Old 06-23-2008, 02:47 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Today is boot camp mode, eating clean, going to do upper body weight training tonight. It's HOT here, 90 something, draining my energy. Bought another set of dumbells, 20 lbs each, well I'm going to try the Body for Life program and it includes intense weight training. Waiting for a new gym with daycare to open too so I can get out of my house now and then. I'm a little beat today, stayed up too late yesterday.

I've been separated about three years too, we've been putting off the big D. My husband lives in another state, it's all so sad. Part of why I need to stay in bootcamp mode to fight off the emotions and stress. Working out and eating clean does wonders. I think I used to eat emotionally to deal with it all - well I know I did. But forward we go bootcamp girls!
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:49 PM   #47  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Hi guys...
I am a bit proud of myself... I've had a lot going on and I've 'maintained' my weight at 210.
ENYGIRL... I saw you new thread... You have a great group going... congrats.

Despite not being to exercise at all I continue to make good food choices.
Physically all I can do is work my shift and that's it... When I was a doctor for the 'tendonitis' he did a lot blood work. One of the tests (ANA) was positive with a very high titer. Doctor said its an autoimmune disease ? rheumatoid arthritis or lupus, or connective tissue disease... I'm scheduled to see a rheumatologist. I've had pain in my knees for months.. but over the last 2 weeks ... its knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, knuckles... so I'm playing the waiting game.... {petrified} I have a medical background and know what this could mean..
I'll be keeping an eye on you guys I don't know what lies ahead, I've been told to 'move' but not over do it, so getting thru my shift at work has been it.. until they know what the heck is going on..
Keep up the good work.... I'll drop by soon...

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 06-23-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:27 PM   #48  

I'm starting the Body for Life Challenge, at least a modified version. It has you take pictures in a bikini as "before" pics and UGH. That's incentive. I thought I had to just tone up a "little" and I was clueless. This isn't 10 lbs, it's 20 I need to dump, it's mostly in my stomach/upper body and that's the worst place to carry weight health wise. Perhaps REALITY is a good thing, it bites but it's major incentive. Tonight I did a 45 minute upper body weight workout from the book. It'll be 3x per week of weights, hard and intense. Then 3 days of cardio, I'll do 30 minutes and hit a really intense point. Then there's a day off. Cutting calories back too, to 1200-1400 again. I'm so upset at myself, I'm losing the SAME 10-15 lbs I worked hard to lose before... I'm going to kick yo yo dieting in the butt, along with my fat butt!
Old 06-24-2008, 10:46 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Sweetcaroline we're here for you! Even if you can't "exercise" don't stop living! I can't imagine what you're going through - although I've seen people go through some of the diseases that you mentioned... scary!

I went to the Dr's yesterday and she said weight wise I'm doing good. I'm slowly losing, but more importantly I'm learning a life style change. It's going to take time and work - and I CAN'T give up! She did tell me that I need to cut back a little on exercise. and not do something so high impact everyday. So I'm mixing it up some more and doing a few days of walking with a few days of aerobic/tae bo and of course my yoga day! My goal is 30 mins/day - 6 days a week.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:23 PM   #50  

Do you all think we should start a NEW July challenge? I could do that for us, and start now so we can go back through the prep steps? Seems with the loss of info we could all use a fresh start? I've got some time on my hands this week but not as much next. Remember the steps about cleaning our homes, getting rid of junk, painting our toe nails... some of it was silly stuff. But we had some people on board who said they left when we lost the data as some computer system crashed.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:38 PM   #51  

If you want to start the July thread now that's cool with me - I'm still going strong! I just finished 40 mins of working out... my eating's on target. things are good. Although I do think I could use a refresher in the prep steps too! I DEFINATELY need to Declutter!!!!

Just make sure to post the link here so we can follow you!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:17 AM   #52  

Ack! I just lost a long message I just wrote up! Ok, I'll make it short!

I had a good day yesterday. Stayed on plan all day (and that hasn't happened in a while!)

I'm up for a July Bootcamp. We have house guests staying with us later in July and I may need a little extra kick to keep me focused. I don't know about you, but I hate having houseguests. I get out of my routine and I hate that.

Sweetcaroline-I hope you get some positive news when you go to your appointment. Let us know what's going on. We'll be thinking about you.

Enygirl and horsey-nice job! You guys are really kicking into bootcamp mode! Horsey-I did BFL once. I was never so sore in my life! I don't think I lasted the whole 6 weeks, but I really liked the program.

Alright, my mom and my aunt are coming out to visit me today, so I need to get my house cleaned up.
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:13 PM   #53  

Darby - how was the visit?

Things here are good. I'm right on plan for food - and I'm going for a walk in 23 minutes. I'm trying to get Joe to go w/ me, but he's being a boy. I told him that I'm leaving at 7:30 and I'd ask again then. I'd really like to have the time with him - and we both need the exercise, but I know if I push it then he won't ever want to go. I'm making Wednesday my walk night since DD isn't here. She stays with my dad Wednesday night since my Step-mom watches her on Thursdays while I'm at work.

I still will go for walks with her riding her bike - but she usually doesn't make it more then a mile or so, and we go really slow - but I LOVE the time with her. - yep she's pretty much my world.

Horsey - have you decided to start the July thread yet? Let me know! This thread has kept me on track SO much!

I just had to update - JOE WENT WITH ME! We did 2.5 mile walk. He was DYING! but he stuck in there! We walked slower then my normal pace, but that's to be expected. I told him I want to make this an every Wednesday night thing We'll see... I'm just happy that he went!

Last edited by Enygirl; 06-25-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:45 PM   #54  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Just in case you want it... When I did my steps I saved them at home on a document... I posted it on this new thread... page 1, post #10, its my stuff, but it may trigger your steps.... ~Caroline~
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:57 AM   #55  

Alright - WHERE IS EVERYONE??? We seem to have lost a lot of people this week! COME ON GIRLS! Get back with us! Use this time to prep for next month!!! Jump back in - it's ok to falter and fall! YOU CAN DO IT! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 03:38 PM   #56  

My mom just left. She was supposed to come yesterday but she flaked out on me. Anyway, she dropped off her dog and he's staying with me until Tuesday, which is not a problem. He's stayed with me many times. However, my mother acts like it's the first time she's ever been separated from him and makes him all crazy. Then she leaves me to calm him down for half the day.

I'm on plan for eating, which is great. Tomorrow I'm getting back into working out-no excuses! I went to the farmers market today which was wonderful.

Enygirl-2.5 miles is awesome! Is it hot where you are? If I want to walk, I really have to do it in the morning while it's cool. It usually cools off again in the evening, but we often have thunderstorms.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:44 AM   #57  

Where is everyone?

I'm doing great. Food is right on track! Exercise-not so much. I got Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred dvd through Netflix, so I'm going to check that out in the next couple of days. I'd actually planned on doing it today, but my knee is feeling a bit wonky, and I heard that this dvd is pretty rough on the knees.

Have a great Saturday ladies!
Old 06-28-2008, 08:48 PM   #58  

Ok, do we want a new July challenge, today is June 28th so we'd better get one started. Maybe if we start fresh others will join us? We seem to have gotten "off" when we lost pages of data and info on who was "in" and the encouragements.

I cheated one day this week, but have been ON TRACK to the calorie and exercising hard, especially my Body for Life stuff. Was quite sore from lifting heavy weights but I'm able to move again after a week of this. I'm actually on a 12 week challenge but taking it one month at a time! So July bootcamp girls here we go! Let's push it and lose it!
Old 06-28-2008, 09:09 PM   #59  

If this link works, here's where the July bootcamp is going, new thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...92#post2246292