Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #16  
babybat

Height: 5'7

Change up what you eat, it's boring to eat the same thing every day
if you still want to binge just resist as best as you can and find healthy substitutes to what you want (if any)

If this doesn't help go see a dietitian.

Last edited by Babybat; 12-06-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the feedback Lucky and FLM!

Lucky - I know what you mean about tracking your progress. For me, the motivation comes from sticking within my caloric limits, and not deviating from my self-prepped meals. My pants are fitting better and I'm not eating out of anxiety any more. That's awesome how you keep track of your progress.

FLM - The food I wrote down was a first draft, especially after the first few responses from this post. Since then, I've added more veggies and my breakfast now includes scrambled eggs and toast with avacado spread. My total calories are approx 1600-1700 calories a day.

I buckled down on the diet because I was always failing at it. So, I'm out of the gym for a few weeks (i'm getting maried and going on my honeymoon, so time is short right now anyways) to solely focus on staying in control of my eating. I realized that every time I went to the gym, I allowed myself to eat anything I wanted - healthy or unhealthy. I cycled with that for several years, and last year it hit me full force that I wasn't in control of my eating. The plan is to stick to my "diet" for 2 more weeks, until I have a solid habit formed.

Jan 1st, I will get back into the gym.
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Some of us are finding real success with a book called "Brain Over Binge" and have started this support thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...commended.html Basically, it treats bingeing as a neurological habit rather than an emotional trigger and I can honestly tell you, I've never FELT more in control of my bingeing than I have this past week since starting this way of bingeing. It's not a diet, it's just a "mind over matter" type of thing. But as along as I'm not binge eating I feel great and the weight will come off.

PS: You need more veggies in your diet, without a doubt.

A good way to add healthy fats:

- spread peanut butter on an apple
- hummus with veggies
- hard boiled eggs
- add avocados to your salad, or spread it on a sandwich instead of mayo

A typical breakfast for me is yogurt with almonds and a few sprinkles of all bran cereal. A couple of hours later I'll eat 2 eggs with a slice of whole grain toast. Then a banana.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote