Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 11:08 PM   #16  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Well, I've been sleeping my days away for the most part, because I've got some sort of little bug. So of course I haven't been bingeing--gotta love those silver linings.

Day Two, and I hope I can remember later in the week how much better I feel when I don't abuse my digestive system.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:17 AM   #17  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I didnt make it yesterday Im doing my best to not beat myself up.

today is another day.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:44 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 145/137/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by callystia View Post
Day Two, and I hope I can remember later in the week how much better I feel when I don't abuse my digestive system.
Yeah, what's up with all those mental blank spots, when all binge-related memories of physical & emotional pain either disappear or mutate into a seemingly innocent yet urgent yearning for food? (I'd make a great case study, if anyone is interested...)

Phoenix Song & Kate (wherever you are) thank you so much for your support & kind words last week.

Robin, stay tough-- today is another day for me, too.

Take care, everyone.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:00 PM   #19  
Potter Researcher

S/C/G: 298/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Elizabeth, you're very welcome! I'm finding great strength in support in sharing my stories with you all, and am happy to provide a bit of it in return.

Robin, I'm sorry that you didn't make it through yesterday. Please don't try to beat yourself up over it, though. Guilt and remorse tends to usually lead to feeling vulnerable to food cravings (at least it does to me), and you don't want to add fuel to the fire. Remember that if you fall down to not count yourself out! You have the strength to pick yourself back up and try again. You won't win the war in one day, but you will by fighting the battles on a day-to-day basis. Some days you fail, but others you'll triumph! Good luck! I'm sending you some Cheering Charms, Strengthening Charms and Pixie Dust for Will Power!

I managed to make it through yesterday and have done pretty good today as well. That makes me really happy and pleased. Even though I haven't seen much of a difference yet in the scales (only a couple of lbs.) I feel as if I'm winning by learning to control the binges and that stupid voice that says that it'll be okay for me to indulge a bit each day because I really need/deserve it. I'm trying to learn to mentally say "Shut up!" whenever I hear those urges!

I hope that everybody else is doing fine with their goals!

Barb
Old 11-15-2006, 07:07 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

day 2 being binge free. I have to deal with some emotions today but I've held my hands in my pockets and paced the floor.

Rose--start again tomorrow. we are not perfect.

Barb--way to go by telling that voice to shut up.

every one else try to stay binge free.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:44 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Wow, I just checked my food journals and as of today, I've hit 17 days! It's been since, er, Halloween night. That was a bad binge day.

I think 17 days is the longest I've gone for the past year. I think it's a combination of exercise, antidepressants that work, and just being busy so I don't get into my "bored and grazing for an entire afternoon" routine.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:40 AM   #22  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Good morning Girls!!

I was reading the threads here, but I wasn´t in a "posting mood"....but I am binge free since...äh, I guess around 14 days. I am a bit lazy with exercising which lead to pain in my back and shoulders and after all in my right arm and hand (from writing and typing). Oh, and PMS is coming around and I am a bit...unfriendly maybe.
But despite that, I am feeling quite well.

rabidstoat: Congrats on your binge free days! Sounds as if you found a combination which works for you!

Phoenix Song: Hey, even "only a couple of lbs." are a great success!!

elizabeth28: you´re welcome!

I hope everybody is having a nice day with some amount of binge free time!

Kate
Old 11-18-2006, 02:04 PM   #23  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Everybody!

I'm back from a lovely trip to Chicago! It was nice but WAY too much emphasis was placed on where and what to eat. I did exercise everyday so I feel pretty good about that. I did overeat at restaurants but didn't binge. I'm up 2.5lbs, probably from the sodium overload. But, if it is a real gain....I gotta say....IT WAS WORTH IT! I refuse to let it get me down, which will ONLY make me more inclined to binge!

I hope everyone is doing well! Sending everybody lots of good vibes, and

I've got to run now, will try to post more later!
Old 11-19-2006, 11:57 PM   #24  
Potter Researcher

S/C/G: 298/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Elizabeth, that's a terrific attitude to take about weight loss! If you let the teeniest slide let you down it'll push you all of the way down a large mountain before it's over with! Good for you in keeping everything in perspective and keeping a positive attitude!

I'm glad that your trip was a great one!

Kate and rabidstoat, congratulations on being so long binge-free! That's amazing! I know how difficult it is and I'm so pleased for you both!

ceejay, good for you in keeping your emotions in check in whatever way works for you! I'm trying to learn to do that as well. It's not easy, but I'm trying to incorporate different things to do with my hands and different ways of distracting my mind when my emotions yell out to my brain that it has to be fed. I'm so pleased that I have such good inspirations for me to draw strength and hope from!

It was a difficult and trying weekend, but I managed to keep it all together in the binging department. YEAH!! I'm not saying that I didn't eat things that I shouldn't, but I kept it in moderation. I really feel that when I gain the emotional strength to control the binges that the calorie restrictions will be much easier for me to cope with.

I have tried to tackle both monsters before, and found them together to be much more powerful than I was. In dealing with my biggest issue first (binge eating to soothe emotions and worries followed by guilt, shame, and physical pain from being too full), I think that I'll gain strength to tackle a diet and exercise program more faithfully. (Here's hoping!)

I'm now 7 days binge free and looking at tackling the next 7 despite the holiday!

Barb
Old 11-20-2006, 06:18 AM   #25  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Awesome! PhoenixSong, I think you and I are in the same place; yesterday marked seven days binge/purge free for me too!

BTW, I haven't posted yet, but if you see a "Slytherinne" in your forum, it's me.
Closed Thread