Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-10-2009, 05:42 AM   #1  
Carelessy Creative

S/C/G: 211.5/164.3/145

Height: 5'4"

Default I feel disgusting...

I hate myself when I do so well throughout the entire day, and once I get to work it's like I throw everything I did out the window. I hate it when I completely sabotage myself and then get upset when I get on the scale and it hasn't budged. Even though I know exactly why it hasn't it still doesn't stop me from eating junk food.

Ugh, I just want to cry sometimes I make myself so mad. I don't know what to do, I've lost a considerable amount of weight for the first time in my life and yet I cannot seem to follow through with my change 100%. I seriously feel disgusting and loathe myself right now.

I have such a huge sweet tooth but I don't know how to get rid of it. I LOVE chocolate and there's always chocolate at work. Apparently the word 'no' isn't in my vocabulary when it comes to sweets, so how do I get rid of the craving without blowing my diet? I'm lost and I feel so alone. =(
shaunabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:54 AM   #2  
Kay

S/C/G: 214.5/TICKER/130

Height: 5'3"

Shauna, you're certainly not alone! All of us know what it's like to fall off the horse...what I've learned is that you just have to keep getting back on. Don't beat yourself up over what's in the past, just vow to start making the commitment starting NOW. It's never, ever too late, and you're already doing a great job! As you said, you've already lost a significant amount of weight. Hold on to how good that feels, and use it as motivation to keep moving in the right direction.

As for how to kill the chocolate craving...if you think you have the self-control for it, a lot of the people here (myself included) indulge in a square of dark chocolate. It's actually pretty heart healthy! If you don't think you could stop at one square, I would avoid it altogether, though. There are plenty of low-cal "chocolate-y" snacks...Weight Watchers makes a TON of chocolate products, some as low as 1 point per piece. Jello sugar free chocolate pudding is also delicious, and it's only 60 calories per cup. It's also good that all of these products are already portioned out--you can eat the entire cup of pudding without feeling guilty.

Hopefully this helps!
polarisx89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 193/187/10%-174/G138

Height: 5'3

My place of business caters to clients and therefore always has TONS of goodies of every sort, plus an entire fridge full of sodas. It has been a nightmare trying to stay away while everyone munches around me. I have found that if I bring my own healthy snacks with me to eat while they are eating whatever junk they are eating that it helps immensely.
Have you tried finding some healthier alternatives and taking them to work with you?

Also, I agree with previous poster, I am not good with control and sweets, so I don't punish myself by trying to consume just one little square of brownie or something. Instead I get the low-cal alternatives instead and I KNOW are not so tasty I'm going to overdo it.

Last edited by Allie1128; 10-10-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Allie1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 228/178/164

Height: 5'8"

I do really well all week while working and then its a free-for-all on the weekends! I get so upset with myself I could cry. It seems like on the weekends I am never satisfied no matter how much I eat. I started keeping a list of 0 - 2 point (WW) snacks on the fridge and if I want something else it has to be on the list...so I have another snack but don't necessarily blow the whole day...its starting to work for me!
Lots2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

This is what happened to me at work on Wednesday. I walked in at 3 and found the entire table in the lounge covered with food because they had a potluck that day. After immediately saying I wasn't going to touch any of it EVERYONE kept on telling me to eat some of it because they didn't want it to go to waste. So I proceeded to eat and eat and eat...it was horrible. Only reason it was so tempting is because it was foods I hadn't had in sooo long because I don't keep any of that stuff in my apt. But yeah, it was a bad night...normally I do OK at work...stay away from the vending machines ect. Hopefully I don't walk into any more situations like that unwarned otherwise I'd just avoid the lounge altogether.

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:20 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunabear View Post
I hate myself when I do so well throughout the entire day, and once I get to work it's like I throw everything I did out the window. I hate it when I completely sabotage myself and then get upset when I get on the scale and it hasn't budged. Even though I know exactly why it hasn't it still doesn't stop me from eating junk food.

Ugh, I just want to cry sometimes I make myself so mad. I don't know what to do, I've lost a considerable amount of weight for the first time in my life and yet I cannot seem to follow through with my change 100%. I seriously feel disgusting and loathe myself right now.

I have such a huge sweet tooth but I don't know how to get rid of it. I LOVE chocolate and there's always chocolate at work. Apparently the word 'no' isn't in my vocabulary when it comes to sweets, so how do I get rid of the craving without blowing my diet? I'm lost and I feel so alone. =(
Sweetie, sweetie, you're not alone and please don't feel lost.

You've done a great job and lost more weight than I ever have. The word "no" is most definitely in your vocabulary. We all have times where we cave in to cravings, and then we get up and move on, and that's exactly what you will do this time. I know it is tiring, but look at the alternative - MUCH worse.

Get mad at yourself if you must, I do it all the time. But get back to it - you've made too much progress to go back to the beginning. Ugh!!

Now - what's for dinner??
Morrobay1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/246/110

Height: 5'3"

Its going to be ok trust me you don't have to be hard on yourself like everyone is saying just pick yourself up and keep going you've already lost weight and I bet you feel good don't let this bring you down ok? I find that I can't have just 1 slice of pizza or just 1 chip so I don't eat them anymore maybe when I have better control I will but as for now I gotta say no no no good luck!
cherry7211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #8  
Future Former Fat Girl

Kudos to all the great posts in this thread!

I've been on Phase 1 of South Beach for about 9 days now and my sweet tooth has been completely tamed. It is not easy but my doctor said that Phase 1 will stop the blood glucose zoom/crash thing that makes me so much more likely to binge. It has really helped.

I totally can relate to the office "foodies" saying "take - it will go to waste." It is really enticing. Besides, gramma always said "waste not, want not." HOWEVER, we are not human garbage disposal! If it goes to waste, then so be it! Food is biodegradible anyway! Won't cause global warming if you don't finish that chili mac!

Good luck and keep your chin up!
mllek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:46 PM   #9  

MillieK

LOVE your avatar!!
Morrobay1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:19 AM   #10  
Carelessy Creative

Thanks so much everyone. After reading your responses I did so much better today. Even though I work at a grocery store I didn't cave and I stayed within my calorie limits. =)

I just feel like I've been on this plateau for months and it's killing me.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

I`ve just blogged about the chocolate-trigger, just before I found your post.If I want sweets I find it easier to have something non-chocolate. Chocolate sets me up for a binge (probably because it`s always been involved in my binges which lasted for some 20 years in total), but I can have other kinds of sweets, enjoy them and then continue to eat healthily.
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #12  
To war!

S/C/G: 194/ticker/135?

Height: 5' 3"

shaunabear:
Hating yourself will do nothing, you are just human. What I've found that helps me with my cravings is carrying small treats with me (sugar-free hard candies, sugar-free snack bars, a few almonds) that allows me to snack without going overboard. Get up, and get back on that horse lady!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillieK View Post
HOWEVER, we are not human garbage disposal! If it goes to waste, then so be it! Food is biodegradible anyway! Won't cause global warming if you don't finish that chili mac!
Funny you should say that I've found that since I moved to a town that recycles I don't mind so much not finishing my food. It comes back every Saturday by means of the town's organic produce market.
Tante Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi shaunabear,

Gosh. I wish I had wise words of wisdom. I'm not in a good place myself. But, I just wanted to lend an ear and leave a few words of encouragement.

I have this perfection tendency. Rather, wish. Perfection is never going to happen. When I blow it, the hatred and self-pounding I do to myself is truly blindingly painful.

Maybe today, treat yourself like you might your best friend? I don't know. I guess that sounds a little patronizing. Maybe we tell our best friends the harsh truth when they need it.

Anyway, guess I really don't have anything to add (I'm not usually this self-defeating).

I hope things improve for you. For both of us.
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 191/183/165

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lots2Lose View Post
I started keeping a list of 0 - 2 point (WW) snacks on the fridge and if I want something else it has to be on the list...so I have another snack but don't necessarily blow the whole day...its starting to work for me!
this is a TOP suggestion! I am going to do this tomorrow.
Shauna,
I know how you feel, I just went away for a few days and I ate a lot of red meat which I dont like to begin with- and I really packed it on.

Its SO hard but you arent alone, Drink TONS of water and keep writing!

I am in the same boat, I seem to self-sabotage, Maybe we can help each other!?
lessthanzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:50 AM   #15  
Carelessy Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanzero View Post
this is a TOP suggestion! I am going to do this tomorrow.
Shauna,
I know how you feel, I just went away for a few days and I ate a lot of red meat which I dont like to begin with- and I really packed it on.

Its SO hard but you arent alone, Drink TONS of water and keep writing!

I am in the same boat, I seem to self-sabotage, Maybe we can help each other!?
That'd be awesome!! =)

I just don't understand myself when I do soooooo well for an entire week and then just out of the blue "one little treat" turns into just one more, and then another and another. Ugh, I should probably just try to avoid them all together.

I feel like I have no one to talk to. I mean my boyfriend is very encouraging and supportive but he's naturally thin and is trying to gain weight so it's hard for him to see from my point of view. I guess it's two different ends of the spectrum. He's been trying to gain weight while I've been trying to lose weight. It's also hard seeing him eat soooo much more than me and stuff that I would love to eat but I can't. He has to eat about 2200 calories a day just to maintain his weight, while I have to eat 1400 just to lose.