Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-03-2006, 08:01 PM   #1  

Default I don't just want to lose weight, I want control over my eating.

I just had to put it in writing.

"I don't just want to lose weight, I want control over my eating."

What I mean by that is, I want to eat right without the constant struggle of appetite vs. motivation. I just want the self-discipline to make it to the next meal without munching on all the stuff lying around at work, to eat the right foods and not have times where I get disgusted and give up "just for this meal" and grab McDonald's or something. I want to just do it, without it being an issue.

I called it "self-discipline" above, but I prefer to think of it as "personal power." I want to improve my personal power.

So I'm writing this as a sort of resolution, getting it on record.

I didn't do that well on my diet this week, partly because of my period, but I said at the outset that nothing is forbidden on the diet, and I had ways to work in some chocolate, and I didn't stick to it. I did well on my exercise, and I didn't binge, but I certainly ate wrong too many times this week.

So... weight loss AND personal power, that's what I'm working towards!
Siena1383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:02 PM   #2  

I have to confess, though, that my "personal power" feels at low ebb right now.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:37 PM   #3  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Hang in there!!! You can do this!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:38 PM   #4  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I agree...sadly, I am feeling pretty powerless right now too...but we'll make it!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:53 PM   #5  

Thanks, Val and Cassie! You are both inspirations to me -- both started about where I did weightwise, and both have lost much more than me. I can't weight (pun intended) to catch up to you!
Old 06-04-2006, 02:57 AM   #6  

I hear you LOUD AND CLEAR on this one. I couldn't have said it better myself. It isn't just about "losing weight"--it's about being in control. Eating when you're hungry and not eating when you're not...being NORMAL.

I wish you luck on your journey. I am right there with you!
MyThreeTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:31 AM   #7  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Very Well Said!

Very well said! I totally agree with you there! I need to do the same thing! Its just so easy to grab fast food. (fast food addict here) That is my major problem. Its like a freaking disease I tell ya! Its like being an "alcoholic" when you see the fast food signs is like seeing a bottle of Gin to an alcoholic for me!!!
So here I'm going to say it, in my own words. I need to regain control over my fast food addictions and maintain it for a healthier lifestyle! How's that?
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:27 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Siena, when you write it down like that, it looks so much more doable. Thank you for this post... it's a good reminder for all of us. We need that personal power in all aspects of our life.
I hope your weekend is going well.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #9  

Thanks, all! Your respeonses are so great!

MyThreeTots, I don't eat when I'm not hungry -- I'm just hungry far too often. LOL, I was talking about getting control of my reaching for food, not getting control of my appetite -- if I could get control of that, I'd be on Easy Street!

Fatt_lady, I am rooting for you on conquering that fast food addiction. I used McD's as an example, but for me, it could be anything, not just fast food.

Ellis, I love that you said it makes it look doable. I'm going to remind myself of that, that it's doable!

I'm doing okay so far today. Oatmeal and a banana for breakfast, then chicken salad on one slice of bread for lunch and some apple juice. Dinner will be fish in a citrus-honey sauce and a broccoli-cauliflower-pasta side. I'm thinking about leaving out the pasta, but there's not much in there to start with. There's still room for fruit and dairy servings for snacks. I will not indulge today in anything else.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:03 PM   #10  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

I agree, I would love to have full control and lose weight to boot. I went to an OA meeting and most of the people there were grossly overweight. One woman stated she was abstinent for a year and was well over 300 pounds.
I do agree that her idea of abstinent could be different of mine, she claimed she hasn't lost weight but hasn't gained any and that was a thrill to her.
I would love to be binge free but I would also like to lose weight as well.
I had a trying couple of days and I'm back on track now...
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:55 PM   #11  
~Believe~

Siena1383 - Oh I understand what you were saying. I was just kinda "confessing" my own "Addictions".

Good Luck!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:52 PM   #12  

Fatt-lady, I understood that. I was just sharing back atcha.

Feeling more in control today, though struggling.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:19 AM   #13  
~Believe~

Siena1383 - I hear ya! I started out with all good intentions and totally blew it today! We went out to eat with a friend we haven't seen in a while and I just blew it! I had a salad, pasta and instead of getting half or more than half put in a box immediately, I ate most of it AND I shared dessert with hub!