Old 09-21-2008, 10:44 PM   #31  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Melissa: Dont worry if you need to stick at week four. It's hard! and you are so busy! I'm not working right now.. so i have the time and the rest periods i need. Just try to do something each day.. you wont gain the weight back! you wont!!

look into the GI diet.. if you eat within those regulations ( greenlight foods) you can still lose even if you dont have time to exercise! anyway.. thinking of you! be strong girl! you can do it! and dont pressure yourself!
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:56 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

I went out today for an hour. I went my usual route, but backwards. I guess most of the 'longer runs' were down hill the old way, because they seemed awful 'up hill' today So I did crappily. Which means I'm probably only at a week ... hold on, this is getting really negative. I could say I successfully discovered a more difficult route. Or something else, because there is NO WAY I could have done anything like this 2 months ago if I hadn't been 'wogging' 3 or 4 times a week like I have been.

So I don't know what level I'm at, but I'm doing GREAT!!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:17 PM   #33  

Well i just did week 5, day 2.. and my next step is the 20 mins jog! holy heck!! I never thought the day would come that I 1)would be able to do 20 mins, 2)am excited to jog that long and 3) even be making jogging part of life in general!!

Melissa.. i def want to thank you for showing me thing jogging thing.. it's really pushing me and making me feel good!!

Koriid I ever tell you I love your name? cause I do!
but yeah.. hills relaly make a difference, dont they! hehe dont feel bad about it being harder.. hills are FREAKIN hard! but like jogging in general.. the more you do it the easier it will be!!

yay for all of us!
Old 09-25-2008, 05:38 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I've made through Week 6, Days 1 and 2 - that means ... NO MORE WALKING INTERVALS. Ever. At least not in the program . Hmmmmm. I think I can actually do it
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofarq View Post
I went out today for an hour. I went my usual route, but backwards. I guess most of the 'longer runs' were down hill the old way, because they seemed awful 'up hill' today So I did crappily. Which means I'm probably only at a week ... hold on, this is getting really negative. I could say I successfully discovered a more difficult route. Or something else, because there is NO WAY I could have done anything like this 2 months ago if I hadn't been 'wogging' 3 or 4 times a week like I have been.
My usual route is very slightly uphill for the first half, and very slightly downhill in the second half. I don't usually notice it during the first half, but I can sure feel the difference when I turn around .
Old 09-25-2008, 05:40 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
Well i just did week 5, day 2.. and my next step is the 20 mins jog! holy heck!! I never thought the day would come that I 1)would be able to do 20 mins, 2)am excited to jog that long and 3) even be making jogging part of life in general!
You can do it!
Old 09-25-2008, 05:44 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
I've made through Week 6, Days 1 and 2 - that means ... NO MORE WALKING INTERVALS. Ever. At least not in the program . Hmmmmm. I think I can actually do it
Im so happy for you! I havn't even looking at week 6 yet. I think I will wait till i'm done week 5 hha

Yay Julie!!
Old 09-25-2008, 05:48 PM   #38  

I don't have any family or friends running. It is SO nice to have you guys. Makes me feel not alone in my running . Everyone's successes are fun!
Old 09-26-2008, 04:46 PM   #39  

Julie: I hear ya! Im so grateful for this place and especially you guys!! I dont feel aone when I know we are all doing it together!!

I did my 20 mins, week 5, day 3 today! WAAHOOOOO It wasn't so bad afterall.. Now.. what does week have in store for me.. lol
Old 09-27-2008, 11:13 PM   #40  

Sigh, I went again today for 45 minutes, and even though I went the older, easier way, I still dragged a little. I am getting over a cold, so I hope that's all it is. I did have a few spans of time where I felt like the 'Old Kori' and worked it really hard, so I know I still got it! If I can find a picture of 'IT", I'll post it!!

Abby, Kori is short for a longer, weird name, and let's not even talk about the 'farq' part.

Last edited by Kofarq; 09-27-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:04 AM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofarq View Post
Sigh, I went again today for 45 minutes, and even though I went the older, easier way, I still dragged a little. I am getting over a cold, so I hope that's all it is. I did have a few spans of time where I felt like the 'Old Kori' and worked it really hard, so I know I still got it! If I can find a picture of 'IT", I'll post it!!
45 minutes, wow!

And when you find IT, don't take a picture, bottle it
Old 10-03-2008, 05:24 PM   #42  

I went out again today, and I felt GREAT! My cold is almost over, but I got my MOXIE back! It was so fun to run and not feel exhausted the whole time.
I was gone for 45 min, and I'm sure that one time I did 8 minutes, so, I'll go with saying I'm back to week 5? I think that's right!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:15 PM   #43  

Well, i got my *** back in gear.. week 6 day 2 complete!
I did it on a treadmill for the first time.. and... I prefer actually moving.. hehe
My new gym has an indoor track so i ecited to give that a go!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #44  

I just busted out week 7, day 1 today. I decided to focus on distance so much as time today and did 2.5 miles in 35 minutes. the program says it should be 2.5 miles in 25 minutes. so i need to start focusing on pushing myself to go faster and really pushing my self. I feel like i culd jog forever at the pace i go now. I knwo it's time to work on speed.. but it's hard!!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #45  

Height: 5'6.5

So I'm joining in here! Last night I did week 3 day 1 and was so proud of myself. Do you guys wait a day in between runs? Sometimes I want to do it the next day (like today) even though it should only be done three times per week.
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote