Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 10:31 AM   #16  

Height: 5'6.5

I planned on pulling out my tricks for this weekend. I went to drill Sat morning with food prepared to have throughout the day like I would on a normal day but a gal in my section game with with a box of the soft batch cookies. My favorite. Everyone else was eating them. I just couldn't say no. Geez.... So then the rest of the day was kind of that mind frame that I already screwed up so whatever....but I did run that day. Then Sunday came and I didn't have a chance to eat until about 2PM. We were doing stuff that I couldn't even sneak in something healthy. So, by the time we were done everyone wanted Burger King...yeah....so that's where I ate too. BAD BAD BAD! Oh well... I'll just keep trucking!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:45 AM   #17  
Intuitive Eater

What is that saying? "The best-laid plans ..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieJo View Post
but I did run that day ... I'll just keep trucking!
Good for you, focus on the positive, you did run! And you have a positive attitude to keep on trucking!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

I'm in Sunday is my downfall. I do well during the week and Saturday is usually OK since Sunday morning is my weigh-in so I tend to behave. Hubby and I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago and I have gained it all back in the past two years. He has maintained. Sunday is our treat day. But lately it has become a no-holds-barred kinka eating day for me. Anything that was off-limits all week is fair game on Sunday - if it runs away I'll chase it down and eat it

I have posted my plans for the week in the other thread. I will be travelling out of town for three days (leave Thursday morning and will be back Saturday night). I'm not sure what the eating plans are yet as we are travelling in a group. I plan to keep my head about me and will try to eat sensible. Maybe I should just smarten up and follow hubby's lead and eat as he does...

I'm off to a good start today - 20 oz of water in so far. I had a light breakfast (one egg on an english muffin with cheese for 275 calories). I think I'll have a bowl of soup for lunch. I had an apple for a snack and will have another apple this afternoon (I have a half bushel bag of Gala apples in my office)
Old 10-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #19  

Hey econ nerd! Just saw you joined the 5LB challange too! Awesome!

Traveling is always hard for me too when it comes to eating. I would have to say my all time fav food is fried chicken strips dipped in ranch dressing. YUM YUM. So everytime I'm out to eat or traveling, I seem to think I "deserve" a plate of them...
Old 10-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #20  

HI everyone~ I am new here, and am so glad to find this challenge. I have lost 30 pounds but am struggling now to get myself back to exercising. I have hit a big plateau of my own doing, and am ready to move on and start losing more again.

I identify with this challenge because my weigh in day has always been binge day I want to correct that
Old 10-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #21  

Hi Mama! Since to see you on another thread!
Old 10-20-2008, 12:30 PM   #22  
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by econ nerd View Post
Anything that was off-limits all week is fair game on Sunday - if it runs away I'll chase it down and eat it

Maybe I should just smarten up and follow hubby's lead and eat as he does...
eco nerd! I totally understand about eating everything "off limits" on those down days. Just curious, is your hubby doing anything special to maintain? I'm following a plan called IE (intuitive eating) where nothing is off limits and am rebuilding my relationship with food. It has been bumpy at first, but is getting better. Best of luck to you and enjoy your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaGettinFit View Post
HI everyone~ I am new here, and am so glad to find this challenge. I have lost 30 pounds but am struggling now to get myself back to exercising. I have hit a big plateau of my own doing, and am ready to move on and start losing more again.

I identify with this challenge because my weigh in day has always been binge day I want to correct that
Hello MamaGettinFit! I can relate! I was binging all weekend long starting Friday morning after I got off the scale. This weekend I had my first success, stayed on plan! I hope you'll find this thread helpful too! Way to go on the 30 pounds lost!

Last edited by Blue Serenity; 10-20-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:27 PM   #23  
Intuitive Eater

to jahjah1223 and Kati, I see you joined the tracking thread. Nice to have you both along!
Old 10-20-2008, 02:30 PM   #24  

Congrats Blue for staying on plan this weekend! I don't think I told you that yet!
Old 10-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #25  

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. So far so good today, though I haven't gotten a chance to workout yet. I used to exercise all the time and loved it, but I got out of the habit and it's so hard to get going again. I do crave it though and remember how good I felt when I was doing it daily. I have to get back there again somehow!
Old 10-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #26  
Intuitive Eater

Hey, Mama, I kwym about the exercise. But I hate it with a passion. So I am pretty much dragging my rear on the treadmill every time I do it. lol As a matter of fact I just added a little reminder to my signature about exercise. lol Motivation, ya know?
Old 10-20-2008, 03:11 PM   #27  

Blue, have you tried different things to maybe find something you do enjoy a little more? I started out hating it, but finally found some DVDs that I really enjoyed and it got me into it more and more. There are so many different things out there to try now!
Old 10-21-2008, 12:48 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 218/207.6/130

Height: 5'3

I too hate exercise with a passion. Right now I'm using Leslie Sansone's dvd's and for once it's going well. I exercise almost every day. I think I just needed to find the right thing for me. It's hard when you don't like it. I would look at the clock every few minutes wanting it to move forward when it seemed it was going backward.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:22 AM   #29  

Barbara--those DVDs were the first ones I liked as well! They did get boring kind of fast, but I do those movements while watching regular TV now and get just as good of a workout watching my own shows instead of her!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:13 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 218/207.6/130

Height: 5'3

I know some of her old ones do get boring to me. She has some faster pace ones that I really like. I'm trying to switch things up a little too. I'm actually going to try Couch 2 5K. I've never been a runner but it sounds like a good program.
Closed Thread