soda. I love water), so this isn't too much of a problem.

E(xercise)-Starting 30DS and Couch25k tomorrow (12/1) so will be busy with both of those programs for a month or two. 80 miles cardio goal in December. 1300 exercise minute goal for December. I would like to do 60 min. of exercise 5-6 days a week. I am trying to get more strength training in this month as well.

E(ats)-I calorie cycle, but my goal is to average 1400-1500 calories weekly with a range of 1200-1800 daily.

D(aily Affirmation)-Progress, not perfection (my daily mantra!)

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you as we progress with our goals this month and like Mindy said, send those extra lbs. packing with Santa on his way back to the North Pole! Hope everybody is having a wonderful day!

Last edited by EsperanzaBella82; 11-30-2008 at 06:56 PM.
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:37 PM   #11  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 169/158/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
W- something other than coffee
if it was only possible

I would love to join you ladies. I know I can do this...I made it to my goal once, just in time to get married, spent two blissfully happy years getting fat together. Been working on losing that honeymoon for over a year now.

I sighned up for the YMCA on October 3rd and have yet to go....I need someone to know that so I will feel guilty for not using it.

So here we go:

W- 128 oz a day
E- Plan out my meals and stick to it. 1400 cal a day.
E- GO TO THE FREAKING YMCA
D- Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live.
niclyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:56 PM   #12  

Hi Ladies!

I'm getting back on track after the Thanksgiving binge. Unfortunately I hurt my leg yesterday doing jumping jacks during 30DS. I can barely walk today, so I hope it won't take too long to heal up. In the meantime I guess I can do some upper body and ab workouts.

Monday's WEED:

W: 64-96oz
E: depends on how my leg feels
E: 1500-1700cals
D: I WILL do this
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:18 PM   #13  
More than halfway to 100!

S/C/G: 273/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Ladies! This is an awesome challenge, and I love the WEED approach!

I am former LAWL gal, but when I came home from Ireland last year at New Year's, LAWL was bankrupt and the stores were closed. I have lost since then, but I have been stuck in a serious plateau for at least two months. I think I am eating to maintain, but not to lose.

So-- I am at 214 today (too new for a ticker, I guess?), and I would like to be darn close to 200 by New Year's. I know what I need to do, I just need to do it! So here's my commitment to the group:

W: At least 64 oz/day, more on workout days
E: Mon-Wed, Friday & Saturday at the gym; Sunday yoga
E: LAWL eating plan purple
D: "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other." (Abraham Lincoln)

Let's go, ladies! We can do this!
Rose
IrishRose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Welcome to the new friends!

I am MM or Mother Mavis. 42, married, two kids, both boys 18 & 21.
Was a heavy kid, then thru bad habits and bulimia, got skinny in HS.
Stayed skinny until son 1 was born, kept 20 pounds after that, by that time DS2 came, I was over 200. Not good on a 5' 3" small frame. Since son 2 is now 18, probably time to quit using baby fat to describe the extra tonnage.

I got rid of quite a bit of it, but I have been back and forth between the low 150's and the high 140's since April. My Christmas goal is 139. Out of the 140's and 150's for good.

W 100 oz
E Crunches, stairs or walk at lunch, maybe a jaunt on the treadmill tonight
E OP
D One thing at a time...right now that thing is eating. I have been drifting off with my focus on eating OP.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:21 AM   #15  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Default Urgh!

I posted a big ole thing this morning and my computer pooped out as I hit submit. FOOEY!

So... hello to all, newbies and veteran Weeders!

Grazer/Mtig -
201 this morn. I want 192 by Christmas.
Jlea - I wanna know ALL about 30DS!
Nchellie- Get... the funk... out.... Getthefunkout!
Ruth - I have WiiKnee - long story.... but I injured myself this weekend virtual bowling. lovely, huh?
MMavis - I still use the baby fat excuse TOO!!! You're right though, it really is time for us to drop it.

Okay... Kashi is down... gotta get to steppin at work. You girls have a WONDERFUL first day of DECEMBER!

Kris
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote