Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 184 /179/140

Height: 5'8"

This is completely what I go through. I try not to watch food network, it makes me want to have something really tasty and keeping out foods that I can binge on. I had rollo's this weekend and lost control. They are gone now so I feel like I can move forward and keep that junk out of the house.
clownfish13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #17  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I struggle with this as well. I'm more likely to quit a food type entirely rather than try to moderate my intake. IE it's easier for me to say no pasta at all than to try and eat only 1c of pasta.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #18  

Oh boy, do I understand what you mean. My husband is baffled as to why I would eat when I'm already full. I say, "Because it tastes good." But he still doesn't get it---which is why he has never been overweight.

Water doesn't help me either. The only thing that sometimes works is having the willpower to wait a few minutes. I find that my cravings come in spurts. I have a tremendous urge for something, but often if I work through that urge (especially if I can actually remove myself from the vicinity), the craving will pass. So, if I'm in line at Starbucks, I may have a major urge for a cookie. If I can just order my coffee and leave without getting that cookie, though, my craving usually passes within few minutes.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote