Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-21-2010, 10:25 AM   #91  

Leah: Thanks so much. My main exercise is walking too, except I walk outside. I can relate with how hard it is to get yourself to do it. Sometimes I really have to fight with myself to get myself to change clothes and put my walking shoes on and get out that door, but I find the biggest motivator is that the guilt of missing a day would be more painful than just going for that walk. I think your baby goals are a great idea, I will sometimes tell myself that I only have to go around the block, and then I can go home, but it usually works out that I end up staying out longer than that. Congrats on doing well with your goal so far!

Thanks for the encouragement darra and tyla!

I forgot to post again yesterday, I'm on day 6 now. It's getting a little harder. Yesterday afternoon I was craving a binge so bad, I had this "perfect" binge all set up in my mind. Instead of going to the store I had some egg whites so I wasn't hungry any more, then distracted myself for a while, and eventually the feeling lessened. But I was still pretty miserable most of the night, and went to bed early just so it would be over lol. This morning I feel so proud of myself though that I was able to tough it out. I think I am really making some progress.

Last edited by sammy85; 08-21-2010 at 10:27 AM.
sammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 191.5/191.5/165

Height: 5'2"

How are you doing? I know that feeling..DO NOT weigh yourself, this is what throws me off all of the time
beth0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #93  

Day 9
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #94  
Leah~Lost 107~Day 6

S/C/G: 349/242/180

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone! So sorry I missed posting yesterday. I have had a rough end of the week. Not diet wise but work wise. I am very proud and happy to tell you I am currently working on day 6 with complete success. I am very happy about it too. I have managed to work my walking in so that has helped my losses to keep moving although slowly. I’m not complaining cause I have lost a lot for my first week, which I always do after being a bad girl. Tomorrow will be the 7th day and my baby goal. YAY! I wont celebrate just yet but I am in the zone right now and it has been some time since I have been able to say that. It is great to login and see everyone doing so well. Congrat to all of you!!

Tyla and Paris thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question about naming foods people cheat with. Like you Tyla, I am and have been researching everything about my weighloss journey, physically, mentally, and emotionally. It has really paid off for me but as you can see the emotional side of it still gives me trouble or I would not have started bingeing and gaining when I went through some emotional upheaval in recent months. It is just an excuse but the fact is that is where the seed was planted.

Tyla I agree 150% with everything you said about naming the foods. I too think naming the culprits we cheat with gives them more power over us (as if they don’t already have enough) and it is a huge trigger for me. Someone once said well they show it on commercials all the time what about that. For me if I am in a place that I am teetering on the edge of a binge, one of those commercials with the food, or a magazine picture, or junk here in the house that I love, or reading the name of something I love are ALL triggers for me as well as many other things. My solution to the commercials is I DVR everything anyway so I only watch what I want when I want… you gotta love being able to fast forward through it. LOL! I try to be careful not to unnecessarily mention things that might cause cravings for me or anyone else that may be struggling.

A few months ago my son was going to the orthodontist once a week for 3 weeks. I sat in the waiting room and looked through the magazines and it was torturous for me. Before it was over I was planning several of the things I wanted (the next time I went off my diet). Why didn’t I just put them down you might ask? Well I am a food addict, so that is what I do. I find little subtle ways to rationalize and lead myself back to what I really want to do. The good news is I recognize that in myself now, the bad news is I have not found myself strong enough to stop it once the seed is planted in my head. Now I know and knew it was wrong to keep tempting fate but I thought about it so much (I even ripped a recipe out of one of the magazines that I HAD TO HAVE) that eventually I whipped myself into a feeding frenzy. I held off and tried not to think about it for about 3 ½ weeks but… yes I had it all in about a 5 day span I gained a boatload of weight, and felt like crap, as well as a total and complete failure. Add to that the fact that is was not and never is as good as we think it is going to be. My God why do I do this to myself??

Yes I would call myself a really serious case. I was on deaths door when I finally woke up and started to really seriously change my life. I will struggle with this minute by minute for the rest of my life. It makes me mad and its not fair but it was the hand that I was dealt. When I finally faced that and quite throwing myself pity parties is when the real changes started.

I know some of you may be annoyed by my posts and if you are I do apologize. I understand we are all different with different triggers and ways of doing things but I am just trying to work through some of my baggage and demons and try to find the best way to keep myself on a healthier path for myself and my family. That is what we are all doing. You will see a lot of my self analysis while I am here I am afraid. It could be a blog would be a better fit but I truly love having all of you who understand what this is all about and to interact with and encourage as well as get encouragement from.

CONGRATULATIONS ON DOING SUCH A GREAT JOB TO Tyla, Lauren, Kim, Gettinfit, Maryjanfeld, Paris, Vixvin, Sammy, Harrismm, Beth, and everyone that I may have missed. I am so happy for and proud of all of you! WooHoo!!
Sorry but I am having a lot of trouble on this site with the pages loading very slowly. Has anyone else experienced this? It is not happening anywhere else so far. It happens every time I login to 3FC’s. It is hard to go back and look for everyones posts. I hope you are all having a perfect day! Keep up the great work everyone.

Thank you for having such a warm place to come and get things in perspective. It has helped me tremendously!
LeahsFreshStart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 161/147/139//129

Height: 5.7

Hello all. I have to stay this week has not been a good one for me, and I'm not even going to pretend to say this is day one, because I don't wan't to set myself up for failure ...again.
I was thinking about why this week has turned out so badly for me and I realised it was because I weighed myself the day after my first binge, I don't usually do this but I guess I wanted to scare myself straight..... Needless to say it did'nt work and in fact backfired into a whole week of self sabotage.
Reading everyone's posts here gives me hope that I can get back on track again and feel good about myself,
I'm gonna try pick myself up, dust myself off and move on from this.
Thanks girls . Reading your posts makes me feel less alone in this and gives me hope.
darra89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:06 PM   #96  
Leah~Lost 107~Day 6

S/C/G: 349/242/180

I’m sorry Darra, I know how devastating that can be. You have the right attitude though. Dust yourself off and begin again. I really think this thread is going to be a very important tool for all of us. Next time the mood hits make yourself stop for a full 5 minutes and try to think of every reason you can why you DON’T want to do it. Remind yourself of ALL the reasons you would regret it. You would be surprised how much this helps, especially if you want to stop. Hang in there sweetie, we are here for you and we do understand. Come on now, claim that day 1 and march proudly forward!
LeahsFreshStart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:11 PM   #97  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

To all- I was reading all the posts, and it's amazing how alot of you think just like me. I plan my binges too, the day and all the foods I want.

This is day 4, I have been fighting with myself all day. I tell myself, you can wait til tomorrow, no rush, you don't have to have it right now. I keep chewing gum, I came on here to post, trying to take my mind off of food. But sometimes you just can't beat that craving, it takes over your mind and it's all you can think about. I hope I make it to day 5.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Day 102!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

earning day 9.... was okay until now...well it has been a struggle but feeling strong... now i am alone, have eaten dinner and am lonely... i feel like going to the store and pigging out... tired... sad... alone...missing my kids, my dog, my 'idea' of a bf (i have a bf but i am not sure i 'want' him...) damn...

going to basement to install my new toy - a door installed chin up bar.... my 'treat' for going 7 days without a binge...

i can do this! i can make it through the night and keep everything together ... just feel the emotions instead of ignoring them...

thanks for the well wishes!!!

lets earn this day together!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Day 204!

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:43 PM   #101  

tyla - right now, your number 204 is what is keeping me going... it is only 8:45 and i am starting to freak out... just had sf ff choco mousse and it is not doing it for me... must do this ... must do this!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #102  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

You can make it happy!!

Did you get your chin up bar installed? I would love to be able to do a chin up. I'm not there yet, but it's something I would like to be able to do!
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #103  

yes i did!!!! i cannot do one yet either.... it is a lifelong dream for me to do one ! it is a really cool bar "perfect pull up" it is called... lots of options of how to use it!!!

thank you for the support!!!! taking deep breaths... disappointed that i asked my bf if he'd come for a 'booty call' (50% serious, 50% joking) and he just said "ha, tormentor" ... guess that means no eh? oh well... the more i think about him, the less i am convinced i want to be with him... but i am lonely tonight too so... who knows... oh and now i am rambling...

thank you !!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

Happy , i know what it feels like to be sad, lonely, upset and just want to binge. But ya know what? I always try to remind myself, food is not love. It's not going to solve you being lonely or sad, it will just make you feel worse. You can do this. Tomorrow can definitely be day 10 for you!
Maryjaneld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:18 PM   #105  

lauren you are soooo right... i want to see 10... my trainer told me she could really see that i was on day 9 and that my body bloating was all gone... it was a huge compliment...she said my effort and speed were up and that she is going to start a new routine for me on wed because i am now ready again... i dont want to disappoint her or ME!

i want 10, 20, 30 and more... it is okay for me to be lonely... to wonder what my kids did today, to wish i had a warm body next to me to cuddle... to wonder if that will ever happen again for me...

i am going to watch more dexter and then off to bed... thanks to you ladies i am feeling more settled now... no chance i am leaving the house... now i just battle the 'in house' demons... (although they are getting smaller by the second!)