Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 165/140/130

Height: 5'8

I don't keep anything boxed/bagged in the house (e.g. chips, crackers, nuts, cereals etc).

I can only have fruits/veg, lean meats, eggs, almond milk... basically just whole foods around. If I happen to binge on them, at least they are high volume, high in nutrients & low calorie.
PorkyPiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #47  

I am a stickler for things that I will allow/keep in my house. Fortunately, I live alone and my boyfriend eats pretty healthfully. I have been wanting to incorporate nuts into my diet but find that they can be a trigger. They are not always a trigger. I tend to individually package my food and also do a lot of cooking on the weekends. This way I can get through the week with healthy food in my house. When I come home and am starving, I have no choice but to go for the healthier stuff.
NoNoNOJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I can't keep any type of ice-cream in the house, or a binge will erupt. I can easily plow through an entire drumstick pack or ben and jerry's pint in one sitting!
xooma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/155

Height: 5' 7"

I can't bring in hotdog or baloney. And today I discovered I can't bring in homemade bread. I bought a loaf and except for 4 slices I ate the whole thing. Counted the calories at least and I haven't blown my day. Will just have to be really careful.
ainslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 243/243/...not sure yet

Height: 5'7"

I sometimes feel like a magician because I can make ice-cream, chocolate, cookies, cake, nuts and chips disappear in what feels like are mere seconds.
I'm okay with cheese as long as I don't have nuts or fruit to combine it with in the house, otherwise that's gone, too. Garlic in oil or olives aren't such a good idea either.
Erinnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:17 AM   #51  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

i can't have any prepared foods/frozen meals in the house. if it will only take me minutes to heat up, it's a no no. if i'm hungry, i have to actually make something. it forces me to think "am i really hungry, or am i bored" etc. if i'm that hungry, i go cook.
also, no cookies or sugary cereals.
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #52  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

My husband actually keeps Ben & Jerry's in the freezer and it never tempts me. Cookies, however - Oreos and Pepperidge Farms has a Pumpkin Cheesecake cookie - I will absolutely binge on. If I bring pizza home, I can't make myself stop, which is awful. So if I do let myself have pizza, we go out for it and I don't bring any home. And breads. I will eat a whole loaf of fresh bread from the bakery.
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:40 AM   #53  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieMarch View Post
So maybe this is a lack of willpower but I can't have these foods in my apartment or they will all be eaten in a short time period by me...
Cheese
Pasta
Pizza
Chocolate
Chips
Ice cream
Bagels
Cream Cheese
Smoked Salmon
Avocados (guacamole)

Now if I'm out somewhere I can control my portion size (usually) but not at home. Anyone else have this issue?
For General eatings or breakfasts use Egg wgites; To avoid bieng eating.

Nutrition summary:
Calories 17

Fat 0.06g

Carbs 0.24g

Protein 3.6g

There are 17 calories in 1 large Egg White.
Calorie breakdown: 3% fat, 5% carbs, 92% protein.
vivianmichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #54  
Petite and tiny!

Height: Less than 5"0'

I can't have raisins, sunflower seeds, almonds, my own trail-mix made from all 3, banana twins, apple strudel, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, cinnamon pop tarts, local cookies with nuts and sprinkled sugar, mint chocolate chip ice cream, menthos, reese's peanut butter cups, snickers, bbq chips, flaming hot cheetos, cheese doritos, sour cream and onion pringles, western cheeseburger from carl's jr., local Jack lunch and lindt chocolate.

Just making this list made my mouth water.
ggbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 240/235/145

Chips, salsa, guacamole (absolutely no self control on portion here, I could eat it endlessly), bacon, beef, beer, even certain lean frozen dinners!!!

I wonder if I just had corn chips, avocados, salsa and diet friendly veggies....I could totally survive on this diet. Love it so, so very much. I guess it could be worse? For me its all about portion size.
SkinnyBee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #56  

I cannot have Nutella or Kix cereal in the house. Ever.
nextphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:36 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 318/263/258

Height: 5'6"

Cake, brownies, cupcakes...anything sweet and baked can not be in my house. My son baked a cake this weekend and I had entirely too much of it. As long as it isn't in my house, I'm ok. But once it is here, it's in my belly.
shrewlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:03 PM   #58  
I Can Change

S/C/G: 151/149.9/120

Height: 5'6"

I just wanna say I love this thread!

Knowing there's others that are the same as me makes me feel so much more able to cut the foods that I can't eat in moderation out of my diet.These are nuts, nut butters, anything fried or oil roasted, sweets/sweeteners including dried fruit, chocolate/cocoa/cacao/carob. One bit of any of these and I WILL overeat or binge and it's just not worth it anymore.
tarabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 316/230/160

Height: 5'5

So I wanna say that I can't have any sweets in the house, but there are a few that I can have and never touch.

The main things I can't keep on hand include:
Ice Cream
Pizza
Peanut Butter
Ranch (I will eat it with almost anything)
Butterfingers
Pistachios
jenn marie 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:47 AM   #60  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 294/195/165

Height: 5'4.5

BREAD!!!

I CAN NOT have any type in my bed. Once I start... it's gone inside of hours. I don't understand why but I just can't stop myself.
Diamondonalandmine is offline   Reply With Quote