Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-23-2017, 07:17 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 170/168/150

Height: 5'8

Hey all! I've popped in to 3FC a few times over the past several months, but have been so bad about staying. I really hope I can make this site a daily habit
I had a few really good days last week and thought the momentum would stick, but, of course, I fell of the wagon.

I don't have too much weight to lose (170 now, GW is 150), but if I don't change my habits now, I'll keep gaining. Tomorrow will be my fresh start. I have to get out of the house more or get back into my hobbies. I really want to develop good habits and feel healthy, but when push comes to shove, I always go for a box of pasta
Helianthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:12 AM   #17  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Hello guys! Friday again...xD. The kitchen has blueberry paczki and lemon muffins with crumb topping. I actually am not that tempted today, not because the food doesn't look delicious, but after like 4 fridays of not having anything I've kind of gotten use to the expectation that I'm not going to eat anything.

The weekend is coming full steam ahead. I don't have any big plans though this time, so I am expecting a quiet weekend of good decisions.
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:14 AM   #18  
Tough Turtle

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helianthus View Post
Hey all! I've popped in to 3FC a few times over the past several months, but have been so bad about staying. I really hope I can make this site a daily habit
I had a few really good days last week and thought the momentum would stick, but, of course, I fell of the wagon.

I don't have too much weight to lose (170 now, GW is 150), but if I don't change my habits now, I'll keep gaining. Tomorrow will be my fresh start. I have to get out of the house more or get back into my hobbies. I really want to develop good habits and feel healthy, but when push comes to shove, I always go for a box of pasta
I love pasta too
Old 02-24-2017, 11:43 AM   #19  
Big Dreamer

S/C/G: 150/144.2/132

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestrina View Post
Binging is not something you break. Binging is something that happens because of dieting. The harder you diet, the more you'll binge later. It's a total set up, the exact way you try to get rid of it is the very thing that makes it stronger. Willpower and white knuckling has nothing to do with this. More importantly, weight loss has absolutely nothing to do with it, if you truly have BED weight loss does not guarantee that you won't binge again and in fact it usually causes more binging behavior in the long run.

As someone who has had BED since I was a teenager, I can attest to the fact that binging held a purpose in my life for a long time. It sprung from a desire to comfort myself and take care of my own needs in the only way I knew how back then. I fell into a habit of binging in response to everything in my life - stress, sadness, joy, loneliness... everything! And it stayed a habit. Purposefully not dieting has brought back a lot of sanity in my life, though some of my food habits were a lot harder than others to break, and some of them are hard still. After stopping dieting, making peace with food, and learning to love my body as it is I was ready to tackle the last bits of my addiction to binging. I read Brain Over Binge and The Little Book of Big Changes and everything is coming together in my food life. I am seeing my last bits of the habit going away now, steadily and easily.
Palestrina. I see you have a quote by Geneen Roth. I really began changing my relationship with food when I read her book 'When You Eat at the Refrigerator, Pull up a Chair'. I started paying attention to when I'm hungry and when I'm not after reading her book. I'm going to look into the books you mentioned too. I don't binge like I used to, as I eat a lot of good food and not diet food, but when I feel a binge coming, I can't figure out how to stop it.

bloominbutterflies. I don't know what blueberry paczki is, but it must be good! Have a relaxing OP weekend!

Helianthus I hope you pop in often!

Have a good weekend everyone...be kind to yourselves.
Sperrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:40 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 187

Height: 5'7"

At first, I thought my weight gain was just depression, but I am also noticing problems with binge eating.

Today was a big day for me. Lots of changes. I came back to 3FC after a long time away and created a new username. I also clicked on the information for Overeaters Anonymous. I listened to the first podcast (Intro/Step Zero) and I even started to journal.

My biggest fear is that I will quit again like I have so many times before. I have to do something different this time. I want to be successful.

My new username, ThinkAgain, inspires me to break my normal thinking habits about food.
Instead of thinking, "I don't feel good, so I won't work out" I will say to myself, "I feel better after I work out, so I will go to the gym"
Instead of thinking, "Food makes me feel better" I will say to myself "What's wrong? Food is supposed to make you feel full, except you still keep eating."

I hope this works. Thanks for letting me share
ThinkAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:28 PM   #21  
Tough Turtle

Did some emotional over eating today. I'm ok now, but I'm checking in accountability wise because I know it needs to stop here and now and doesn't become a marathon binge. Just having doubts about my relationship, if it's good for us...where we are going, what I want in life etc. Yuck. I got like 5 hours of sleep last night. I ate a big bowl of ice cream and 5 dove chocolate squares. Overall the damage is OK if that was my splurge for the week. Gotta get it together.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:03 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 167/144/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominbutterflies View Post
Did some emotional over eating today. I'm ok now, but I'm checking in accountability wise because I know it needs to stop here and now and doesn't become a marathon binge. Just having doubts about my relationship, if it's good for us...where we are going, what I want in life etc. Yuck. I got like 5 hours of sleep last night. I ate a big bowl of ice cream and 5 dove chocolate squares. Overall the damage is OK if that was my splurge for the week. Gotta get it together.
That is tough. How long have you been together?
heepwahealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:32 PM   #23  
Tough Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by heepwahealthy View Post
That is tough. How long have you been together?
Thanks for the hug! 2 years and some change. It's hard because he's so nice, but I'm not sure if I really see a future for us or not. :/. Our relationship seems really slow. As this point I am unsure what I want in the next few years so I'm figuring that out first.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:06 PM   #24  

hey all!

My name is Larissa, and I am a recovered binge eater! I used to really have bad problems with compulsive eating, I have had some periods of control but eventually it would always come back and even when I was not explosively binging I was always eating, no matter the emotion. I couldn't stick to resolves at all, even if the resolve wasn't dieting and restricting, but simply just to eat 'normal'. But I've found a solution that enables me to stay recovered day to day, as long as I work for it! I wanted to offer my help, if anyone wants to see if it works for them please shoot me a message! I'm not trying to advertise a diet, for me compulsive eating was a mental problem and now I'm trying to help fellow overeaters to recover, so if you're interested please pm me!

Love,
Bee
LittleB is offline   Reply With Quote