Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-22-2006, 06:23 PM   #1  

Default the planning thread week of may 22

well girls i went without a plan today, crappy busy monday. DS left for his class trip at 7am, i had to haul butt back home to pick up DD and DS to get them to school and pack a lunch blah blah blah so it wasn't my healthiest most thoughful day this month but i didn't do that bad. DH is working out of town until tomorrow so i will try my hardest not to try and fill myself with food!

here's how it went so far...
b-fiber 1 skim milk, banana, coffee (forgot my spoon and had to drink my cereal from the bowl) very attractive at my desk at work lol!!
s- grapes
l- didn't stop to eat, got to the point of starvation and made a ham, cheese sandwich on italian bread with a baggie of chips at 3:30pm
s- nada
d- running late still, not enough time to make the grilled chicken i wanted so instead, sloppy joe on a kaiser roll, cheese, chips, applesauce. full!

no exercise, well does shopping count??
me time?? i'm afraid the nicest thing i could do for myself today is go to sleep and try again tomorrow.

have a good one chicks!
justjodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:38 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Jodi, could we please pull ourselves together for tomorrow?

Monday
M1: two eggs, one sausage, two ww toast, hash browns
M2:
M3: huge bowl of cereal w/skim milk
M4: bagel w/cream cheese
M5: inconceivable amount of Jelly Bellys
M6: bagel w/cream cheese
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:39 PM   #3  

Oh yes ellis let's get back on the straight and narrow. you sound like you need a little hug (((ellis))) tomorrow is another banquet aaaacccckkk!! softball this time!! well here goes...

tuesday 5/23
b- skim milk, ww toast, laughing cow, pineapple, coffee
s- banana, water
l- smart ones ravioli, tomato and cuke salad, grapes, water
s- green tea, ff yogurt
d- buffet?? more than likely- chicken, veggie, salad, small portion of potato, coffee no cake, water
no late snack dinner isn't till 7:30pm (yikes)

exercise- just as many steps as i can get
me time- a book or mag and then right to bed!!
Old 05-22-2006, 08:43 PM   #4  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Ok, time for me to really make a plan! I've been trying to keep my calories down, without worrying about specific meals. I just graze till my number is up and then STOP!
I like your 6 meals per day Ellis! I think I'll borrow that idea!

Tuesday:
M1: egg substitute, mushrooms, ff cheese, small apple
M2: grapefruit, 1/2 cup oatmeal
M3: tuna in water, 2 egg whites, baby carrots
M4: cantaloupe wedge, 2 small slices ff turkey breast
M5: broiled salmon, squash casserole(fat free) salad
M6: fat free, sugar free pudding

All this food for under 1500 calories!

exercise: 1 mile dreadmill, 10 miles recumbant bike
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:45 PM   #5  

Thanks, sweetie. Hugs back atcha...

Tuesday
M1: 2 hardboiled eggs, 2 ww toast, banana, two coffees w/skim milk
M2: 1 ww toast w/peanut butter
M3: roast potatoes, onions, carrots
M4: bowl of low-fat cereal w/skim milk
M5: Creamy Caramelized Onion and Leek Soup
M6: 2 bars of toffee and a small container of Pringles
Old 05-22-2006, 08:46 PM   #6  

Hi, Elizabeth!

Here's to a good day for us all tomorrow!
Old 05-24-2006, 09:09 AM   #7  

aaaaaaaaargh!! I'm so mad at myself!! What a crappy day yesterday, and I had such high hopes!

Wednesday
M1: 2 whole wheat toast w/peanut butter, 2 coffees w/skim milk
M2:
M3:
M4:
M5:
M6:
Old 05-25-2006, 09:27 AM   #8  

How are yall doing this here? Are you pre-planning or listing what you have eaten each day after the fact? It would probably be a good idea for me to join in here because I am definitely needing more accountability!
WaterWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:56 AM   #9  

Hey, Water! Welcome!

We're trying to pre-plan because that simplifies things for some of us, but do it whatever way is good for you.

(I seem to have totally screwed up yesterday... will be back later...)
Old 05-25-2006, 11:13 AM   #10  

Thanks Ellis Okay, I will go ahead and tell you my plan since it is the same each day and then I will post what I actually eat :: I am eating three meals per day (no seconds) and *if needed* having a V8 between meals to hold me over. Snacking is a major downfall for me so I am safer if I stay away from it all together.

I subscribe to the Body Clutter Menu Mailer which provides menus and recipes for each week. They are healthy meals from 'scratch' using as close to whole foods as possible, so I feel good about having those meals for dinner each night. A big plus is that they are yummy too! LOL!

So here is my basic plan:

B: 1/2 Coffee, 1/2 2% Milk with a touch of Splenda
Whole Wheat English Muffin topped with something healthy
Sometimes some fruit

S: V8 (12 oz can)

L: Either leftovers from last night's dinner or raw veggies, fruit, and nuts (usually in the form of a salad)

S: V8 (if needed)

D: Entree and sides from the Body Clutter Menu Mailer

So far today:

B: Coffee with milk and Splenda
Whole Wheat English Muffin with Peanut Butter
Old 05-25-2006, 08:12 PM   #11  

sorry i haven't been around much this week, it's so busy here!! kids getting ready for summer break work is nuts, i just want to scream!! TGIF tomorrow!! for real!! long weekend will be here soon. TOM started AGAIN!! this has not been a healthy week for me, i keep giving it a try everyday but, too much junk keeps finding it's way in my mouth!! i'm not even that hungry actually i feel bloated and full, maybe i need some more water??

ellis i hope at this point you are doing better than me (((ellis)))

welcome water and nurse

i'm not even going to attempt planning tomorrow, DH went back out of town this evening for work so all i'm trying for is a no binge night!! maybe i just need a few days to catch my breath?? planning and relaxing starting saturday am!!
Old 05-27-2006, 10:10 AM   #12  

I had good intentions, but did not quite stick to posting what I had eaten :EEK: This next week we are going 'frugal' and are going to stick with what we already have in the pantry and freezer. How bad are Ramen noodles for you? My hubby has decided that we could save lots of money by eating lots of Ramen noodles every other week... I am not too sure about that. I don't think they could possibly be very healthy for you.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:40 AM   #13  

Water, watch the sodium in those noodles. I remember those from my college days.

Jodi... how are you doing, hon?

Gotta pull myself together, here.

M1: two whole wheat toasts w/peanut butter
two coffees w/skim milk
M2: chicken on a bun
M3:
M4:
M5:
M6:
Old 05-27-2006, 03:28 PM   #14  
Shopaholic Anonymous

S/C/G: 180/148/127

Height: 5'5"ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWater
How bad are Ramen noodles for you? My hubby has decided that we could save lots of money by eating lots of Ramen noodles every other week... I am not too sure about that. I don't think they could possibly be very healthy for you.
Hahah, as a college student I rely heavily on the cost-friendly Ramen noodle. As was mentioned above, they are obscenely high in sodium, so if you're keeping an eye on sodium levels they aren't a good idea (may I also say that overprocessed stuff like that that is high in sodium makes you feel horribly bloated and slug-esque the next morning.... )

Also, Ramen noodles, if you prepare them as directed, have a surprisingly high fat count... 9 grams in a serving, I believe, and those cup o' noodles have more than one serving in 'em! Here's what you do: don't buy the cup noodles, buy the ones that come in little square wrapped packages, because in the square ones, the flavor packets are seperate from the noodles. All the fat and sodium is packed in that boullion flavor packet, not in the noodles themselves, so just make the noodles and spice 'em up with something more calorie-smart... I like Old Bay seasoning and steamed shrimp myself (incredibly low in calories, high in protein, and yummmmmmy). Still cheap but also calorie-wise, and filling!

Hope that helps!
mccrew_the_jew is offline   Reply With Quote