Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

It's Thursday already! Tonight I teach my class, and I've been a little anxious this week, since I haven't taught in a while. Plus the classroom is different and the set up may be different. I hope everything turns out ok.

I've been eating healthy, because of this thread. I'm so happy I'm in control again, staying within my calorie range and exercising.

MrsSnark, you get to buy a whole new wardrobe! Fantastic! I just love that pic of you on the beach!

Welcome, Lisa! Glad you could join us! I know all about stress and stress-eating. Trying to stop that behavior, too.

Last edited by tyla; 09-19-2013 at 10:29 AM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #47  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Tyla, I hope your class goes well! (I'm sure it will!!!)

Mrs. Snark, sometimes when I get back into my old clothes, they're just plain out of style. Always a bummer!

LisaT, new city + no job (and the resulting lack of structure) is definitely hard! Hang in there!

I'm struggling today not with the urge to binge so much as the urge to overeat. Maybe it's a fine line, and probably the latter will lead to the former. The scale was up again and I'm frustrated as anything. Boo! I just keep telling myself, if I give in, then I'l *really* be frustrated. Grr.
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #48  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hey Lisa, welcome to the thread! Those are very stressful circumstances you are in, so hang in there!

Tyla, good luck tonight, I'm sure you'll do great! Being in control is such a nice feeling, isn't it? Congrats on all the hard work you're doing to stay on plan!

7lbs, I have lots of out-of-style clothes as well -- but I hold on to them because everything comes back around again, so you never know! Hang in there, nothing is EVER improved by overeating or binging, NOTHING. Don't let the scale put the kibosh on your mojo, he is a fickle creature, best ignore when he isn't cooperating!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 09-19-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #49  

Location: Anchorage AK in the summer, Lawrence KS and travel in the winter

S/C/G: High 285+ 256/ticker/160ish

Just a check in: I'm teetering on the edge of the teens at 220. In general that's a fairly low point for me, only reaching it twice in the past two decades. I'm practicing intuitive eating (I'll never diet again) and I'm having to remind myself to not only live in the moment at the table but to live in the moment and enjoy the body I have for today rather than anticipate the body I might have in the future.

Some people do well with visualization and motivators but I personally need to be careful with "the future" so as not to go into diet mode in my impatience to get 'er done. What I'm doing is working, slower than I'd like, but I'm also not tempted to stuff my face when stressed or bored.

I went to the tailor to have a few of my very favorite things cut down. I saw a large woman in the mirror (a very average largeness) not huge like I'm used to seeing. That's enough for today.

An affirmation from a recovering food addict, binge eater and serial dieter.

Binge free in September.

Cat
vintagecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:13 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Thanks for all the welcoming posts! This seems like a great group. I did a Spin & Sculpt class today and now I'm super hungry I really had to resist stopping to get Frozen Yogurt on my way home, but I did it

@tyla what do you teach?? I used to teach music/drama

@thesame7lbs I definitely struggle with both overeating and binging, I hate binging way more.

Last edited by LisaTcan; 09-19-2013 at 03:19 PM.
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #51  
Michelle the Vegan

Hey vintagecat, thanks for sharing! Congratulations on the milestone you're about to cross, how wonderful!

Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the body (and the life) we have TODAY. That really is so important.

Binge free in September, whoo hoo!
Old 09-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #52  
Michelle the Vegan

Happy Friday all, TGIF! Everyone ready for the weekend (and weekend challenges?).

Last night I had a planned martini with my dinner, and while I greatly enjoyed it, I ended up struggling mentally with not eating mindlessly later. So I think I will pass on any more alcohol this weekend. There are certain times of the month it just seems hard to keep the Snack Monster under control, and this is one of those times I fear.

I had an okay weekly weigh-in this morning, looking forward to a fun weekend. We went sailing at 6 am to watch the moonset and sun rise. It was gorgeous!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 09-20-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #53  

Happy Friday, Everyone!!
I feel great today. I've lost a pound since I've started this adventure almost 2 weeks ago. And I can tell my belly is not as prominent. Plus I'm so happy my class is over. What a relief! At first, things were a little disorganized at the school. They didn't put up a sign to tell people where the class was. So I had to round them up and show them where it was held. That was a little annoying. I was teaching a Psychology class about having more joy in our lives, so I couldn't really look too annoyed. lol But when everyone was situated, the class went really well. Thank you for all of your good wishes.

7lbs,, I hope you resisted the urge to eat. It's so hard when that stupid scale doesn't want to cooperate. I just hate that, because it's so frustrating!! But please be strong. Eating will only make it worse, and then cause depression. Stay strong. We're rooting you on!

Vintagecat, congrats on making another milestone! Weight loss plus inches lost! Kudos to you!! What exactly is intuitive eating?

Lisa, wow, what an accomplishment to resist temptation!! That's huge! What is spin and sculpt? You are on your way to a binge-free September!

MrsSnark,, so what are you doing this weekend? Your pic on the beach always gives me motivation to exercise. Thank you!

It's the weekend! Let's have a great one!

Last edited by tyla; 09-20-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #54  

MrsSnark, I must have been posting the same time as you. I just wanted to add that the sail you took this morning sounded fantastic! What a wonderful way to start your morning!! Talk about finding more joy in your life!! I can just picture the sunrise and moonset!! Thank you for sharing.

Congrats on resisting the urge to snack last night! It's not always easy, but you did it!!!

Last edited by tyla; 09-20-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #55  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Hello everyone!

It is so encouraging to come hear and read of everyone's successes. Dancing carrot for everyone on this Friday!

VintageCat, reading your post was like wrapping up in a cozy blanket. Excellent food for thought (ugh! pun!), enjoying the bodies we have today.

Tyla, so glad your class went well after the initial chaos! I love the image of you trying to rein in frustration so you can teach about finding joy!

Mrs Snark, an early morning sail sounds heavenly. It must be so quiet and serene. Serious gratitude time, eh? I agree that even one drink erodes my resolve on food. For that reason, I have really reduced the number of days when I drink -- where I used to have a glass or two of wine a couple nights a week, now it's once a week at most, and usually reserved for social occasions or when I've cooked something really nice that just deserves a glass of wine.

I had an NSV yesterday and stayed within my calories despite my frustration. Took DS out to lunch (he is 4.5 yrs old and a fabulous lunch date) and really narrowly avoided cookie-related indulgences. Just knew I would stop at one. And all that perseverance paid off today -- whatever bumped me up yesterday came off today and I am down a lb.
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #56  

Good Morning, Everyone!
Just thought I'd check in to say that I'm having a good weekend so far. We went out to a Chinese Restaurant last night, and I did very well. Left the rice on the table and only ate a lunch portion of chicken and broccoli. Of course, today I feel the salt retention. lol

Hope everyone has a great, healthy weekend!
Old 09-22-2013, 12:36 AM   #57  

I calculated my calories today, and found that I went over my 1200-1500 calorie range. Usually I feel bad, and that sends me into a downward spiral of overeating or bingeing. But that didn't happen this time. I realized that happened, so now I can move on. I'll make up for it during the week by eating less or exercising more. This is a huge deal for me! I am actually thinking and acting like a normal person, not fretting and punishing myself over it. I've progressed!
Old 09-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #58  
Michelle the Vegan

Tyla - going over your range now and then is no big thing, it all seems to even out with time! Good for you for circumventing the "death spiral" as I always think of it! So hard to break that pattern! YOU ROCK!

I'm having a good weekend, out on the boat alot enjoying some nice weather!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 09-22-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #59  

Happy Monday, Everyone! I love Mondays. It's a new week and another fresh start. If anyone that is struggling wants to join us, please feel free. We take it one day at a time. Have a great day!
Old 09-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #60  
Michelle the Vegan

Yay for Mondays!

My kitchen is now closed. I was feeling snacky this evening so I ate my dinner with my fingers, lol. A big bag of sugar snap beans with garlic salt. Eating them one at a time with my fingers satisfied that urge for alot of hand-to-mouth snackage. And they were seriously delicious as well. Win!