Old 03-12-2007, 10:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Default 40 Days and 40 Nights Chat Week Three 03/12

I hope no one minds that I'm starting a new thread for week three.

I'm still hanging in there. I was talking to a friend this weekend at lunch (over my lettuce and dressing) about how I'm looking forward to the end of Lent. He had asked, "I bet you're going to hit up Baskin Robbins, right?" To which I replied, "Oh no, I'm getting bread and steak. I need nourishment!" Evidently, that was one of the saddest things he had ever heard. The longer this goes on, the more it seems like a really bad idea, but I have to see this through.

Anyway, I hope everyone else has gotten through the weekend all right.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:30 PM   #2  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Height: 5'5"

great! A new week, a new thread. I always feel better when we have a new thread because I've made it through a new week.
My weekend went well with getting lots of exercise. I helped one of my close friends move, which was A LOT of work (walking, bending, lifting, carrying) and I did yard work on Sunday. I'm still doing really good with not eating chocolate too. I feel like I'm being sabotaged all the time though. Last fri was my b-day and it felt like everyone "forgot" that I am eating healty now so I got a TON of chocolate. I was able to give it to others and not eat any of it... but I feel bad about it. On the other hand I'm proud that I was able to resist the temptation and not eat it. I can only imagine what my body would do if I tried to eat something full of sugar. It would probably go into shock. I am going to buy one of my most favoritest easter candies for easter sunday. I'm a sucker for Cadburry eggs, and I'm going to allow myself one. I know I shouldn't reward myself with food, but it's not really a reward, per se. It's more of a treat because of the season. And... I know how horridly sweet the silly things are anyway so I'm not sure I'll even be able to eat it. I will probably end up throwing half of it away.

Anyway. I hope all of you are doing great. My weight loss has slowed down a lot, and it's getting discouraging to me, but I know it's just a phase.

keep up the good work
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #3  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I have been MISSING so much of these threads! SORRY GIRLS!!! Been so busy around here. I am going to try and keep up this week I sware!

I have been great. I haven't had artifical sweenter once... BUT I find myself having more and more sugar. I haven't lost any weight and I wonder if that is why. I was told that artifical sweenter made you want sugar when you had it... not when you stopped having it! I have been having fruit juice, cookies, cupcakes, froot loops, etc - all this weekend. It's bad and it needs to stop. My average calories for the past month have been fine so I dunno why I am not lossing... anyway, I have decided I am going to try and cut my calories AND exercise, try and mix it up a bit and see how it goes.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Hey girls! Weekend went well. I had chips yesterday...I completely forgot! Oops. Oh well. I need to do a little better with the exercise challenge. I always have more of a problem with that towards the end of the week and into the weekend.

Hope everyone is doing good!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone!

Glad to see everyone is doing well. It's been getting a little harder for me. My roommate buying Cookie Dough icecream certainly isn't HELPING!!!

I ran 5 miles this Saturday, and today I'm going to venture into the world of swimming! Now if I could just get my weekend eating under control, I might be able to drop a couple pounds!
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:52 PM   #6  

Hello everybody. Hope your day is going well. No junk food here -- of course I did remove everybodies from the house, none of us need it, so that helps a lot.

Hope everyone has a great day.

I need to catch up on my days, need some more dancing smiles!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:47 PM   #7  
Just Do It!

Hey chiquitas!
I am happy to report that i have not eaten any cheese since the start of lent, but I haven't lost because my body wants to replace that with OTHER types of naughtiness, like whole avocadoes and chocolate. Cripes.
chimichanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I'm still going strong! I forgot all about loking for this thread lol. It is getting easier as I go but it could also be the kids ate the creeal I would get in to lol.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:59 PM   #9  
Starting Fresh

its sure quite in here this week!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:16 PM   #10  

Too quiet!!

Even if you only have a moment, any chance people could just say "hi, I'm still here?". Just curious how many of us are left. On the upside, we are over 1/2 way done!!
Old 03-16-2007, 09:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

I'm still here, but I feel like every time I post, it's to complain. I still really want bread and steak. However, on the upside, my weight has remained fairly consistent considering I haven't really been able to make it to the gym lately because of meetings and seminars.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:04 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Another day in!!!!!!!!!!!!
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Are you guys there!? I need some serious help.

There was cake yesterday at work. And I didn't have any, and this lady came up to me and was like, "Aw, you're being good" and I told her "Yea, I prefer your cake to the store bought ones" (The company does a birthday thing once a month, and this lady makes a cake once a month for our departments birthdays. Normally I skip the company thing, but will eat her cake.)

ANYWAY

Today she brought in cake. And I really feel like I should eat some because

a) I really like her cakes and it looks super good and
b) I told her I perfer her cakes so that might have been what prompted her to make it in the first place so if I don't have some....

Like I don't think she'll be mad, or she might not even notice. But... well this is my first big obstacle since the challenge started.

Thoughts? Advice?
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:06 PM   #14  

Amber -- that's a tough one -- maybe she won't notice, or if you take one to your desk but discretely toss it later, so as not to hurt her feelings? I know, it stinks that you mentioned it to her about how good her's was, but did she make it because of that or did she bring it in for something else? Or, ask her if you can take a piece home for later -- then toss.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:17 PM   #15  

Goodbyechubby -- Don't feel like you always complain, that's what we are here for anyway. If it was all good and up days, we wouldn't need this, right? You are doing great!!