Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-21-2015, 09:33 AM   #31  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

Default You guys!!

I think I've found my people! I will post a longer intro later but wow, what you all are saying has hit home. I had no idea that this site had a forum related to binging. I have used the site for a few years, but in a different section - the weight loss more than 100 pounds to lose forums.

Thank you for being here and posting your experiences. This **** is HARD.
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:13 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

Yep, I agree trying to eat "moderately" and with "common sense" is so difficult -- I honestly don't think I have EVER done that more than a few weeks at one time. My secret binging -- and then the guilt and weight gain, not to mention the heartburn and sleeplessness it causes -- has been my "little dark secret" for so many years. I wonder if I will ever, ever overcome it --
During those periods of my life when I successsfully lost weight and/or maintained, (many years ago) I absolutely had to adhere to a "no junk" rule. Forget portion control, because I HAVE no control!
OK Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:19 AM   #33  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes 237 View Post
I can't seem to find a middle ground where treats are concerned. I don't starve myself while I diet. I eat good amounts of food. Not "nothing" as far as food goes. I eat a lot of healthy foods, prepared myself, all that jazz.

It's the cakes, cookies, pies, tarts, ice cream, etc. If I make ice cream, I eat like a pint a day. I don't eat a piece of cake. I eat all the cake in two or three days. I start eating the cookies before I even get them frosted and can easily eat a dozen big ones in a day. Heck, I start eating stuff before it's baked - I lick the paddle and get the bits of batter left in the bowl as soon as I pop it in the oven.

I just cannot seem to find a middle ground on these items, so I deprive myself of them. I don't make anything - and baking is probably my favorite thing to do.

If you had this problem and conquered it, what was your strategy, thought process or whatever?

I can skip them entirely. It's not like I MUST eat them. No addiction problem. I just eat and eat them up when I make them and I disappoint myself.

Any tips are welcome!
Why are you making/buying/baking these foods?

If cooking and food are your passion, embrace a better way! Find new ways to make healthy food that is still happy food!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:26 AM   #34  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes 237 View Post
I can't seem to find a middle ground where treats are concerned. I don't starve myself while I diet. I eat good amounts of food. Not "nothing" as far as food goes. I eat a lot of healthy foods, prepared myself, all that jazz.

It's the cakes, cookies, pies, tarts, ice cream, etc. If I make ice cream, I eat like a pint a day. I don't eat a piece of cake. I eat all the cake in two or three days. I start eating the cookies before I even get them frosted and can easily eat a dozen big ones in a day. Heck, I start eating stuff before it's baked - I lick the paddle and get the bits of batter left in the bowl as soon as I pop it in the oven.

I just cannot seem to find a middle ground on these items, so I deprive myself of them. I don't make anything - and baking is probably my favorite thing to do.

If you had this problem and conquered it, what was your strategy, thought process or whatever?

I can skip them entirely. It's not like I MUST eat them. No addiction problem. I just eat and eat them up when I make them and I disappoint myself.

Any tips are welcome!
Why are you making/buying/baking these foods?

If cooking and food are your passion, embrace a better way! Find new ways to make healthy food that is still happy food!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:41 AM   #35  
on a mission

S/C/G: 294/restart!!!

Height: 5'1

So glad I found you guys!!! Makes me feel less alone in all this! Sweets are my weakness! I loveee them! I never used to be this way until I did a restriction on sweets for about a year. Then one day, bam I let myself eat peanut butter and jelly and it was all a blur. But my weakness, oh it is cake and brownies! I can honestly eat cake for days and still not get sick of it? Ugh, why does sugar have to taste so good?

Anyway, thanks for making me feel less alone. I never knew this part of the forum existed either.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:10 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

Sugar is my downfall as well. My hard and fast rule- NO Sugar esp after reading "Sugar Shock." I cook with raw honey instead. I've found that Raw Acacia Honey has the lowest GL. Here is my blog about honey if you are interested. Oh! and BTW, looks like I found my peeps. I didn't come before, because I didn't want to do the "step" thing again- but haven't seen steps in this post- maybe I'll hang out here. (http://www.fairysredcolordiet.com/bl...o-cook-with-it)
FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote