Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

Default Is this a binge?

Today started off so well. I had a healthy 50grams muesli breakfast with soy milk, a healthy 120 calorie sandwich for lunch, spent a couple of hourse gardening (worked up a sweat, was totally pleased with myself) and had a snack of grapes and apple dipped in soy yoghurt, then I did a Jillian Michaels workout, hit the shower and watched South Park until dinnertime.

Thing is, I had to wait longer than usual for dinner, and i started to get ravenous. Like.. crazy hungry. When dinner was in the oven, I was cranky and was snapping at my mum, then when it was ready I was eating it so quickly the food was hot and burning my tongue. I also had three slices of bread and sunflower margerine (danish light bread, so only 50 calories each, but then there's the spread I guess) and I totally cleared my plate.

Then, I went into the kitchen and put on a plate a reasonably big slice of apple strudel, dolloped all over with lashings of soy custard, finished it all, then had a couple of bites of an ice cream cone (no ice cream, just the cone) and now I feel totally stuffed.

The thing is, I was wondering if this was normal or binge behaviour, but my thought process the whole time was more like "OMG I'M SO HUNGRY!" rather than the usual "I can't stop, I don't want to, but I'm gonna eat it" that I've heard before from bingers.

I guess I feel pretty low now, because I ruined all my hard work and ate way over my 1600 calorie budget today, I think.
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 141.8/136.6/110?

Height: 5'4

I am not exactly sure if you've binged before or not-I've never done that. But, please don't give-up. You haven't ruined anything. In a month when you look back, the scale won't even remember today-I promise. Look at how far you've come!!!
runningfrom140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #3  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Honestly don't over think it. It sounds like you were just hungry and one day is not going to blow you progress or anything.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Light as air

Height: 5'1"

I would recommend eating a lot more during the day, especially if you're getting that much exercise. Try adding some veggies and extra protein to your lunch - 120 calories is very meager! And maybe add some fruit to your breakfast. Good luck!
Jewcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:43 PM   #5  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Seconding the "eat more during the day" suggestion. That's not a binge, that's your body's way of telling you to eat more during the day.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

Thanks for the advice and support, I appreciate it Well, today's my weigh-in day at my weekly group, and I'd put on 0.05 of a kilo, which is nothing I guess but I was still really disappointed because apart from the strudel blip the night before, I'd worked so hard and been good all week.

But I remembered that I'm due on my period.. and I do tend to want more food when I'm due on, and the extra weight might be a combination of monthly-water retention and muscle mass because of all the working out. Hmm.
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote