Old 03-20-2007, 01:27 PM   #16  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up

Hello, girls! Checking in - late.

Robin, my avatar is a picture of my cat, Sox, in his usual position. He's old and ornery and insists on sitting on my lap while I'm at the computer, and he puts his little front paws on the wrist-rest as I type. I think he likes to watch my fingers while I type (he's very odd) and every once in a while tries to steal a headscratch by sticking his head under my fingers. When I do my morning 3FC posts - there he is! I took a picture of it the other morning with my webcam.

Glad to see everyone's started the week ready and raring to go - keep it going! We all know that planning goes a long way toward success, and I'm glad we got ourselves off to a great start this week. And if any of you feel that you maybe did NOT get off to such a great start... start over! Today!! No time like the present; no day like today.

Not much time for personals today... although I will say to Jeni that I can tell you exactly why nobody does the Summit Climber - that thing is HARD! You have my respect for being able to do what you do on it; I only last about ten minutes on it before feeling completely wiped out!

Okay - got to run now - but there's always time for WEED:

W: 100 oz
E: Already done! 30 mins hard cardio @ gym during lunch hour
E: 1400 cals - a little more than usual, but I'm cooking dinner for DH and a few of his friends from the organ shop as a "thank-you" for doing us a favor
D: Mind, Mouth, Muscle - take care of them all!!

Hope you're all having a terrific day! I will try to pop back in later tonight to catch up on everyone's lives.
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:33 PM   #17  

Hi everyone -- Robin -- I hope your daughter feels better.
I can't stand the mood swings that follow the weight on the scales, yesterday I was up because I was "down" but today I'm down because I was "up"!! I officially weigh in on Monday's but I'm just scale obsessed and can't stay away from them. So, I've decided I just need to work through it. I've tried putting them away, getting rid of them, etc. I think I just need to learn to try to ignore them a bit, but it's rough. However, I'm definitely noticing a body change -- I've lost a lot of my "back fat", my chest and thighs, so I can wear alot more of my clothes -- I guess I just can't understand how I can feel so much thinner but not have lost anymore weight!!!!

Okay, done rambling (sorry) It does help to write it down unfortunately that means you guys get to read my boring ramblings!! Thanks.

WEED for the week --
W -- Lots of it!!
E -- Too much party stuff to plan for Nicholas, so I'm shooting for 3 instead of five days at the YMCA this week.
E -- Not to let the scales lead to a binge
D -- I can do this!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:22 PM   #18  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys. not doing to great this afternoon. My cat of 9 years passed away. He just got sick. We don't feed him wet cat food, so the recall shouldn't have been the problem. I am so sad. I am skipping the gym tonight and taking care of HUBBY. He was his cat before we got together.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:22 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone. To anyone who asked my plans for spring break....I've got NO plans. LOL. I plan on doing nothing but relaxing. And working out of course!

I didn't get on earlier, so I really don't have any WEED for today....I suppose I could do one for tomorrow. Nah...I think I'll wait for tomorrow. Just wanted to pop in and say hi. Feeling a little down right now, so I thought I'd come here and post to keep myself from eating everything in the house!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:56 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Suz- What a cute kitty.

Shelby- You can't always go by the scale. If your clothes are fitting better than that's great. You could be gaining muscle and that's why you weigh more. Water weight could be another reason. You just never know. Have you taken your measurements? I took mine the other day and I'm down in my bust and hips. Yippie!

Jeni- I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. The first thing I thought of was the recall of the cat food. If you didn't feed him wet food that shouldn't be what cased his death. Take care.

LaBonita- Cheer up. We are always here to help you through bad times.

I just popped in to report that I took the dog for a walk instead of doing the treadmill this evening. It was cold (39 degrees), but I survived. So my WEED is done for the day. Now I'm off to watch American Idol and relax with a nice cup of tea. I hope everyone enjoys their evening.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:40 PM   #21  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh Jeni I am so sorry to hear about your cat. How terribly sad for you and your family. Hang in there love, it will get easier. *hugs*
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:56 PM   #22  
Suz

Unhappy

Jeni -

I'm so sorry for your family's loss... losing an animal companion is so heartwrenching. I hope your family can find comfort in the good memories and the knowledge that you gave a good, loving home to your kitty. He must have been a very special guy...

Take good care of yourself and your family tonight.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:51 PM   #23  

Jeni -- So sorry to hear about your cat, they are such cool "people", I had two girls I toated from NY to WI and back to NY when I was younger. Your house must feel empty but it will get better. Had he been sick?

Paula -- Nice job on walking the dog -- I wish ours had good enough manners to take walking and out of the back yard!! I always prefer the outdoor walks to the treadmill. That fresh air, even if it's cold feels so good.

LaBonita -- STEP AWAY FROM THE COOKIE AND NOBODY WILL GET HURT!! Seriously, stay out of the kitchen, go to bed, read a book, do some situps, take a bubble bath, etc. just don't start eating.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:46 PM   #24  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Hi all,
Thought I would jump on for a quick post before getting ready for bed. Lately I've been going to bed much later than I would like, which makes a 6:15 wake up call hard to answer.

At any rate. Today I had an afternoon to myself. My neighbor took my little one while my DD went to preschool. Of course I couldn't find anything to buy because I was by myself. But I imagined all of the things I was going to purchase when I get to goal. Actually I plan to buy myself some new jammies when I reach my end of month goal. So April 1 I'm going to be cute.

Today I was very proud of myself. Since I was trying to make the most of my time out, I dripped my son off without lunch...not good, but before I dropped everyone off, I went to costco and bought a bag of sugar snap peas. So my DD and I snacked on those. Usually I would've gone thru a drive thru, but I resisted the temptation. Even still, I didn't binge at dinner and while the family had a cookie for desert, I made myself a pumkin pie smoothie. Then i did my 2 mile WATP while watching American Idol, so I logged 5 miles today...YIPPIE!

Well enough about my day JEN- sorry to hear about your cat.

LaBonita-enjoy your spring break.

Paula-great job on the WEED today.

Shelby-Hang in there. Don't let the scale get to you. If you're getting healther, then don't worry about the weight. It'll come.

Artsy-Still impressed, not only are you walking early, but walking outside. I am such a weenie. It's been about 40ish and I am whining. keep it up girl!

Suz-Thanks so much for those pep talks. Are you some kind of motivational speaker. If not, maybe that's something to consider...

Hello to anyone else I missed. I know I said i was keepin it short....Ha!

Well since I am on the planning boat here's my WEED for tomorrow:

W-64 oz
E-4 mile watp
E-4 planned meals.more veggies. Just heard on the news (as I was typing) that we need at least 3 veggies everyday and 2 fruits and that only 11% of Americans were getting this.
D-Do it, and love it!
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:54 PM   #25  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

that pumpkin pie smoothie sounds fantastic (i'm a sucker for pumpkin pie) would you mind sharing a recipe??
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:47 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Good Morning ladies- I'm 1 & 1/2 pounds down from yesterday. When I stepped on the scale this morning it said 180. I'm not going to record the new weight yet. As you know I'm a daily weigher so lets see what happens in the next couple days. The exercise really does help.
I couldn't sleep again last night. My hubby couldn't sleep either. He ended up going on the couch and fell asleep. I still tossed and turned. Now I'm tired this morning.
I have to make a trip to the store today. I'm out of veggies and my milk expired a week ago. Lucky for me 1 % milk can be kept after the expiration date and still be ok. I think it will be another tilapia day today. I haven't decided yet how I'm going to make it.
So who watched American Idol last night? My favorites are Blake and Melinda this week. I called in voted for Melinda.

Shelby- It's not that my dog is well behaved. It's that he's a mini-dachshund so he's easy to keep under control. He loves to go for a walk though. Every time I put on my shoes he thinks we're going for a walk. He follows me around and hopes.

LaBonita- How are you feeling this morning? Did you stay away from the kitchen last night?

Jeni- How are you and the family this morning?

Today's WEED:

W- 3-4 bottles
E- I think today I'll do one of my old exercise tapes and walk for 30 minutes.
E- try tilapia again and eat lots of veggies.
D- Enjoy the day. No real plans again today.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:33 AM   #27  
Calorie Counter

Thanks ladies for the condolences and kind words. He had been sick for about 2 weeks, (by sick I mean not himself moving slower, breathing harder). Unfortunately we couldn't afford to take him to the vet, but we didn't think he was that bad. We were very wrong. DH called me at work to let me know, he was our first baby. I finally got to cry it out with DH last night. He will be sorely missed by our entire family. (I cant help but wonder if someone fed him the tainted cat food, I cant prove it, but we have a lot of people in our neighborhood that feed outside cats. I just wonder.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did skip the gym last night, but I did get in that hike. It was about 90 minutes long 45 minutes uphill. It was a great workout itself.

BIL got a job at OS. I don't get along with him so I hope we are not on the same shift.

I overslept this morning not by much but I cant do that again!!

Sorry guys No personals,

w-96
e-60 minutes
e1200 cals
d do more weight lifting
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #28  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi ya gals! I'm late posting today. I took the day off of exercise and slept in. My headache is back since yesterday and I'm trying to baby it so I can get through church and choir rehersal tonight without to much trouble.

On a much happier note-I PASSED MY GOAL!!!!!!! I'm at 128.5 this morning.

W-64+
E-day off no guilt
E-healthy
D-take care of myself

Jeni-I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your four pawed kid. It is so heartwrenching to lose them.

Paula-Great job on the loss! Tilapia again, this week we bought tortilla crusted ones and hubby baked them up. I loved them but I like fish. Hope you find a recipe to suit you. My dogs dont behave on our walks either. The one barks at anything that moves and the other has her nose to the ground, following a scent and gets mad when you dont go where she wants to!

lovemacon-Congrats on a free afternoon. What are you going to do for your final reward? I like the new jammies for the monthly goal. Good job sticking to your eating program yesterday.

LaBonita-Enjoy your planless spring break. I hope it refreshes you so your ready for the rest of your semester.

Sheby-If you weigh every day you really do need to approach it with a sense of detachment. I've been doing it for so long I really dont freak out until I see a trend of up for a week or two. Your body changing makes more excitement than a number anyway. I had lots of back fat too. Yuck! I was so glad when that started going away.

Suz-Cute kitty. I love your go get 'em attitude. Thanks for the boost.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:17 AM   #29  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

CONGRATULATIONS BRANDY!!!!

Way to go!!!! How totally and completely AWESOME. I am so very happy for you. I can not even begin to imagine how you are feeling. So, ummm, just how ARE you feeling today? I mean elated, proud, estatic, incredible and all just doesn't seem to cut it.

Got any before and after pics you'd care to share? I love looking at those. Anyway, enjoy your day and enjoy yourself and your new gorgeous and improved body and self.

rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:21 AM   #30  
Suz

Jeni - that's a good point, it's possible that someone may have fed your kitty-boy some of that tainted food. Evidently the tainted food has been attacking the renal systems of the animals who have gotten sick, causing kidney failure. Cats are especially susceptible to renal issues. OR, he may have been poisoned. It boils my blood to even think about that... but there are so many wackaloons out there that get a sick kick out of being cruel to animals, and I've seen a lot of it firsthand. I hope that if someone did this to your kitty that karma turns right back around and bites them in the @ss - hard.

On a much, much lighter note:

Brandy - WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO for passing your goal!!!!!!!!!! How great does THAT feel! I am so glad that we were all here to see you do it. You have given me renewed motivation that yes, I CAN do this! Good for you, and WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!

Paula - I've got leftover tilapia for lunch today. I made broiled tilapia parmesan on Monday and served it over noodles with a salad - pretty tasty! I don't know how low-cal it is, but whenever I make it, I eat very light all day in preparation for it because it is SO good.

lovemacon - good for you for being so disciplined and making good choices! That's the way to do it... one choice at a time. And no, I've never considered being a motivational speaker - but I am passionate about helping myself and others see their fantastic potential, and I guess it shows through sometimes. I've been writing snippets here and there in my private diary with the hopes of maybe one day being able to put it all together into a book.

Shelby - I've got the same thing going on. My clothes fit great, but the scale isn't moving... and I actually read that this is a good thing, believe it or not. This is a terrific phase in your weight loss; your body is starting to firm and tone because you are building lean muscle mass, which actually makes your body function more efficiently and helps you burn more calories at rest. Keep plugging away at it, because soon the fat pounds WILL start falling off! Persist!

Hellooooo Robin - - how's it going in your neck of the woods? How's DD doing?

LaBonita - enjoy your spring break!!! Boy do I miss those days...

*~*~*~*~*

Today promises to really be awful here at work, so this is probably going to be my one and only chance at WEED today:

W - 100 oz
E - taking a day OFF!
E - 1200 calories
D - plan ahead, don't let the stress throw me off my planned course, and get the job DONE today!

Up and at 'em, girls!!! Make today a great one!!!

Oh, and

Happy Spring!!!