Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-13-2015, 11:11 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 194/191/130

Height: 5' 2"

Doing well with my Monday & Tuesday 3 shakes "diet". Somehow it sets me up for rest of week and have been mostly successful with stopping the night eating. (no, not perfect yet.. but am OK with that). am down 5 lbs. Only problem is with well meaning friends who think I am starving my self. Not much chance of that with all the extra adipose tissue to be burned. also - eating regular food 5 days/week. Made a lentil veg soup - that did not taste so great - until I added sprinkled Parmesan cheese on it - now it is great! 2 portions in freezer to be defrosted Wednesday when I go back to real food.

Not sure why this all seems to be helping so much - but will not look gift horse in the mouth.
offthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:42 PM   #47  

Height: 5' 6"

I've been MIA for a few days. Really, really busy making centerpieces for a barnyard themed baby shower. So busy, in fact, that there's been no nighttime eating and hardly time for daytime eating.

I will weigh on Thursday and see what I've lost. I know it will be a loss because my clothes feel looser.

Good work offthewall 5 lb loss! WooHoo!

How you doing, TripSwitch?

Ok, back to work on those centerpieces.......

Last edited by buckeyegal; 07-14-2015 at 11:44 PM.
buckeyegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:15 AM   #48  

Just checking in. Doing very well at not eating after dinner. Down to a sf Popsicle at night. This is a huge improvement. Must sustain this behavior.

Want to weigh but am reluctant. Those numbers can reek havoc. If it's not a loss that I feel is comensurate with the effort I've put in, well then I might snap and figure what the @e!! Not doing that, so I will wait a little while longer to weigh in. Will try on some clothes I am close to getting into and see what is happening there.

Have a great weekend everyone. Hope to see someone on this thread and hear some good news.

264/261/150
Old 07-18-2015, 09:31 PM   #49  

I gathered the courage this morning to weigh myself. So afraid that the loss would be a small one and discourage me because I had such a good on-plan week.

Got pleasantly surprised with a 5 lb loss. Motivated me greatly and I'm digging my heels in so I will continue to stay out of the kitchen after dinner. The time from dinner's end to bedtime and what I stuff into myself is the reason for my obesity.

I have no problem whatsoever staying on a healthy eating plan all day through dinner. About an hour after dinner it's "off to the races" for me starting with a little nibble, then some more and finally the what-the-heck-I've-blown-it-I'll-start-tomorrow tape starts playing in my head.

I am gathering all my strength and willpower dust to get this after-dinner eating fiasco out of my life so I can lose the weight and live a healthy life.

I'm tired of having a back that hurts, feet and knees sore from carrying around an extra 100 lbs, not wanting to walk out to my mailbox because it's too much effort, avoiding social functions due to my weight and I won't even mention the clothes issue. We all know that scenario ---a closet loaded with clothes but only a few of them fit.

Hope TripSwitch and offthewall are continuing to make progress on their journey.

Are there any other evening eaters out there who do well during the day but have a feeding frenzy between end of dinner and bedtime? Hope to hear from you!

264/256/160

Last edited by buckeyegal; 07-19-2015 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:05 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 210/210/125

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations on that fabulous five pound loss, Buckeyegal!

I was once like you, able to stay on target all day with the urge to go wild limited to early evening, but that was when I worked outside the home. These days I'm overeating all day. It's 9 AM and I just had two big cookies and a fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt (27 grams sugar.)

Still, as out of control as I've been lately, the evening hours are the hardest.

One thing I have discovered is that if I make it past those two hours after dinner, when I believe my insulin levels are high, my appetite then settles down and "goes to sleep" after about 9 PM.
FluffyFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:38 PM   #51  

Thanks Fluffy for the congrats. I was really pumped by the loss. I'm still in the groove and staying on plan. Even ate out last evening and kept on plan.

I am doing 4 things that I believe are helping me check this nighttime eating demon.

First, I am consuming more of my allotted calories before dinner. I was saving a majority of my calories for dinner. I'd eat fairly big as compared to breakfast and lunch. I think this set me up for wanting more and more food after dinner.

Second, I am taking smaller bites and taking longer to eat. Isn't this what people of normal weight do???? I always wolf my food down with big bites and never put my fork down. This leads to second helpings because who wants to just sit there while everyone else is still eating their first helping!

Third, I have announced to my DH that I will not be setting foot in the kitchen after dinner. If he sees me in there, yell at me to get out!!! I can have water and two SF Popsicles during the evening. DH has to go get them for me.

Lastly, I find that SF Popsicles are a lifesaver. I suck them instead of biting and it lasts a long, long time. I really feel I am getting a treat and it's only 15 calories & 4 carbs.

I'm sending you good vibes FluffyFat that you can send your demons packing. Give those SF Popsicles a try. They're good during the daytime, too!!

264/256/160

Last edited by buckeyegal; 07-19-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:53 PM   #52  

Oh my gosh I just stopped a binge! This is the first time I have ever done that. I've always either been on a strict plan, sometimes for over a year, or else I slip up, hate myself and eat everything in sight. This time, I had been following my plan when I went in the kitchen and got two cookies and a glass of milk. I ate them. I started my usual thinking of "Well I've failed again, I might as well pig out and start again tomorrow."

Suddenly I thought, wait, that just puts me at about 1450 calories. It's still a weight loss day if I stop now. I reminded myself that I was the boss of me. I stopped. I can't get over it.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:44 PM   #53  

Fabulous stop, Fluffy!!

I think that is the hardest thing to do--- stop a binge especially when you've just eaten off plan. Being proud of yourself and in control tastes better than any food!

WAY TO GO, FLUFFY!!!.

I'm hanging in there as well. One week--7 consecutive days-- of no nighttime eating with the exception of SF Popsicles which I allow for in my eating plan.

I am going out of town on Friday to a party for my grandson. I will be conscious of what I put in my mouth. I managed to get assigned to bring a veggie tray, Romaine lettuce salad and bottled water. I will bring my low cal dressing in my purse. Think my daughter is serving chicken wraps so that is something I can have in moderation. I am so pumped at my non-nighttime eating that I won't do anything to screw up my plan.

Let me repeat again, Fluffy ........WooHoo for stopping the BM (Binge Monster !!!)

264/256/160

Last edited by buckeyegal; 07-21-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:47 AM   #54  

Thank you so much Buckeyegal!

Have fun at your party! I'm sure you'll stay on track!
Old 07-25-2015, 09:53 AM   #55  

Drove from Ohio to NJ yesterday for a party today for my grandson. I did remarkably well yesterday facing a dinner of pizza. One small piece and lots of salad without dressing. None there I could have. No nighttime eating either.

I know I will stay on plan today at the party as I will have to take care of lots of details while my daughter tends to the baby and her guests.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and keeping out of the kitchen after dinner.

Last edited by buckeyegal; 07-25-2015 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #56  

Back home in Ohio from the party. I surprised myself with staying entirely on plan the entire weekend. No cake, cookies or any other carbs at the party! Had lots of energy because I had to do lots of work while the other grandma sat on her behind as usual!

However, I was not perfect....slipped up when I arrived home last night tired and angry that I didn't open my mouth and get some work out of lazy grandma-in-
law. Got into chips etc. but the binge was very short lived. Back on track today and will weigh in tomorrow.

Funny how we sabotage ourselves over anger. Yes I was angry at myself for keeping my mouth shut over lazy in-laws, but who did I hurt with my mini-binge? ME!! Not lazy grandma-in-law. Have to come up with a strategy to get some work out of this gal at the next family gathering. I can't keep beating myself up with carb binges over this old crow.

264/256/160
Old 07-28-2015, 08:33 PM   #57  

You did great on several levels, Buckyeyegal! You stayed away from the sweets during the weekend, you only had some chips and then put on the brakes, and you did all that work while lazy granny just sat -- don't think that wasn't noticed by many people.

That made me think of one of my favorite episodes of "Everybody Loves Raymond." Debra's parents were visiting for Thanksgiving and her mother "just sat" while Debra and her MIL Marie cooked, helped the children eat, etc. At one point Debra gets fed up and snaps at her mother "Why can't you be more like her!" pointing to Marie, who looks up as a halo forms around her head. Considering how often Debra and Marie were irritated with each other, it was a really sweet, warm moment.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:44 PM   #58  

Thanks, Fluffy for the encouragement. I was pleased with myself that I was able to stop my off-plan eating before it turned into a full-blown binge. Today I was 100% on plan.

I appreciate you relaying that episode of Everbody Loves Raymond. I know my daughter appreciates the work I did (and do) when I visit her. She knows her MIL is lazy and cringes when she comes for a visit. And I should also add cheap to the list. She loaded two cases of bottled water left over from the party that I paid for into her car and drove home two states away! The good news is that she's two states away from my daughter!!

There will always be people like lazy, light-fingered MIL but I can't let their foolishness influence my actions, especially if I am prone to react with off-plan food and overeating. I know I should refuse to let anyone or anything have that kind of power over me.

My kitchen closed at 7 tonight and I will proudly chalk up another evening of no nighttime eating. I feel so empowered and motivated when I stay on plan each evening. I hope everyone who suffers with nighttime eating is having a good evening.

Last edited by buckeyegal; 07-28-2015 at 11:47 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:57 AM   #59  

This is really a ticker check, but I'm wishing everyone a great on-plan day as well!

Last edited by buckeyegal; 07-29-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:19 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/115

Height: 5'2"

Well, it's evening where I am!

If it's ok, I'd just like to rant here that right now I REALLY REALLY WANT TO binge. Ice cream. A lot. it's a bit past 10 pm. If I can hold back for the next 40 minutes, the shop downstairs closes, and I won't be able to get any. Contemplating a cup of coffee (luckily coffee doesn't keep me awake too badly).

Little black dress. Think of the little black dress, pigeon!

Last edited by pigeon; 08-07-2015 at 03:20 PM.
pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote