Old 03-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

mrsaugie: Happy Birthday (almost!) My birthday is the 16th!! Don't beat yourself up. Just keep going.

Shay & Enygirl: I'm so proud of both of you with your IE experience. I visited my sister yesterday afternoon and we talked about it. I thought she ordered the book, but she didn't. I really think it can help her and I hope she buys it.

I've got to get busy. Only walked 30 minutes yesterday. I have company arriving on Friday for the weekend.

Enygirl - You're right about men.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

gg - you're doing great! I did 2 miles last night. DD had a really bad night, so we woke up late this morning. I didn't have a chance to do the workout this morning. My eating is really good today. I do literally have to stop in the middle of the meal and assess my hunger though - that's still a little weird. I like listening to my body rather then the packaging though.

I'm SO excited about the book.. Shay how's the reading coming? I know I ordered the smae book that you said you're reading.

Today's day 4 - so far so good!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #33  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone,
Thanks ggmugsy--I feel really great. Today is Day 21 and it looks like I will make it through.

Enygirl--I am on Chapter 9. I love the book!!!
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #34  

Hey guys! What's the IE author's name? I wonder if he is the same guy doing the show I have seen advertised. "I Can Make You Thin" or something like that. He starts just like that dreaded Akovar commercial, "Eat all you want and still lose weight." I HATE THAT COMMERCIAL!!! I seriously mute the TV whenever it comes on. Those people ought to be taken out and horse whipped.

I'll try to get his name and the name of the show next time I see the commercial but it sounds a lot like IE.

I just made linguini & clam sauce and it was SO EASY and FAST. Healthy, too.

Enygirl - I love your banner about busting through the plateau! My WL is going so slow. I'm trying to kick it in the butt. I did two FIRM workouts back to back today and I'm already feeling it.

See ya'all tomorrow!!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:27 AM   #35  

I feel you GG! I've been in the #180's since DECEMBER!!! I've been in the lower #180's since the beginning of the year. Now I know a lot of it is my fault - I'm not kicking butt as hard as I was in the beginning, but a lot of it is a time thing... and I'm tired! I did do a stretch video this moring, I was goign to do the Thin Thighs video too until I looked at the clock and realized I had 15 minutes to get myself and DD ready and out the door.

I'm going to start doing the Slim in 6 again. The workout itself is boring - but I had GREAT results with it in the beginning. I'll probably do week 3-6 every day for the next 4 weeks and do something lighter on the 7th day of the week. Then after my plan is to mix it up a bit.

I HAVE TO DO THIS! The eating is going great! I caught myself grabbing some "bordom" food yesterday - and stopped before it went in my mouth... small NSV for me.

Here's to day 5! I'm ging out to lunch w/ a coworker, my sister and hopefully DBF (if he wakes up ) It'll be good though... Only eating as much as makes me full - not stuffed
Old 03-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #36  

I got my weight loss journal out last night and discovered that about every 10 pounds I get STUCK. I dipped into 179 on February 16th and have been hovering here for nearly a month. I don't get it. I'm frustrated. I worked out 112 minutes yesterday and I'm going to try to do at least 90 more today. I've GOT to get through this. I also gain weight when I ovulate. What is it with that??

I have a friend coming to town on Friday and will be here all weekend. I'm thrilled to see her but I know there's going to be a lot of partying and what I really want to do is just work out like crazy. Do you think she'll drink beer while I sweat on the TreadClimber??

These are the times I need to focus on NSV's and just keep plowing forward. Just keep going . . . . (sigh!!) . . .
Old 03-12-2008, 08:13 PM   #37  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

i understand the stuck feeling. i have been stuck for the better part of a year.
i will say joining this challlange has really helped me regain my focus and helped me get back on the right track thank you so much for that little bust.

gg-- thank you for the b-day wish and the same to you.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:59 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi guys! I've had my head stuck in the sand for a few days- I am sooooo frustrated. I just can't seem to get this weight to budge! But, I was watching the Biggest Loser last night and I felt like Jillian was talking directly to me. Maybe it's as simple as just getting more sleep. My sleep habits are a mess right now. Wouldn't it be great if it were that easy?

Hey gg- did you watch TBL? Bob said something about tricking your body with a treat day. Maybe you are too good!

C'est la Vie... we'll get there! (It might take FOREVER, but...)
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #39  

TTTA - I did watch TBL and you and I think a LOT alike!! I keep thinking about the sleep thing Jillian said, too. I NEVER get 8 hours of sleep during the week but I try to make up for it on the weekends. Today, I was up at 4:15 am to get my son to school to leave for state. Tried to get some more sleep when I came home, but it wasn't easy.

I went clothes shopping yesterday and although I found several size 14s (in women's sizes) that were too big, I didn't buy anything. I just don't like the fashion out there these days. I look hideous in that bright green that's so popular and the pants below the belly button look terrible on me. I learned a long time ago my fanny looks best in jeans with no pockets. Couldn't find any of those unless they were made from stretch denim. It was not a good shopping day.

I've been trying to not drink wine and it makes me unhappy. I feel deprived, so last night I had some. It was DELICIOUS!!

Being stuck at this current weight wouldn't nearly be such a big deal if I wasn't in TBL challenge. I'm seriously thinking when they have another one I won't do it. I get freaky about the number on the scale and the daily ups and downs drive me crazy. I really don't care how long it takes to lose it. If I didn't have a team to confess to I would be kinder to myself. I really admire Shay for not participating in it.

What's helped me get past plateaus in the past is:
1) Eating more fish. Fewer calories and less fat than chicken.
2) Work out twice a day for at least 25 minutes each workout. I think the double day keeps my metabolism up higher. I do even better when I have a 35 - 45 minute morning workout and then another 25 minutes in the evening.
3) Be religious about not eating after 6:00 - 6:30 pm.
4) Drink a ton of water.
5) Avoid salt.

I know I've had a difficult time eating before 6:30 pm since the time change. I need to watch that. I did a double day on Tuesday, but I didn't do it yesterday. Gotta kick it into gear.

Big HUGS everybody!!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #40  

GG - - step back - take a DEEP BREATH and relax! Pour a glass of wine - and just CHILL!

You know what you need to do.. and stressing about it won't help you at all.

It'll be ok - just revamp, refocus and keep going! I have 5 days until weigh in - I'm nervous - especially since TOM showed up.. but we're MOVING FORWARD!
Old 03-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #41  
My Evolution

I tried to post yesterday and it said the server was busy. Oh well here I am now.

Today is Day 24. I've finally not been on the scale for a couple of days straight now. What I have learned is I am maintaining even though I am eating what I want when hungry. The reason I know I'm maintaining rather than losing is because I need to stop earlier than I do. I take 5 bites when 3 would have been more than enough. Still a work in progress. My schedule has been ridiculous but I am managing.

ggmugsy--The book we're reading is written by two women. I know the guy you're talking about though. I think he might be using hypnosis. About TBL--its bad for my health. The team didn't ever put pressure on me I just put so much on myself. I am excelling now that I have loosened the reins.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:17 AM   #42  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggmugsy View Post
Elyn - The pic of your dog is just precious! Are you on an organized plan? What kind of exercise do you enjoy?
Thanks.

You have great strategies for overcoming those dreaded plateaus. I'm on one right now, and it always throws me off, so I've been bingeing for almost a week that I've actually gained 1.3lb

Need to get myself together.

I'm not really on an organized plan. I sort of count calories, I have a diet software where I can log my food and exercise journals, and I listen to some self hypnosis tapes.
For exercise, I just walk on my treadmill or some aerobic video for at least 30 min. daily. So I don't really come close to your exercise efforts

Have a great day everyone.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:14 PM   #43  

Elyn - I think 30 minutes a day is great. Don't feel bad about the plateau. I'm up 2 pounds from last week. I keep thinking it will magically be gone, but I've been up 2 - 3 pounds every time I weigh since last Tuesday. Slow and steady wins the race. I just need to keep reminding myself!!

My friend, Kim, came over from the coast and we had a pre-birthday party last night. Ate too much, drank too much . . . all in all, we had a FABULOUS time.

TTTA - It's GREAT to see you here. We are all here for you through the ups and the downs.

I don't know what I'm going to do for my weigh in on Monday. I can take a freebie week, but I have only one left and TOM will be making me puffy next week. Shay - this TBL thing is unhealthy for me, too. I've thought about dropping out but I'm so close to finishing I think I'll stick it out.

Enygirl - You always have fun stuff going on during the weekend. Whatcha up to??

Last edited by ggmugsy; 03-15-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:07 AM   #44  

gg - get this - My weekend has consisted of pigging out - succumbing to TOM's ravenous cravings and desperately trying to finish a blanket that my sister paid me to make. Oh and cleaning my destroyed house. Nothing too exciting.

I made it through 6 days - but couldn't do it after that... so It's Sunday and I'm starting all over again. I'm sure that I'm up and there's NO WAY I'm hitting the St. Patty's goal. It's sad that I've been bouncing #5 for 3 months!!!

Here's to starting again - and NOT GIVING UP!!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 02:41 PM   #45  
My Evolution

Okay everyone it is confession time. I made it through 24 binge free days but didn't make it to 25. Yesterday was a disaster. But you know what? I am so proud of myself for making it to 24. I have not been able to go that long without bingeing for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Today is day 1. My friend at work got her IE book yesterday so here's hoping she gets a chance to start reading her book so we can do it together. I already know what my 10 day reward will be. Either a few new cds or games for my computer.