Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 11:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Default Don't Be A Turkey - Thanksgiving Challenge #2

we hit our 500 posts - so here's the new thread! Let's finish out STRONG!!!

Last edited by Enygirl; 11-18-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Default JUST FOR TODAY (yesterday)

JUST FOR TODAY

I decided to make a good thing out of my sorrow and grief. Today (Nov 17) is the second anniversary of my dear Mothers' passing. Much has happened in these last 2 years. My life has really been turned upside down. I have experienced many failures in this time frame. Just for today I have decided.....I can not change my yesterdays. What happened happened. All I can do is hope and pray I have learned from those failures......I can not change tomorrow, for it has not happened yet; I can not see what tomorrow will bring for me. I have hope and faith that the choises and deissions I make today will make tomorrow a better day. With all of this in mind.

JUST FOR TODAY I resolved to eat healthy for 3 meals + 2 snacks..I did
take my medications...I did
do 30 minutes of exercise...I did 20 min mindful walking
do something to make this world a better place..I did
drink at least 64 oz water.......81 oz water drank
Finally, do the best I can do with what I have to work with......Not worry about the rest. My weight loss and health are worth it. Pat
Old 11-18-2008, 01:05 PM   #3  

Just for today I resolve to eat healthy for 3 meals and 2 snacks. Take my medications....do 30 minutes of exercise.......drink at least 64 oz water. Finally, do the best I can do with what I have to work with......Not worry about the rest. My weight loss and health are worth it. I will check back and edit to let ya all know if I did just for today. Pat
Old 11-18-2008, 03:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

dixiemae--wow you have really made me reflect on all that has happened to me as well these past two years. This last week was such a bummer for me and I've just now re-committed myself to getting back on track and OP. When I think of all that's happened to me, not just weight-wise but otherwise the past 2 years, I am amazed about how far I've come and all that I've survived. You are right, time to realize, accept and move on with faith and hope for the future.

faux--your pics are awesome! And now a half-marathon? I just am barely able to do 5K's, with a few walking parts thrown in. But, ok, if you can, I will try to accomplish that as my new goal. I still am not a "runner" but it is coming a little easier to me now and I love the results when I run at least 3x/week!

rmc--I hear ya! I'm in the same boat. Stnessa is right.....

Goal before Thanksgiving? Well, I guess I already made my goal, but I'm struggling to stay there and even get under it permanently. Like today, b/c of a few bad days now, I am over 185 by about a pound-and-a-half. So I guess my goal is to get back to my goal and stay there! Even under it by 1-2 pounds so I know it is real, haha! Then, onward and downward!!

Last edited by modcat44; 11-18-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #5  

Modcat~You are a strong lady. You have encouraged me when I felt like crap. You offered words of caring when I needed them so badly. You are the inspiration, not I my friend. I am with you moving on one day at a time. I am so glad we have found our strength. Here is to you Modcat ((((HUGS)))) Pat
Old 11-18-2008, 05:25 PM   #6  
:)

Height: 5'7

I had a pretty nice weigh-in day. Down 1.3 lbs. Good be worse!

My mother had a funeral to go to today and I had planned on going down for moral support (it was for her boss), but she told me not to worry about it so I stayed home and made saffron rice for the fam for dinner!

I've done good on my cals so far, but my fat-intake is through the roof! 60g! :O

Gotta watch that!

to all!
Old 11-18-2008, 07:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Well just wanted to drop in and say HI!!! Getting on treadmil while I watch Biggest Loser because stupid me today totally fell off plan!!! I mean really off to with a package of rolo's, reeses peanut butter cups, small bag of chips, some mike and ikes candy, and Ding Dongs!!! The only healthy item I have had all day is a 6 inch Ham and Cheese sub on wheat bread just so stupid of me but like I said I am geting on treadmil once I get offline here in the next few minutes.....

Well everyone have a great night and a Perfect On Plan Wednesday!!!!

Oh and nice job Stephi 1.3 pounds is awesome!

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 11-18-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Smile

Stephi!!!
Keep going! It's working! I can tell you are looking fabulous!!

Dixie: Love your "Just for today" idea!

Hello to everyone else! I can't wait till you all get to the plantation! I am trying to hold off of the wonderful treats here... I can feel the excitement starting to ebb with everyone's arrival.

See you soon!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Smile

Oops...forgot to add..I lost 2 more lbs. I am almost there! I know it will slow down any day now. I keep trying to switch up the exercising and the eating so that I keep this old body guessing. I have recently added strength training to my treadmill and wii fit routines. I have been keeping to all of my challenge 3 goals...the water amount was a little high..80oz. It does make me go a lot though...which at least keeps me moving.

We can do it!
Old 11-18-2008, 09:02 PM   #10  
FB

Heya girls! My day went well, got the exercise in and lost track of time - which is always a good thing on cardio days. My new gym is unbelievably and crazy busy. Unreal.

Tomorrow will be a hectic day spent at a daycare photographing toddlers. ACK! Hope yours will be calmer
Old 11-19-2008, 08:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 189.2/ see ticker /160

The posts on this thread pile up way faster than I can read them. I'm so stressed. Work is killing me. School is killing me. Dating is killing me. I really like this guy I've started seeing, but dating is stressful and, as pathetic as it is, I'm thinking about how much easier it is to be alone. Please note, I said easier, not better.

Last edited by jeannep; 11-19-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:52 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Good morning girls! I'm so excited to see all the weigh ins! I'm hoping that TOM will go away by tomorrow morning and the pounds will WOOSH away

FB - do you have before and after pics posted anywhere? I'd LOVE to see them!

I did 30 mins on the treadmill last night... tonight I'm restarting 30 DS. I Love/hate Jillian. But it works for sure! 30 in 30.. I HAVE to do this! I need a BIG drop before Christmas!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 08:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Good Morning Girlies!!! Well after my off day yesterday I decided to stick with my 3rd challenge and no excuses for exercising.. So I did 45 minutes on treadmil then did weight training today was arms:0 I am back on track hopefully yesterday didn't hurt my to bad when I weigh in tomorrow!!! I did get all of my water intake plus some in and yes you do have to go to the little girls room alot!

I will check back in later
Have A Great Day

Eny I to am starting 30 Day Shred today as well. I do only do it every other day though. Good Luck

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 11-19-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:57 AM   #14  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning all! I got so busy yesterday that I didn't get a chance to get on here & now I'm trying to play catch up.

Dixie - You're doing great! That's a wonderful idea of taking one day at a time. I think we all get caught up in "by next month I want this or that" but what we need to focus on is every day that it takes to get there.

reda - It's okay! I can't speak for everyone but I know I've been there when I don't think it's possible to put another horrible thing into my body but then I somehow manage to do just that. I hope your time on the treadmill made you feel better & put you in the mood of having an OP day today

jeannep - NO! Don't give up! Sure there's always a lot going on, that's life. But why would you want to be experiencing that craziness alone? Things will get easier. Your relationship will find it's pace & things will work out. Just give it a little effort & time. If it's meant to be, it'll be just fine.

Look at me all huggy when in real life I have a very large bubble.

Okay... I'm sure I missed things that I wanted to comment on but I'm trying to get through this fast before the kids start showing up... which I'm surprised they aren't here yet. I weighed myself this morning even though I was dreading it with it being my TOM. But I managed to lose a pound. I'm hoping that by next week I'll be more like 2 pounds once my TOM is over. I want to be under 225 next week. I better step it up and make it happen! I didn't get to work out last night - I had to go grocery shopping & then I was talking to my mother in law on the phone. She's stressed & we ended up being on the phone until 12:30 am. But tonight I need to get some serious movement going. Tomorrow is our meeting for the adoption. I'm getting nervous! Well -- hope you all enjoy your Wednesday!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reda355 View Post
I mean really off to with a package of rolo's, reeses peanut butter cups, small bag of chips, some mike and ikes candy, and Ding Dongs!!! The only healthy item I have had all day is a 6 inch Ham and Cheese sub on wheat bread
At least it was only one day. Just get back on plan and you'll be fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannep View Post
I'm so stressed. Work is killing me. School is killing me. Dating is killing me.
Hopefully it will eventually slow down for you.

Good Morning Everyon! I didn't get a chance yesterday to get on, so I'm kinda of catching up now. I'm almost to the Party!!! I'm sure I'll be there tomorrow if not Friday. Not much has been going on, just trying to workout and eat healthy. Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread