Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-31-2017, 08:58 PM   #1  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Default Break the Binge Cycle...Together! February 2017

Come one....come all! Binge eating is something I have struggled with for almost all of my 45 years on this earth. I got things under control for a while when I lost a lot of weight, but here I am again.

I am currently on Day 11 and I am ready to take charge of MY life again! Food will not own me anymore! This thread is one I used to post back in the day and I made it over a year without a binge. I am hoping to be able to do that again and I hope I find some new friends along the way.

No matter where you are on your journey. You are welcome here!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Height: 5'2"

I have struggled for 40 years! Food is not controlling me right now - I've been on the wagon since the beginning of Jan Not weighing myself as my scale is broken at the moment but using my pant size again. I am finally starting to fit into clothes again but it will be another 60 days like this to feel like I am really getting somewhere. I was off the wagon for 4 months and it is amazing how much damage 4 months of binging can do (at least 30-40 lbs )

I am ok as long as I keep to the program but it is kind of like a drug addiction where I am ON or OFF the wagon. I heavily regulate every piece of food I put into my mouth but it is the only way I can control it. I am an emotional eater but not just for negative things! The other day a very exciting thing happened and my FIRST thought was "we should go out to dinner and celebrate". Fortunately we did not go and I stayed on track
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:42 PM   #3  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Harriett!

I am the exact same way. I don't have to be sad to eat, I used to eat ALL the time. Happy, sad, scared, and especially bored.

Way to go for not going out to eat and "celebrate" I have had those same thoughts this week. Tax refunds are due in and the first thing I want to do is take my son out to eat. I won't. So I am trying to change those thoughts with instead of going out to eat, I am going to the grocery store and MAJORLY stock up on healthy foods. To me, that will be fun too. Not quite the same, but I'm learning to find the fun in it again.

Welcome to the group!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:45 PM   #4  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Food is one of my favorite things ever. I'm not ashamed of it, I have a french heritage and cooking/eating is one of my families greatest passions. Like literally every get together food is the center and passion. We try everything, comment on everything, and judge everything haha.

Just because my family is obsessed with food I can't blame them for being overweight. That is my undoing and I think the biggest culprits are desserts and drinking.

I think my biggest undoing is the work kitchen. For example two weeks ago on friday, we had nino's pistachio jumbo muffins in. I think those things are better than crack. I ate one at my desk, then ate another in the kitchen a half hour later, and then a 3rd another hour later. It was probably at least 1,200 calories in muffins. I told myself it was OK because I could just eat a light dinner, but deep down I knew that wouldn't happen. Those huge muffins only filled me up for 3 hours and then I was in the mood for noodles. I tried to control myself but at dinner I ate probably 3 servings out at dinner with my friends with thai noodles.

*Sigh* and last weekend I'm not even sure how much I drank saturday night. Normally I wouldn't have dranken THAT much, but it was like every annoying person I know (and there really isn't that many) had decided to join us for the evening at my friends birthday parties and sit next to me (there were 2 parties back to back). If I had to guess: 2 glasses of wine, part of a beer, 4 shots of whiskey? haha. Lordy may. I got on the scale the following day and almost fainted (I'm sure most of it was just water).

So I probably won't drink like that again for a while at least.

Anyway I'm just writing to ease my mind, because it's Friday again. The kitchen has got vanilla cupcake and apple turnovers. And I'm just here eating my banana like =__= because I am SO hungry after my hard work all week, but I gotta save those calories because it's my Dad's birthday celebration tonight and we are going out.

People stop celebrating your birthday!!! JK These birthdays are killing me.
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/172/153

Height: 5"3

I've been doing really well over the last six months I can't remember the last time I binged maybe twice in the last 6 months, I did find on Friday when I knew I was going to a party my frame of mind switched but I did do some damage control; I did buy some junk food but it was 1 serving of crisps and 1 small portion of chocolate on Friday and Saturday and my boyfriend did get fast food but I had some of his rather than get some for myself.

That's a big improvement on previously buying multipacks or getting take out anytime my boyfriend was getting it.
mynameisyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:26 PM   #6  

Default I Never Really Realized

I never really realized how I ate at night. I am always full...but I kept cramming things into my pie hole. I have been tracking calories and I actually am fine all day until around 8pm...then in an hour I will eat as many as twice the amount of calories in that hour as I do all day.
So, now I just make a conscience effort to knock it off. It is not easy. I am trying to get back in shape, take control of some of my ridiculous habits..one of them being this 'eating a buffet at 8pm', as my husband calls it.
The other day my daughter brought home a box of Girl Scout cookies. My daughter hands me THE BOX. I was like "Wait, how many calories is in a serving?" I can eat a few cookies...I just don't need to eat the whole dang box! She read the serving size to me and then gave me three cookies. She kind of giggled and waited for me to tell her to give me three more..but I did not. Those three were delicious and it was enough.....I did have to tell myself that about ten times in 20 seconds, but I only had the three cookies.

Just working out a bit everyday and being aware of how many more calories I DO NOT NEED in a day is helping me lose weight and keep myself in check. I have been at this since the end of December and I can see my shape changing very slowly! But...it is a struggle.
Rachel76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/182/140

Height: 5'6"

I've binged pretty much since I was 16. It was mainly because, due to my social anxiety, I hardly ever went out. But being at home, I got bored so started snacking. When I went to university, I still binged, but not as much (mainly because I couldn't afford binge food). Now I'm noticing that I'm doing it again and once again, it's because I'm home, alone and bored.

I've started going for walks when I get that craving feeling, but there's only so many walks you can go on every day XD
GingerKibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:18 AM   #8  
Tough Turtle

Hello ladies it's friday again and today it's bagels...hahaha. I really am a creature of habit I have this agonizing craving to binge every friday at work it seems. I'm allowing myself one cheese bagel with no spread for lunch (not really a sacrifice since I'm not really into spreads). I keep thinking about how nice it would be to eat 2 although. They have the cinnamon sugar ones with the crunchy topping I love (although 2nd place to cheese). My stomach is grumbling and I'm making myself wait till 11:45 to eat my bagel. Which is less than a half hour away, but I want to eat my hand at this point rofl. Whhhyy do fridays make me soo hungry??!!
Old 02-17-2017, 03:30 PM   #9  
Tough Turtle

Checking in again on Friday. Mentally preparing myself for the weekend ahead. I managed to dodge the entenmann's donuts in the kitchen (no easy task) but started feeling very wilt-y plant around 3, like crumbling apart from hunger lol. I had some better made bbq chips I found in the kitchen, and I perked right on up. I have to be very careful tonight though, I am buying chinese food, my boyfriend is getting desserts, and we are drinking doing dungeon & dragons. I'm DM-ing for the first time and have to admit kind of nervous and dreading it a bit. I think the best way to have a good time and not go over my calories is prioritize wine over eating haha. No, but seriously.

Just trying hard to get back on track, Valentine's day was kind of a mess for me and even though it was one day I feel like I gained 1,000 lbs.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:35 PM   #10  
Big Dreamer

S/C/G: 150/144.2/132

Height: 5-4

Hi ladies! When I saw this thread, I knew I needed to join. I can relate to everything you've posted. I have done much better not binging since I joined 3FC towards the end of January...the accountability is helping. I tell myself I'm not a human garbage can that all the food in the house has to pass through. I can throw food away too...it doesn't have to be eaten. Wine is my downfall too, though I've gotten to where I drink it only once a week. When I drink it, I get hungry and don't have has much control over my eating. Well, there is all of my dirty laundry...I hope you'll still let me participate.
Sperrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:12 PM   #11  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I'm joining as well because right now I really want to binge. I'm having a strong desire to go out a get a couple boxes of oreos and chow threw them until I hate myself.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:31 PM   #12  

Hi I'm new to weight watchers just joined two weeks ago. My husband and I both have a bad habit of overeating. Bad timing to start weight watchers around Valentines, as we went on our annual valentines weekend getaway and ate way too much. After much drinking, and being buzzed we decided to take a walk and it just so happened there was a melting pot right around the corner of our hotel. Being the chronic over eaters that we are, and having had too many drinks, we could not stop ourselves from getting the late night special of cheese and chocolate fondue with a bottle of wine. It was amazing ya'll, but I woke up with so much guilt the next morning, it really was not worth it at all. So we blew through all of our daily and weekly points just in 2 days, wow I have never been so disappointed in myself. This week starts a new week and we hope to do much better!
babs3289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:03 AM   #13  
Tough Turtle

Hello ladies I'm back...with some kinda miracle I survived the weekend. I thought I had destroyed myself for sure. Ended up having 3 glasses of wine friday, 6 on Saturday, and 1 on Sunday....lordy mae!

I tried not to eat a lot of actual food to supplement the wine and ice cream sandwiches I had. I ended up losing just a nip, but so much better than gaining!

Um...don't be like me. . My goal for next weekend is to eat like a normal person and maybe only 1 bottle of wine all weekend
Old 02-21-2017, 11:19 AM   #14  
Tough Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs3289 View Post
Hi I'm new to weight watchers just joined two weeks ago. My husband and I both have a bad habit of overeating. Bad timing to start weight watchers around Valentines, as we went on our annual valentines weekend getaway and ate way too much. After much drinking, and being buzzed we decided to take a walk and it just so happened there was a melting pot right around the corner of our hotel. Being the chronic over eaters that we are, and having had too many drinks, we could not stop ourselves from getting the late night special of cheese and chocolate fondue with a bottle of wine. It was amazing ya'll, but I woke up with so much guilt the next morning, it really was not worth it at all. So we blew through all of our daily and weekly points just in 2 days, wow I have never been so disappointed in myself. This week starts a new week and we hope to do much better!
We had a notoriously huge peking duck dinner, which basically all dripping with fat except for the highly absorbent pancake things we ate with it.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:14 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Binging is not something you break. Binging is something that happens because of dieting. The harder you diet, the more you'll binge later. It's a total set up, the exact way you try to get rid of it is the very thing that makes it stronger. Willpower and white knuckling has nothing to do with this. More importantly, weight loss has absolutely nothing to do with it, if you truly have BED weight loss does not guarantee that you won't binge again and in fact it usually causes more binging behavior in the long run.

As someone who has had BED since I was a teenager, I can attest to the fact that binging held a purpose in my life for a long time. It sprung from a desire to comfort myself and take care of my own needs in the only way I knew how back then. I fell into a habit of binging in response to everything in my life - stress, sadness, joy, loneliness... everything! And it stayed a habit. Purposefully not dieting has brought back a lot of sanity in my life, though some of my food habits were a lot harder than others to break, and some of them are hard still. After stopping dieting, making peace with food, and learning to love my body as it is I was ready to tackle the last bits of my addiction to binging. I read Brain Over Binge and The Little Book of Big Changes and everything is coming together in my food life. I am seeing my last bits of the habit going away now, steadily and easily.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote