Old 01-09-2008, 02:26 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hello Everyone! Ok here's a question for all - What is the ULTIMATE GIFT you're giving yourself when you hit goal? I know we all give ourselves little rewards of some sort during this whole process to kepp this going - but what are you giving yourself in the bitter end?

Mine - I'm giving myself wings! I've always wanted tattooed wings (fairy specifically) on my back - and when I hit my goal weight I'm going to get them! I'm SO excited! The only thing is they are going to be quite expensive - probably about $100-$200. So here's what I'm doing - I started a "wing jar" - I'm giving myself $1 everyday that I stay with in my calories for the day (1100-1300) and $5 a week every week I go over my loss goal (#1.5/week) - I tracked things back to the 30th - and so far I already have $10! WOO HOO This could potentially add up really fast - and that'd be awesome - then i could give myself more when I hit goal!

I got the idea from another girl on a different thread - but I think it's awesome.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #32  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Well I had originally planned to get a butterfly tattoo above my belly button once I got skinny. I got tired of waiting so I got the butterfly tattoo on the top of my foot about 2.5 years ago. So now the answer is a cruise. I've never been on one so that will be my big prize at the end.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:10 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Enygirl- your ultimate gift sounds very cool! How unique, I bet it will be beautiful!

Shay- 5 lbs!!! Woohoo!!!

Sarica- I am a member of the Y, and it is so wonderful! It's like my 3FCs away from 3FCs, the trainers are so supportive and the fitlinx program keeps me honest. The accountability system your company has set up is intriguing, do you think having to go twice a week to keep it will motivate you?

ggmugsy- have you ever been cross country skiing? My husband and I have joked about going every day for a month, we'd be skinny in no time! The last time I went I lost 5 lbs by the end of the day. That might end the plateau... hee hee!

I have actually PLANNED my meals for 3 days now, what a difference it s making! Go figure, we eat every day and it doesn't have to be a surprise... I am surprising myself with the amount of food I consume when I'm not paying attention- I have been just keeping little notes about things I thinking about eating during the day. Today I realized that if I weren't paying attention I would have had starbucks twice, a rice krispy treat (the enormous ones) and bag of potato chips. Yikes! I'm feeling awesome like a rockstar right now!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:06 AM   #34  
My Evolution

TTTA--I am excited about the 5 lbs too. Although I think my body has caught up with this staying on plan thing bc since Tuesday I've only lost 1lb. That's okay bc I've lost more than I planned so far anyway. I think by next week my body will have fully adjusted and I will get back to my normal ways of losing which averages about 3 lbs a week. I weigh in officially on Sunday.

You are a rockstar!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:44 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

TTTA - I have been cross country skiing. It's a lot of fun and a great workout. One of the girls on my downhill team is really into cross country. My sister just bought cc equipment to go with her. For me the problem is they go in the evening or on the weekends and that's my family time. I'd love it if I had somebody to ski with during the day. I'd need to buy the equipment, too. I'll keep that in mind though. Maybe I can drag my husband along.

I love rice krispy treats. Don't have a tattoo and the only piercings I have is in my ears.

I traveled so much when I was working that I avoid traveling like the plague. We have a niece getting married in Jamaica in June but we've been there before and are not planning on going back. A cruise sounds fun. I love snorkeling. Truthfully, my goal seems so far away I have a hard time picturing it.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:02 PM   #36  
My Evolution

ggmugsy--I love rice krispie treats also. When they are on sale I buy the small 90 calorie ones and work them into my points for the day. I can't remember if they are 2 or 3 points. Very doable.

How's everyone doing? I'm still on plan. I will most likely post at least a 2lb loss tomorrow. Seeing as it is the first week for TBL challenge I was hoping for more but after losing 5 last week and it not being a full week for me I'm happy with it.

Last edited by Shay; 01-12-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:05 PM   #37  

I'm on plan! Having a relaxing weekend at home. Can't wait to find out what team I'm on. It would be awesome if all of us from this group were on the same team. Probably won't happen, but I can hope!

I had sclerotherapy yesterday. Getting rid of some varicose and spider veins. Walking tenderly but feeling good!!

Hope everybody has a great weekend!
Old 01-13-2008, 12:34 AM   #38  

I'm doing great with planning meals and drinking water, but the exercise piece is falling apart! I can't seem to find time to get to the gym with taking care of my mom... it will get easier (just keep repeating it, right?)!

How many of you guys count calories? What is your daily amount you plan for? I am having a heck of a time figuring out where to cut, I suppose protein is the answer but it seems like I am just always hungry!
Old 01-13-2008, 08:11 AM   #39  
My Evolution

TTTA--I count points so I can't help you on that. Great job on the meals and water. The exercise--do it when you can.

ggmugsy--Good to hear you're on plan and doing well. We're not on the same team for the challenge.

I weighed in today and I'm down 3 lbs. I'm happy with that because I'm still on schedule.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:52 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Shay - good job! I'm down only #1 - but I'm still happy. I had 2 HUGE binge days Fri & Sat - and I start TOM on Friday - which means an automatic #2 gain for the week.

TTTA - I'm a calorie counter. I stay between 1100-1300 a day. When I stay on plan all week (ha ha) I lose about #2.5-#3. Generally I have a few bad days and my average is #1.5-#2 a week... which I'm happy with. I never cut out anything other then eating what I knew I should be... a lot less potato chips and chocolate and a lot more fruits! I was really hungry in the beginning when I was figuring my balance but my day goes something like this: Breakfast 200 cals, lunch 400 cals, snack 100 cals, dinner 500 cals. That balance helps sustain me through out the day. Also when i start feeling a craving later at night then I just go to bed - being in hunger mode while sleeping isn't a bad thing - and if you don't eat about 3 hours before then your body burn the stored fat rather then newly ingested carbs... I'd like to keep getting rid of the stored fat Also - DRINK WATER!!! I drink a minimum of 64 oz but generally 80 oz a day - it does help you to feel fuller.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #41  

TTTA - I'm on Weight Watchers like Shay so I count points, too. Fit Day is free, I wonder if they help you decide how many calories you should eat. Sometimes I disagree with the way WW calculates points so I've used Fit Day several times for a 2nd opinion. My background is in accounting so when something doesn't add up it irks me to no end!!!

I was SHOCKED (in a good way) at my WI this morning. I've broken through the plateau!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:47 PM   #42  

Thanks Enygirl and ggmugsy! My mom, husband, and I are thinking about joining weight watchers. The points system seems very smart! I think I'll go check out fitday...

Have a good week all!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:40 PM   #43  
My Evolution

Congrats on the losses Enygirl and ggmugsy! Plateaus are so frustrating so happy you could break through to the other side ggmugsy. TTTA-I love WW!

Last edited by Shay; 01-14-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:35 AM   #44  

Thank you!!

Taking the pic for TBL challenge was eye opening. I've added abs to my daily workout! If you want motivation for working out, have somebody take a picture of you in a workout outfit!! EEEEEEEK!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:46 PM   #45  
My Evolution

ggmugsy--I am so proud of you for taking those pictures! It's not like I'm concerned what others would think of me--that's never an issue for me--but I'm embarrassed for myself. Like, Diva, on your team I will post once I get to goal.